Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

skisloper

Starter
Melo is a beast. He's better then Wade. Game 4 win on his back. Perhaps he's finally found that shooting rhythm again and we'll see him knock down more of those open looks.

He gets open against the Miami Heat, one of the best defensive teams EVER. Just being able to get those open looks at the net means he is doing what 99% of the league can not do. If he knocks down half of those open looks we win. Melo just straight up shat all over this thread. Lets see big dog do that.

Overall Wade is the better player....plus has a ring

p0nder

Starter
You don't think Melo + prime shaq would get a ring???

Wade's numbers are inflated because he played on a ****ty team as the #1 guy. Melo has always had a decent cast around him, including a number of chuckers that take away from his shots and rhythm. It's apples and oranges because of positioning but in terms of attitude Wade is the Robin and Melo is the Batman.

Melo's 25 ppg 6 reb 3 assist 46% FG + better FT% and 3pt% in context of the teams and positioning puts him on Wades level easily. Wade is the most overrated guard next to Rondo.

Maybe I'm biased cause Melo just put the Knicks on his back for the first playoff win since I was in high school. But Melo is on Wade's level.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Melo is a beast. He's better then Wade. Game 4 win on his back. Perhaps he's finally found that shooting rhythm again and we'll see him knock down more of those open looks.

He gets open against the Miami Heat, one of the best defensive teams EVER. Just being able to get those open looks at the net means he is doing what 99% of the league can not do. If he knocks down half of those open looks we win. Melo just straight up shat all over this thread. Lets see big dog do that.

Damn Ponder.. you just shat on yourself trying to say Melo is better than Wade.

I know you're hyped but you need to slow down.

Melo is not in Wade class.

skisloper

Starter
You don't think Melo + prime shaq would get a ring???

Wade's numbers are inflated because he played on a ****ty team as the #1 guy. Melo has always had a decent cast around him, including a number of chuckers that take away from his shots and rhythm. It's apples and oranges because of positioning but in terms of attitude Wade is the Robin and Melo is the Batman.

Melo's 25 ppg 6 reb 3 assist 46% FG + better FT% and 3pt% in context of the teams and positioning puts him on Wades level easily. Wade is the most overrated guard next to Rondo.

Maybe I'm biased cause Melo just put the Knicks on his back for the first playoff win since I was in high school. But Melo is on Wade's level.

Melo always having a more then decent cast around him should allow him more playoff victories...look what lebron did with Cleveland or Kidd did with the nets.............

fender0577

Rotation player
Damn Ponder.. you just shat on yourself trying to say Melo is better than Wade.

I know you're hyped but you need to slow down.

Melo is not in Wade class.
I don't think he's better than wade, but, he's in his class, stop it.

Melo always having a more then decent cast around him should allow him more playoff victories...look what lebron did with Cleveland or Kidd did with the nets.............
Good point.:agreed:

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
btw Wade > Melo

easily.

Career 26 ppg 6 assist 5 rebounds on 49% shooting with 2 steals and 1 block, Wade is the most efficient guard since Jordan and a top 3 SG of all time.

Melo isn't even in the top 10 all time in his position.

Wade is not better all time then David West or Drexler.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Why cant we just say Melo was awesome yesterday and leave it at that.
Why do we have to constantly compare him to other people?

Melo is Melo, Wade is Wade, LeBron is LeBron.

Wade and James arent on this team, neither is Glenn Robinson or anyone else. I could give a sh*t about them

Melo has flaws, everyone knows, hell even he knows.
BUT he's ours, so I dont know, I dont want to say get over it but..support him?
whatever you want just stop the comparions!

KBlack25

Starter
Why cant we just say Melo was awesome yesterday and leave it at that.
Why do we have to constantly compare him to other people?

Melo is Melo, Wade is Wade, LeBron is LeBron.

Wade and James arent on this team, neither is Glenn Robinson or anyone else. I could give a sh*t about them

Melo has flaws, everyone knows, hell even he knows.
BUT he's ours, so I dont know, I dont want to say get over it but..support him?
whatever you want just stop the comparions!

I agree with everything but the bold.

We are fans and are allowed to express our opinion. This board would be pointless if all it was was support. There needs to be some criticism to get a healthy dialogue going.

I don't agree with all the things the pro-Melo people say, I don't agree with everything anti-Melo people say, but we need both in order to have a board where people can actually converse and debate.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I think by the end of their careers Melo will have a better career than Wade. Wade is 30 while Melo is 27. Also Wade is a lot more injury proned and it's only gonna get worse as he gets older. Wade's game is based on his athleticism and once he loses that he's gonna struggle to score. Melo has the type of game where he can be effective even once he gets older because he has a post game. Just look at Kobe once he started losing his athleticism he added a post game and that's what allows him to still be effective. That and his excellent footwork. So unless Wade adds a post game and a reliable jumpshot within the next few years there will be a huge decline in his game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Historical preformance by Melo today.

Jim, it was the greatest fight I ever seen in my life, both guys preformed at their highest level, Mayweather will always be the better box, but we have to thank them both for giving us a great show. I was amazed by their ability and technique ... a true mega fight.

Wow that's high praise. Its rare when a mega-fight ACTUALLY lives up to its billing. Big question is: Will Money ever fight PAC. We all wanna see it. Though whole world wants to see it. Reminds me of Hagler-Hearns back in the day. They didn't fight until they were both well out of thier primes. Hopefully they can both put aside the egos and put it together for us fans.

jimkcchief88

All Star
btw Wade > Melo

easily.

Career 26 ppg 6 assist 5 rebounds on 49% shooting with 2 steals and 1 block, Wade is the most efficient guard since Jordan and a top 3 SG of all time.

Melo isn't even in the top 10 all time in his position.

And that was a historical performance by Melo. See my diatribe with haterblack25 about efficiency. I think that is a bad way to measure a jump-shooters scorers EFFECTIVENESS. Its the same theory as in boxing: Volumes of punches= effective aggresiveness. You may not be as accurate or "efficient", but you win by a "perponderance of punches." For example if you look at yesterdays box score, STAT had a much higher shooting %, but HALF of Melo's points. That is by no means knocking STAT's 20/10, but we NEEDED every bit of Melo's 41(including those free throws he missed down the stretch). Look closer, and his fg %'s were terrible at the half. But being a pure scorer and jump shooter, Melo FOUND his shot in the 4th quarter. That's what makes him the BEST closer in the game next to Kobe. Melo won't get discouraged if his first couple shots don't fall. He will shoot himself into the game and end up with big numbers like Sunday. Jump shooters by definition will have to take more shots to get the same results as post guys because again by definition its a lower % shot.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo is better than Wade!!! He has the better shot and a better looking woman. Melo is taller and is stronger and makes appearances on a reality show.
:peace:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I agree with everything but the bold.

We are fans and are allowed to express our opinion. This board would be pointless if all it was was support. There needs to be some criticism to get a healthy dialogue going.

I don't agree with all the things the pro-Melo people say, I don't agree with everything anti-Melo people say, but we need both in order to have a board where people can actually converse and debate.
Oh I agree!

I didnt mean you had to just support him, If we werent allowed to go against the grain then it would be a very boring place.

To be honest I hate the Melosexuals more than the haters sometimes:thumbsup: lmao

KBlack25

Starter
And that was a historical performance by Melo. See my diatribe with haterblack25 about efficiency. I think that is a bad way to measure a jump-shooters scorers EFFECTIVENESS. Its the same theory as in boxing: Volumes of punches= effective aggresiveness. You may not be as accurate or "efficient", but you win by a "perponderance of punches." For example if you look at yesterdays box score, STAT had a much higher shooting %, but HALF of Melo's points. That is by no means knocking STAT's 20/10, but we NEEDED every bit of Melo's 41(including those free throws he missed down the stretch). Look closer, and his fg %'s were terrible at the half. But being a pure scorer and jump shooter, Melo FOUND his shot in the 4th quarter. That's what makes him the BEST closer in the game next to Kobe. Melo won't get discouraged if his first couple shots don't fall. He will shoot himself into the game and end up with big numbers like Sunday. Jump shooters by definition will have to take more shots to get the same results as post guys because again by definition its a lower % shot.

Lmao making up stuff again? Man it's creepy how obsessed you are with me.

Where did I say Melo should've stopped shooting? All I said is he shot at an inefficient clip and needed to shoot better.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Lmao making up stuff again? Man it's creepy how obsessed you are with me.

Where did I say Melo should've stopped shooting? All I said is he shot at an inefficient clip and needed to shoot better.

true all YOU asked for was for him to shoot higher percentage shots and make most of them, nothing wrong with that

BUT OTHERS have been real idiots about their Melo bashing, you, Metro and a couple others have at least been realistic and not Stephen A. like when it comes to your negative opinions on Melo

KBlack25

Starter
true all YOU asked for was for him to shoot higher percentage shots and make most of them, nothing wrong with that

BUT OTHERS have been real idiots about their Melo bashing, you, Metro and a couple others have at least been realistic and not Stephen A. like when it comes to your negative opinions on Melo

Right - all I said was 30 points on 26 shots was unacceptable from the best scorer in the league. The 41 on 29 is a much better clip (like 1/3 of a point better per shot).

CA7

Scoring Champ
Right - all I said was 30 points on 26 shots was unacceptable from the best scorer in the league. The 41 on 29 is a much better clip (like 1/3 of a point better per shot).

My thing with the 30 on 26 was

1- thats still 46% which isn't great but its right on average with players like CA, KB and KD

2- He didn't hit any 3's and a couple of shots were late in the shot clock and rushed or he got fouled but the refs didn't give him the call so say thats 4 shots that were either rushed or should have resulted in FT attempts

but at the end of the day if you score 30 the most shots it should take is about 22 especially in the playoffs

I just wanna see what a more athletic, better conditioned, focused on a championship, MVP level Carmelo Anthony can do

metrocard

Legend
I think by the end of their careers Melo will have a better career than Wade. Wade is 30 while Melo is 27. Also Wade is a lot more injury proned and it's only gonna get worse as he gets older. Wade's game is based on his athleticism and once he loses that he's gonna struggle to score. Melo has the type of game where he can be effective even once he gets older because he has a post game. Just look at Kobe once he started losing his athleticism he added a post game and that's what allows him to still be effective. That and his excellent footwork. So unless Wade adds a post game and a reliable jumpshot within the next few years there will be a huge decline in his game.

This post was so stupid I just have to call you and an idiot and not even waste my time arguing that Melo is better than Wade...Wade has a post game and always been more effective than Melo.

Wade has one of the best midrange jumpshots in the NBA...how stupid can you be?

Wade's game is based on skill, agility, and elite ball handling skills... athleticism is a word used by stupid unathletic people who can't analyse an athlete.

metrocard

Legend

Melo can also shoot you out of the a game. Check the majority half of the season.

This is just a half empty half full type thing.

Melo needs to find his shot in the first, second, third and fourth quarter. so we can win games.

Winning one clutch game doesn't excuse losing many other games.

Jamal Crawford was clutch too, but look at how much losing he was apart of?

That argument is flawed sadly, I see you're passionate about Melo, but its time to be real.

Clutchness can be overrated.

Just f*cking win, its that simple. Nothing fancy about it. Thats why the Spurs are so successful.

Thats why big men > high volume wing players. Duncan, Hakeem, Wilt, Mutumbo, Ewing, Robinson, Shaq, Howard, Gasol never get the clutch term thrown on them, but they lead their franchises to a lot of winning because of their presence.

Melosexuals are soft minded people who forigve and forget easily. Losing is acceptable by Melosexuals, and that's my problem with them. We've had enough losing as Knicks and I want a franchise that accepts winning only. Having Melo leading your franchise doesn't equal that.

Melo will never be that Derek Jeter type athlete