Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

iSaYughh

Starter
It's funny that Melosexuals will quickly try to mock someone if Melo sucks ass in a huge game and is the anti-clutch, point out that "it's only a game, fool, it's a small sample size".

And yet, it is they who take the initial lead in pointing out other players' as being supposedly "unclutch" to try to give Melo a mystique that makes him impervious to the type of critique that any other player would receive. Notably, Lebron, but it extends to almost anyone else in effort to give Melo this mystique. Imagine the situations of yesterdays game being reversed? Lebron putting up Melo's game, Melo putting up his, and the team scores begin reversed. What would the reactions be?

It's unfortunate I have to beef up a non-Knick, especially a MIA player, but this is the price that must be paid because Melosexuals running amuck with faulty opinions of this guy, which unfortunately go beyond just rooting for a Knick....it goes to the heart of our franchise, and the chances of our franchise to be a true winner. Which is all i care about.

People talk about Lebron being unclutch, which is dumb, IMO -- especially given his age. He's also been extremely clutch; he's just played like an ass in a small sample size of games, that are cherry picked games of the playoffs from cherry picked series', too, which is easier to do to him since he gets through so many rounds of the playoffs...same for Kobe, eg.

Melo can certainly hit big shots -- but being a consistent, quality scorer *throughout* big games is just as important and "clutch", *if* you want to be a player who can actually carry a team (and I don't just mean get hot for some games), and get *to* the point where "big shots" will be needed to close out games/series'.

If you *aren't* that kinda player -- and Melo isn't, which is what METRO'S main point has always been here, to me anyway -- then that's fine....you can be a top 15ish player, and be there as a unique asset to have the scoring ability and ice in veins to finish off games. Fine! That's awesome. Arguably, Melo is maybe the best in the NBA in fulfilling this role. **whether Melo is able/willing to play that role is another question...judging by the shit that has gone down with STAT, LIN, D'antoni, and his DEN history....I question that, severely, but that's another topic**

But you aren't the type of player who can actually carry a team...the type of player where a franchise can truly build around you as if you are one....it is death to a franchise's chances of being a true winner if you are treated like that...and someone who *can* fulfill that task must be recruited, *or* you need to build a winner without someone like that which is only possible if you don't act as if you already have that guy.

Wanna know why the Nugs didn't feel too bad about letting Melo go? It let them let go of this faulty idea, and franchise-commitment.

KingCharles34

All Star
I've always had Melo is the top 15-20 easy...

I am grateful for us to have a top 15-20 player because when was the last time we had that since Sprewell and Ewing?

Yea i think hes definitely gotta be top 20 at least, and it is great having someone that can go off for 40 points against anyone. I just wish Stat was the top 20 player that many knicks fans for some reason think he is. Last season was the last year where i could see the top 20 argument for Stat, hes dropped down at least another 10 spots this year

Spree had to have been a top 15-20 player, there were some good players in the late 90's and early 2000's but Spree was one of the best 2 way players in the league. Ewing was a beast, probably a top 10 player for at least a 3 or 4 years of his career. He mighta had a few years where he was top 5

metrocard

Legend
It's funny that Melosexuals will quickly try to mock someone if Melo sucks ass in a huge game and is the anti-clutch, point out that "it's only a game, fool, it's a small sample size".

And yet, it is they who take the initial lead in pointing out other players' as being supposedly "unclutch" to try to give Melo a mystique that makes him impervious to the type of critique that any other player would receive. Notably, Lebron, but it extends to almost anyone else in effort to give Melo this mystique. Imagine the situations of yesterdays game being reversed? Lebron putting up Melo's game, Melo putting up his, and the team scores begin reversed. What would the reactions be?

It's unfortunate I have to beef up a non-Knick, especially a MIA player, but this is the price that must be paid because Melosexuals running amuck with faulty opinions of this guy, which unfortunately go beyond just rooting for a Knick....it goes to the heart of our franchise, and the chances of our franchise to be a true winner. Which is all i care about.

People talk about Lebron being unclutch, which is dumb, IMO -- especially given his age. He's also been extremely clutch; he's just played like an ass in a small sample size of games, that are cherry picked games of the playoffs from cherry picked series', too, which is easier to do to him since he gets through so many rounds of the playoffs...same for Kobe, eg.

Melo can certainly hit big shots -- but being a consistent, quality scorer *throughout* big games is just as important and "clutch", *if* you want to be a player who can actually carry a team (and I don't just mean get hot for some games), and get *to* the point where "big shots" will be needed to close out games/series'.

If you *aren't* that kinda player -- and Melo isn't, which is what METRO'S main point has always been here, to me anyway -- then that's fine....you can be a top 15ish player, and be there as a unique asset to have the scoring ability and ice in veins to finish off games. Fine! That's awesome. Arguably, Melo is maybe the best in the NBA in fulfilling this role. **whether Melo is able/willing to play that role is another question...judging by the shit that has gone down with STAT, LIN, D'antoni, and his DEN history....I question that, severely, but that's another topic**

But you aren't the type of player who can actually carry a team...the type of player where a franchise can truly build around you as if you are one....it is death to a franchise's chances of being a true winner if you are treated like that...and someone who *can* fulfill that task must be recruited, *or* you need to build a winner without someone like that which is only possible if you don't act as if you already have that guy.

Wanna know why the Nugs didn't feel too bad about letting Melo go? It let them let go of this faulty idea, and franchise-commitment.

Read folks, you'll learn something here.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Metro- My problem with this whole thread is the logic behind it, or lack therof. So in other words, if MELO had accepted the offer to play for your P/R national team, you would feel totally different about his play??? You know David Lee is from Missouri, but CHOSE not to play for MIZZOU. That didn't change how I felt about him in a KNICKS uniform. Pro atheletes are big boys and don't owe us fans anything but to play hard for our teams. So now we this 20 page thread of utter refuse in the middle of the playoffs because Melo cheesed you off years ago because he didn't play for your home team? No how do we recover and win tomorrow night, no analysis, just are you a Melosexual or not???? You are probably the most respected and followed poster here on KO.COM, but I wish you would leave the personal stuff out of it. You manage to come up with some good stats and analysis, but the personal stuff ruins it sometimes. That's all I'm saying. It is on the strength of our long-running relationship here on KO.COM that I am trying to give a little constructive critisism. We should be hating on Lebitch, not our own players.

Metro- My problem with this whole thread is the logic behind it, or lack therof. So in other words, if MELO had accepted the offer to play for your P/R national team, you would feel totally different about his play??? You know David Lee is from Missouri, but CHOSE not to play for MIZZOU. That didn't change how I felt about him in a KNICKS uniform. Pro atheletes are big boys and don't owe us fans anything but to play hard for our teams. So now we this 20 page thread of utter refuse in the middle of the playoffs because Melo cheesed you off years ago because he didn't play for your home team? No how do we recover and win tomorrow night, no analysis, just are you a Melosexual or not???? You are probably the most respected and followed poster here on KO.COM, but I wish you would leave the personal stuff out of it. You manage to come up with some good stats and analysis, but the personal stuff ruins it sometimes. That's all I'm saying. It is on the strength of our long-running relationship here on KO.COM that I am trying to give a little constructive critisism. We should be hating on Lebitch, not our own players.

DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER!

iSaYughh

Starter
Oh shit look at everyone call Melo fans Melosexuals.
Damn atleast Metro is original

^ spoken like a true Melosexual.

Stop trying to run from the truth and attempting to save face by going after Metro's jock, and man up to fact and logic.

Just a low, low quality post by you. Speaking of being unoriginal....:thumbsup:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
^ spoken like a true Melosexual.

Stop trying to run from the truth and attempting to save face by going after Metro's jock, and man up to fact and logic.

Just a low, low quality post by you. Speaking of being unoriginal....:thumbsup:
I honestly dont give a f*ck what Metro posts or you for whatever thats worth, you dont really deserve a response.I dont expect you to care what I say either

However Metro never spoke his side until what, 2 pages ago.
This thread is 21 pages long and he says that shit 2 pages ago?

In the words of the infamous Metro:
go-eat.jpg

metrocard

Legend
Jim, you got me pinned and you're right.

Just one more Melo stat before I go: Anthony played his 50th career playoff game Saturday, a 100-67 massacre at the hands of the Miami Heat. Heading into Monday's Game 2, Anthony now owns a 16-34 career postseason record (.320)—the worst of any player who has appeared in that many postseason games since 1991-92.
Lets end this thread in peace.

2vw5id3.jpg

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend

When you only train 1 hour a day, there's no surprise you're going to run out of gas late in the season and late in the games.

As talented and skilled as Melo is, not working hard isn't acceptable, ever.

Melo just isn't dedicating and hard working enough to be compared to the best, like these guys.

and Glenn Robinson and Carmelo Anthony average similar numbers in the playoffs, only difference is that Melo takes more shots.

Long live this thread!

CA7

Scoring Champ

When you only train 1 hour a day, there's no surprise you're going to run out of gas late in the season and late in the games.

As talented and skilled as Melo is, not working hard isn't acceptable, ever.

Melo just isn't dedicating and hard working enough to be compared to the best, like these guys.

and Glenn Robinson and Carmelo Anthony average similar numbers in the playoffs, only difference is that Melo takes more shots.

Long live this thread!

Me and you never see eye to eye but this is the 1st thing I agree with

I keep saying Melo doesn't have a superstars work ethic, he has a superstars talent

LeBron and KD if you notice we practing game shots, Melo does a lot of basic form shooting, which is good for his mechanics but not for in game situations.

Melo and CP3 are both Jordan Brand athletes, why are they not working together in the gym all summer in LA or NY like KD and LBJ

He needs to find a guy(CP3) maybe even Kobe and work out with them, get more athletic and want to be in the MVP conversation

Working out with STAT or any other Knick wont help because there's no competition, working out with Kobe or CP3 will make him say damn I gotta step up and keep working

He also needs to learn how to run, LeBron runs like a football player which is why he doesn't expend so much energy while running, KD learned that this year and its worked for him

Melo is a power player but he cant be anymore the NBA had changed Melo gotta get back to 04-06 form athletically and 08-09 form mentally

metrocard

Legend
To credit Melo, his talent is truely timeless.

I'm talking about Dominique Wilkins meeting Charles Barkely type talent.

CA7

Scoring Champ
To credit Melo, his talent is truely timeless.

I'm talking about Dominique Wilkins meeting Charles Barkely type talent.

Agreed

his problem is and I really think this

he's too cool, doesn't let what people say bother him he needs to use this criticism and this ass whooping as motivation

Melo was an athletic freak coming into the league I mean strong, fast and quick now he's just a power player..no Melo we need you to find that youth and dont say you cant because you can

Get in that gym get that 8% body fat to 5, learn how to run again and we'll truly see the superstar we all know he can be

bad quality but come on now that **** doesn't just go away, all it takes is mad work on your core abs, quads, calfs and hips

Imagine him become this with a consistent jumper, same fire, same attitude- I love and hate Barkley him and Melo are a lot alike

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Jim, you got me pinned and you're right.

Just one more Melo stat before I go: Anthony played his 50th career playoff game Saturday, a 100-67 massacre at the hands of the Miami Heat. Heading into Monday's Game 2, Anthony now owns a 16-34 career postseason record (.320)?the worst of any player who has appeared in that many postseason games since 1991-92.
Lets end this thread in peace.

2vw5id3.jpg

We always got peace Metro.:) 17-34 after today:)!!! I think that stat is misleading. A lot of great players get stuck in bad situations. As Jerry Kause stated: organizations win championships. Puljols is in the midst of finding that out lol:) IDK about Melo'sworkout, but he didn't look gassed in the 4th today. The Melo stat that everyone needs to remember is his clutch gene. Next to Kobe Melo is the best closer in the NBA. And he is ours so I don't get all the hateraid, oh well.... What did u think of the fight last night??? I thought Cotto earned a re-match. I liked seeing money get touched for a change...

metrocard

Legend
Historical preformance by Melo today.

Jim, it was the greatest fight I ever seen in my life, both guys preformed at their highest level, Mayweather will always be the better box, but we have to thank them both for giving us a great show. I was amazed by their ability and technique ... a true mega fight.

p0nder

Starter
Melo is a beast. He's better then Wade. Game 4 win on his back. Perhaps he's finally found that shooting rhythm again and we'll see him knock down more of those open looks.

He gets open against the Miami Heat, one of the best defensive teams EVER. Just being able to get those open looks at the net means he is doing what 99% of the league can not do. If he knocks down half of those open looks we win. Melo just straight up shat all over this thread. Lets see big dog do that.

metrocard

Legend
Melo is a beast. He's better then Wade. Game 4 win on his back. Perhaps he's finally found that shooting rhythm again and we'll see him knock down more of those open looks.

He gets open against the Miami Heat, one of the best defensive teams EVER. Just being able to get those open looks at the net means he is doing what 99% of the league can not do. If he knocks down half of those open looks we win. Melo just straight up shat all over this thread. Lets see big dog do that.

Stop hating on my thread little guy.

metrocard

Legend
btw Wade > Melo

easily.

Career 26 ppg 6 assist 5 rebounds on 49% shooting with 2 steals and 1 block, Wade is the most efficient guard since Jordan and a top 3 SG of all time.

Melo isn't even in the top 10 all time in his position.