Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
omg

can't believe you are still arguing about this!

be productive and talk about something meaningful for god's sake

shut the thread down!

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
omg

can't believe you are still arguing about this!

be productive and talk about something meaningful for god's sake

shut the thread down!

For me, this is one of the most insightful threads in KO. I gained quite a bit of knowledge from most of the posters here.
Some of the information here is not something I will read from espn or else where. Articles by those so called 'sports jouralists' are just way too commercial and never stay in my mind by the end of the day.
If the infor, the good the bad and the ugly, is about our best player, we have the right to know. And each of us can come up with our own conclusion as to what to retain and what to discard.

I mean if someone had asked me before, "who is the most clutch active player?" I probably wouldve selected Kobe, or Pierce, or Dirk. This is something that I can win some smaller wagers among friends. :peace:

nyk_nyk

All Star
There are very few players in the league that are damn near unguardable and Melo is one of them. Therefore that makes him elite in my opinion. I don't need any special stats to support that. I've seen it too many times for myself.

KingCharles34

All Star
Wow Metro no superstar players are your favs, Ive never seen that before not saying thats a bad thing just very different.

But just like CA7 might be being emotional on the positive side with Melo since his an admitted huge Melo fan, your being emotional on the negative side even if your using stats I mean not even top 15 player right now thats pushing it he's at least a top 10 player.

I think it takes more then 10 to 15 games to reach this level. Hes been great since shortly after Woodson took over, but hes still not in my top 15 and Im not trying to be negative. I'm a Melo fan, hes showing great efforts at becoming a 2-way player but its not an overnight thing. He keeps this up and he'll get there

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
For me, this is one of the most insightful threads in KO. I gained quite a bit of knowledge from most of the posters here.
Some of the information here is not something I will read from espn or else where. Articles by those so called 'sports jouralists' are just way too commercial and never stay in my mind by the end of the day.
If the infor, the good the bad and the ugly, is about our best player, we have the right to know. And each of us can come up with our own conclusion as to what to retain and what to discard.

I mean if someone had asked me before, "who is the most clutch active player?" I probably wouldve selected Kobe, or Pierce, or Dirk. This is something that I can win some smaller wagers among friends. :peace:

You have a point there and i feel you bro.
However, Melo has been clutch for years in Denver.

In the end, we all here support the same team and we want the best for the knicks. And we all know that the star of this team is melo, so lets hope for the best.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
1. Bron
2. Cp3
3. Kobe
4. Howard
5. Love
6. Wade
7. Rose
8. Griffin
9. Pierce
10.Westbrook
11. Gasol
12. T.Parker
13. Melo
14. Bynum
15. Nash

If youre in the top 15 youre elite.

This list favors two-way players over offensive

jimkcchief88

All Star
This is ridiculous. This is why so-called KNICKS fans lose all cred and I don't post here much. How can you watch MELO drop 43 yesterday against a premier team as the SOLO SCORING threat and and not say he is elite???? Same cats still swinging off Marbury's nuts. C'mon man:(

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Melo doesn't deserve a free pass. I lost respect for Carmelo Anthony the man and the player. If you hate your coach that bad go talk to the guy who's paying you. Don't be a bitch and make us suffer watching your ass go 4 for 27.

But Melo is in beastmode with Woodson whose brought out the best in him.

Stilll my favorite player. :gony:

I agree completly! Yes im glad melo is his normal self BUT if he has already quit one time on the coach,team and fans then there is a good possibility that he will do it again if he does'nt get his way.

KingCharles34

All Star
Lebron
Kobe
Chris Paul
Howard
Bynum
Wade
Rose
Durant
Pierce
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Deron Williams
Deng
Westbrook
Love

These 15 all have a better all around game then Carmelo in my opinion. With the exception of Love, they're all between good and great defensively. Yes, Carmelo is a better individual scorer then at least half the players on this list. And yes, Carmelo has been playing better defense post O Antoni, but the sample size is still too small for me to move him into my top 15.

Hes right on that edge, hes there with Aldridge, Nowitzki, Griffin, Parker, Rondo, Duncan, Garnett, Josh Smith and whoever else. But no, i cant say hes a top 15 player. Nothing against the Melo fans here, I'm one myself. I hope to see him continue to put work in on defense, he has the tools to easily be top 15. Hes gotta prove himself now before he ends up going down as the next Glenn Big Dog Robinson. If we can get a championship in the next few years and hes a big part of it, he'll get his respect.

If Melo is Glen Robinson 2.0, who's Stat? Hes starting to look like the next shawn kemp. The media will give him respect for last year even though I think he took half the year off...but Shawn Kemp was never the same after 98. The 99 lockout was basically the beginning of the end for him. I hope Stat is reading this. Stat, if your reading...dont be the next Shawn Kemp. Hes got 60 milli coming his way, Stat...earn that money. Play hard, Practice hard. Do not gain 20 pounds and 1 inch after this season.

p0nder

Starter
This is ridiculous. This is why so-called KNICKS fans lose all cred and I don't post here much. How can you watch MELO drop 43 yesterday against a premier team as the SOLO SCORING threat and and not say he is elite???? Same cats still swinging off Marbury's nuts. C'mon man:(

this. :gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lebron
Kobe
Chris Paul
Howard
Bynum
Wade
Rose
Durant
Pierce
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Deron Williams
Deng
Westbrook
Love

These 15 all have a better all around game then Carmelo in my opinion. With the exception of Love, they're all between good and great defensively. Yes, Carmelo is a better individual scorer then at least half the players on this list. And yes, Carmelo has been playing better defense post O Antoni, but the sample size is still too small for me to move him into my top 15.

Hes right on that edge, hes there with Aldridge, Nowitzki, Griffin, Parker, Rondo, Duncan, Garnett, Josh Smith and whoever else. But no, i cant say hes a top 15 player. Nothing against the Melo fans here, I'm one myself. I hope to see him continue to put work in on defense, he has the tools to easily be top 15. Hes gotta prove himself now before he ends up going down as the next Glenn Big Dog Robinson. If we can get a championship in the next few years and hes a big part of it, he'll get his respect.

If Melo is Glen Robinson 2.0, who's Stat? Hes starting to look like the next shawn kemp. The media will give him respect for last year even though I think he took half the year off...but Shawn Kemp was never the same after 98. The 99 lockout was basically the beginning of the end for him. I hope Stat is reading this. Stat, if your reading...dont be the next Shawn Kemp. Hes got 60 milli coming his way, Stat...earn that money. Play hard, Practice hard. Do not gain 20 pounds and 1 inch after this season.

The fact that you have Marc Gasol and Deng in your top 15 list totally disregards anything you have to say. SMH

Gasol and Deng top 15 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE????? LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Gasol isn't even better than KG or Duncan!

Deng over Ginobli! LOLOL c'mon man you need to do this crap over. lol

nyk_nyk

All Star
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Wade
CP3
Rose
Love
Melo
Bynum
Westbrook
Howard
Pierce
Ginobli
Pau Gasol
Nash

My top 15 is interchangeable from 7 down based on peoples perspectives. Still, these are 15 players out of hundreds in the league, so IMO they are all elite.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Top 15(No Particular Order)
Kobe Bryant- easily the best basketball player in the world
Carmelo Anthony- this is the real Melo I know, this is the Melo we will see from now on, if you cant get with this, you'll get left behind, he deserves a lot of flack for his early season performance but thats over now stop hatin on this man game, Glenn Robinson has nothing on Melo
LeBron James- easy
Dwyane Wade- easy
Kevin Durant- easy
Derrick Rose- easy
Dwight Howard- easy
Kevin Love- easy
Andrew Bynum- True old school NBA Center
Deron Williams- scorer and facilitator, over rated in my eyes but a great player
Rajon Rondo- Pure PG who controls the game
Russell Westbrook- More a 2G but still a great player
LaMarcus Aldridge- 2nd Best True PF
Chris Paul- easily the best PG
Al Horford- Under Rated

Just missed-James Harden-3rd Best SG, held back by KD and RW

Blake Griffin is not elite, he has no skill, he is all athleticism, cant shoot, has no post moves, cant defend, all he can do is run and jump(pretty damn good at it LOL, but he's more of an athlete than basketball player)

Last edited:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★

I have found myself saying that all the time regarding posting. No point to post when its the same retarded shit on ESPN.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Top 15(No Particular Order)
Kobe Bryant- easily the best basketball player in the world
Carmelo Anthony- this is the real Melo I know, this is the Melo we will see from now on, if you cant get with this, you'll get left behind, he deserves a lot of flack for his early season performance but thats over now stop hatin on this man game, Glenn Robinson has nothing on Melo
LeBron James- easy
Dwyane Wade- easy
Kevin Durant- easy
Derrick Rose- easy
Dwight Howard- easy
Kevin Love- easy
Andrew Bynum- True old school NBA Center
Deron Williams- scorer and facilitator, over rated in my eyes but a great player
Rajon Rondo- Pure PG who controls the game
Russell Westbrook- More a 2G but still a great player
LaMarcus Aldridge- 2nd Best True PF
Al Horford- Under Rated
James Harden-3rd Best SG, held back by KD and RW

Blake Griffin is not elite, he has no skill, he is all athleticism, cant shoot, has no post moves, cant defend, all he can do is run and jump(pretty damn good at it LOL, but he's more of an athlete than basketball player)

This is the best list Ive seen so far(especially the part about Kobe lol) except I don't think D-Will is overrated and CP3 needs to be up there.

And what is this I keep hearing about Melo quitting he wasn't quitting on the team he was trying to fit in with MDA system and playing with Lin & Amare, and he was failing at it.

But I still can't believe Melo is being so underatted by Knicks fans he is the real deal he's a superstar top 5-10 player in this league. Forget stats that only tell a fraction of the story ask Kobe ask Lebron ask these guys who they think is in the top 10 and I bet they'll all put Melo up there because they recognized his greatness especially when he's on.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
The fact that you have Marc Gasol and Deng in your top 15 list totally disregards anything you have to say. SMH

Gasol and Deng top 15 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE????? LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Gasol isn't even better than KG or Duncan!

Yea there's no way in hell that Deng or Marc Gasol are better than Melo Pau Gasol isn't even better than Melo and he's still a little better than his younger bro.

I know everyone has their opinions I just don't get how some of you are not seeing how good of Melo is it's like were watching 2 different guys out there.

KingCharles34

All Star
NYCLakerfan....look bro we gotta evaluate the whole year here. Normally, I would agree with you. But Melo's seasons averages are lower then they usually are, his shooting percentages have dropped too this year. He just started playing defense recently, but most the year he didnt.

Some of u guys have Melo's entire career mixed up with what hes done this year. If your talking about the best 2 way players (offense and defense) in the NBA for THIS YEAR, then how can it be any less respectable of an opinion to say that hes not top 15, as opposed to he is top 15? My scale is even, I weigh offense at 50% and defense at 50%, Melo is that dude but he aint top 15 in my opinion.

Deng is one of the best defenders in the NBA, fukk what ya heard!!!

And Marc Gasol is equal to his brother. He makes a big impact on both ends of the court, your underestimating his teamplay and defense. In my opinion Duncan and KG are right there with Gasol, its very close.

Answer me this, how can anyone have Nash in their top 15 if we're talking about 2 way players? Nash is amazing on offense, but what does he do on defense? Nothing? Yea, i thought so. Fukk outta here young boyah ill ground you son

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Deng is one of the best defenders in the NBA, fukk what ya heard!!!

And Marc Gasol is equal to his brother. He makes a big impact on both ends of the court, your underestimating his teamplay and defense. In my opinion Duncan and KG are right there with Gasol, its very close.

Answer me this, how can anyone have Nash in their top 15 if we're talking about 2 way players? Nash is amazing on offense, but what does he do on defense? Nothing? Yea, i thought so. Fukk outta here young boyah ill ground you son

Your list is purely 2 way players then I agree that Deng and Marc Gasol should be there I thought you just mean in general.

But I think Melo's proving he's a good 2 way player when he tries and this is no fluke he played great D all through out that entire 09 WC playoff run.

KingCharles34

All Star
Your list is purely 2 way players then I agree that Deng and Marc Gasol should be there I thought you just mean in general.

But I think Melo's proving he's a good 2 way player when he tries and this is no fluke he played great D all through out that entire 09 WC playoff run.

I edited and added more to my post just to explain myself. I like u as a poster bro, i respect your opinion too. And if Melo can help us make some noise in the playoffs he'll be in my top 15. If next season he continues to defend and score the way hes been doing he could even move into my top 10. He does get alotta hate, some of its unfair and im not trying to add to that.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This is the best list Ive seen so far(especially the part about Kobe lol) except I don't think D-Will is overrated and CP3 needs to be up there.

And what is this I keep hearing about Melo quitting he wasn't quitting on the team he was trying to fit in with MDA system and playing with Lin & Amare, and he was failing at it.

But I still can't believe Melo is being so underatted by Knicks fans he is the real deal he's a superstar top 5-10 player in this league. Forget stats that only tell a fraction of the story ask Kobe ask Lebron ask these guys who they think is in the top 10 and I bet they'll all put Melo up there because they recognized his greatness especially when he's on.

Fixed I thought I wrote Paul

My thing with Deron Williams is he's is over valued as a defender. Great player but I think at this point he is below Rose/Paul and right with Rondo/Westbrook

The bolded part is so true, Melo is constantly regarded as the most difficult person to guard in the NBA, that right there makes him elite and top 5-10. There is no sure fire top 5 it varies from person to person.