Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

1. Bron
    2. Cp3
    3. Kobe
    4. Howard
    5. Love
    6. Wade
    7. Rose
    8. Griffin
    9. Pierce
    10.Westbrook
    11. Gasol
    12. T.Parker
    13. Melo
    14. Bynum
    15. Nash

If youre in the top 15 youre elite.

This list favors two-way players over offensive

Veteran

This is ridiculous. This is why so-called KNICKS fans lose all cred and I don't post here much. How can you watch MELO drop 43 yesterday against a premier team as the SOLO SCORING threat and and not say he is elite???? Same cats still swinging off Marbury's nuts. C'mon man

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Melo doesn't deserve a free pass. I lost respect for Carmelo Anthony the man and the player. If you hate your coach that bad go talk to the guy who's paying you. Don't be a bitch and make us suffer watching your ass go 4 for 27.

But Melo is in beastmode with Woodson whose brought out the best in him.

Stilll my favorite player.
    I agree completly! Yes im glad melo is his normal self BUT if he has already quit one time on the coach,team and fans then there is a good possibility that he will do it again if he does'nt get his way.

Lebron
    Kobe
    Chris Paul
    Howard
    Bynum
    Wade
    Rose
    Durant
    Pierce
    Pau Gasol
    Marc Gasol
    Deron Williams
    Deng
    Westbrook
    Love

These 15 all have a better all around game then Carmelo in my opinion. With the exception of Love, they're all between good and great defensively. Yes, Carmelo is a better individual scorer then at least half the players on this list. And yes, Carmelo has been playing better defense post O Antoni, but the sample size is still too small for me to move him into my top 15.

Hes right on that edge, hes there with Aldridge, Nowitzki, Griffin, Parker, Rondo, Duncan, Garnett, Josh Smith and whoever else. But no, i cant say hes a top 15 player. Nothing against the Melo fans here, I'm one myself. I hope to see him continue to put work in on defense, he has the tools to easily be top 15. Hes gotta prove himself now before he ends up going down as the next Glenn Big Dog Robinson. If we can get a championship in the next few years and hes a big part of it, he'll get his respect.

If Melo is Glen Robinson 2.0, who's Stat? Hes starting to look like the next shawn kemp. The media will give him respect for last year even though I think he took half the year off...but Shawn Kemp was never the same after 98. The 99 lockout was basically the beginning of the end for him. I hope Stat is reading this. Stat, if your reading...dont be the next Shawn Kemp. Hes got 60 milli coming his way, Stat...earn that money. Play hard, Practice hard. Do not gain 20 pounds and 1 inch after this season.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    This is ridiculous. This is why so-called KNICKS fans lose all cred and I don't post here much. How can you watch MELO drop 43 yesterday against a premier team as the SOLO SCORING threat and and not say he is elite???? Same cats still swinging off Marbury's nuts. C'mon man
    this.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Chris Paul
    Howard
    Bynum
    Wade
    Rose
    Durant
    Pierce
    Pau Gasol
    Marc Gasol
    Deron Williams
    Deng
    Westbrook
    Love

These 15 all have a better all around game then Carmelo in my opinion. With the exception of Love, they're all between good and great defensively. Yes, Carmelo is a better individual scorer then at least half the players on this list. And yes, Carmelo has been playing better defense post O Antoni, but the sample size is still too small for me to move him into my top 15.

Hes right on that edge, hes there with Aldridge, Nowitzki, Griffin, Parker, Rondo, Duncan, Garnett, Josh Smith and whoever else. But no, i cant say hes a top 15 player. Nothing against the Melo fans here, I'm one myself. I hope to see him continue to put work in on defense, he has the tools to easily be top 15. Hes gotta prove himself now before he ends up going down as the next Glenn Big Dog Robinson. If we can get a championship in the next few years and hes a big part of it, he'll get his respect.

If Melo is Glen Robinson 2.0, who's Stat? Hes starting to look like the next shawn kemp. The media will give him respect for last year even though I think he took half the year off...but Shawn Kemp was never the same after 98. The 99 lockout was basically the beginning of the end for him. I hope Stat is reading this. Stat, if your reading...dont be the next Shawn Kemp. Hes got 60 milli coming his way, Stat...earn that money. Play hard, Practice hard. Do not gain 20 pounds and 1 inch after this season.
    The fact that you have Marc Gasol and Deng in your top 15 list totally disregards anything you have to say. SMH

Gasol and Deng top 15 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE????? LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Gasol isn't even better than KG or Duncan!

Deng over Ginobli! LOLOL c'mon man you need to do this crap over. lol

Kobe
    Lebron
    Durant
    Wade
    CP3
    Rose
    Love
    Melo
    Bynum
    Westbrook
    Howard
    Pierce
    Ginobli
    Pau Gasol
    Nash

My top 15 is interchangeable from 7 down based on peoples perspectives. Still, these are 15 players out of hundreds in the league, so IMO they are all elite.

Top 15(No Particular Order)
    Kobe Bryant- easily the best basketball player in the world
    Carmelo Anthony- this is the real Melo I know, this is the Melo we will see from now on, if you cant get with this, you'll get left behind, he deserves a lot of flack for his early season performance but thats over now stop hatin on this man game, Glenn Robinson has nothing on Melo
    LeBron James- easy
    Dwyane Wade- easy
    Kevin Durant- easy
    Derrick Rose- easy
    Dwight Howard- easy
    Kevin Love- easy
    Andrew Bynum- True old school NBA Center
    Deron Williams- scorer and facilitator, over rated in my eyes but a great player
    Rajon Rondo- Pure PG who controls the game
    Russell Westbrook- More a 2G but still a great player
    LaMarcus Aldridge- 2nd Best True PF
    Chris Paul- easily the best PG
    Al Horford- Under Rated

Just missed-James Harden-3rd Best SG, held back by KD and RW

Blake Griffin is not elite, he has no skill, he is all athleticism, cant shoot, has no post moves, cant defend, all he can do is run and jump(pretty damn good at it LOL, but he's more of an athlete than basketball player)
    Last edited by CA7; Apr 17, 2012 at 17:15.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88

I have found myself saying that all the time regarding posting. No point to post when its the same retarded **** on ESPN.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Top 15(No Particular Order)
    Kobe Bryant- easily the best basketball player in the world
    Carmelo Anthony- this is the real Melo I know, this is the Melo we will see from now on, if you cant get with this, you'll get left behind, he deserves a lot of flack for his early season performance but thats over now stop hatin on this man game, Glenn Robinson has nothing on Melo
    LeBron James- easy
    Dwyane Wade- easy
    Kevin Durant- easy
    Derrick Rose- easy
    Dwight Howard- easy
    Kevin Love- easy
    Andrew Bynum- True old school NBA Center
    Deron Williams- scorer and facilitator, over rated in my eyes but a great player
    Rajon Rondo- Pure PG who controls the game
    Russell Westbrook- More a 2G but still a great player
    LaMarcus Aldridge- 2nd Best True PF
    Al Horford- Under Rated
    James Harden-3rd Best SG, held back by KD and RW

Blake Griffin is not elite, he has no skill, he is all athleticism, cant shoot, has no post moves, cant defend, all he can do is run and jump(pretty damn good at it LOL, but he's more of an athlete than basketball player)

This is the best list Ive seen so far(especially the part about Kobe lol) except I don't think D-Will is overrated and CP3 needs to be up there.

And what is this I keep hearing about Melo quitting he wasn't quitting on the team he was trying to fit in with MDA system and playing with Lin & Amare, and he was failing at it.

But I still can't believe Melo is being so underatted by Knicks fans he is the real deal he's a superstar top 5-10 player in this league. Forget stats that only tell a fraction of the story ask Kobe ask Lebron ask these guys who they think is in the top 10 and I bet they'll all put Melo up there because they recognized his greatness especially when he's on.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    The fact that you have Marc Gasol and Deng in your top 15 list totally disregards anything you have to say. SMH

Gasol and Deng top 15 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE????? LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Gasol isn't even better than KG or Duncan!

Yea there's no way in hell that Deng or Marc Gasol are better than Melo Pau Gasol isn't even better than Melo and he's still a little better than his younger bro.

I know everyone has their opinions I just don't get how some of you are not seeing how good of Melo is it's like were watching 2 different guys out there.

NYCLakerfan....look bro we gotta evaluate the whole year here. Normally, I would agree with you. But Melo's seasons averages are lower then they usually are, his shooting percentages have dropped too this year. He just started playing defense recently, but most the year he didnt.

Some of u guys have Melo's entire career mixed up with what hes done this year. If your talking about the best 2 way players (offense and defense) in the NBA for THIS YEAR, then how can it be any less respectable of an opinion to say that hes not top 15, as opposed to he is top 15? My scale is even, I weigh offense at 50% and defense at 50%, Melo is that dude but he aint top 15 in my opinion.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Deng is one of the best defenders in the NBA, **** what ya heard!!!

And Marc Gasol is equal to his brother. He makes a big impact on both ends of the court, your underestimating his teamplay and defense. In my opinion Duncan and KG are right there with Gasol, its very close.

Answer me this, how can anyone have Nash in their top 15 if we're talking about 2 way players? Nash is amazing on offense, but what does he do on defense? Nothing? Yea, i thought so. **** outta here young boyah ill ground you son

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Deng is one of the best defenders in the NBA, **** what ya heard!!!

And Marc Gasol is equal to his brother. He makes a big impact on both ends of the court, your underestimating his teamplay and defense. In my opinion Duncan and KG are right there with Gasol, its very close.

Answer me this, how can anyone have Nash in their top 15 if we're talking about 2 way players? Nash is amazing on offense, but what does he do on defense? Nothing? Yea, i thought so. **** outta here young boyah ill ground you son

Your list is purely 2 way players then I agree that Deng and Marc Gasol should be there I thought you just mean in general.

But I think Melo's proving he's a good 2 way player when he tries and this is no fluke he played great D all through out that entire 09 WC playoff run.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Your list is purely 2 way players then I agree that Deng and Marc Gasol should be there I thought you just mean in general.

But I think Melo's proving he's a good 2 way player when he tries and this is no fluke he played great D all through out that entire 09 WC playoff run.
    I edited and added more to my post just to explain myself. I like u as a poster bro, i respect your opinion too. And if Melo can help us make some noise in the playoffs he'll be in my top 15. If next season he continues to defend and score the way hes been doing he could even move into my top 10. He does get alotta hate, some of its unfair and im not trying to add to that.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    This is the best list Ive seen so far(especially the part about Kobe lol) except I don't think D-Will is overrated and CP3 needs to be up there.

And what is this I keep hearing about Melo quitting he wasn't quitting on the team he was trying to fit in with MDA system and playing with Lin & Amare, and he was failing at it.

But I still can't believe Melo is being so underatted by Knicks fans he is the real deal he's a superstar top 5-10 player in this league. Forget stats that only tell a fraction of the story ask Kobe ask Lebron ask these guys who they think is in the top 10 and I bet they'll all put Melo up there because they recognized his greatness especially when he's on.
    Fixed I thought I wrote Paul

My thing with Deron Williams is he's is over valued as a defender. Great player but I think at this point he is below Rose/Paul and right with Rondo/Westbrook

The bolded part is so true, Melo is constantly regarded as the most difficult person to guard in the NBA, that right there makes him elite and top 5-10. There is no sure fire top 5 it varies from person to person.