Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

Only like 20% of those thing are accurate.

Do you guys think BG is a better player than Amare when their both at there best because I had this argument with a friend.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Peep this so you don't think I'm just saying **** just to say it.

Blake Griffin Statistics Generated Scouting Report 2011

Blake Griffin has amazing scoring ability

Can get his shot off easily

Adequate from three point range

Gets to the line at will

Terrible free throw shooter

Not a good jump shooter

Good penetrator

Amazing post up game

Solid in an uptempo game

Blake Griffin has solid offensive rebounding ability

Outstanding on the defensive glass

Blake Griffin is a sensational passer

Pretty good ball handler

Blake Griffin is not a player who will get steals

Not a player who will get blocks

Pretty good at stopping open looks

Weak perimeter defender

Outstanding inside stopper

Weak guarding in transition

Blake Griffin has outstanding strength

Excellent quickness

Blake Griffin is a fantastic basketball player with superstar ability

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    can get his shot off easily-not a good jump shooter

gets to the line at will-terrible free throw shooter

not a player who will get blocks or steals, poor perimeter defender, weak guarding in transition-with his athleticism that is pathetic in every way

Blake Griffin is nothing but a sportscenter monkey and ticket seller, he's a side show, put Kevin Love on the Clippers and they are the #1 team in the West I guarantee it

He's always been the same offensively talent-wise. He was just hamstrung n shackled by his own reluctance to adhere to MDA's system.

I respect your opinion too.

Thank god for this. We'd be on the outside (of the playoff picture) looking in if Melo didnt man up and voice his concerns...

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    BG is not a fundamentally sound player he's extremely raw player that is improving skill wise but he is not a very skilled player he really just has that extremely fast spin move in the post and no other move.

I even hear Clippers fans on realgm criticizing BG for not having a good enough shot or great footwork.

This is Blakes 2nd year in the league he's already getting you 20 & 10. He'll get better at shooting. When he does it'll be lights out for the rest of the league.

Blakes got good low post offense and a decent jumpshot. Hes a good rebounder, solid low post defender, and hes bad at just about everything else defensively. Chris Paul is the reason why the Clippers are 4th. Deandre Jordan does a nice job of covering up BG's weaknesses on defense. BG will be a beast on offense once he improves that jumpshot

*edit*

NYC i think Amare at his best is slightly better then Blake, both of them should be great defenders but im not sure whats going on there. Im not even gonna speak on there defense. Offensively, Amare has the better jumpshot. He has more moves and better penetration. And let me just say this is based off a very small sample size from this year and half of last season. Plus his game 1 against the Celtics before the back injury
    Last edited by KingStarbury3; Apr 17, 2012 at 23:53.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    The fact that you have Marc Gasol and Deng in your top 15 list totally disregards anything you have to say. SMH

Gasol and Deng top 15 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE????? LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Gasol isn't even better than KG or Duncan!

Deng over Ginobli! LOLOL c'mon man you need to do this crap over. lol
    Dude if you knew anything about the NBA you would know that Deng is probably the most important player in the entire Chicago rotation, he's played the most minutes in the past 4 seasons, and an elite defender and has an all around game that keeps Chicago an elite team. Deng's defense and versatility is really second to none.

CA7, you're tripping...Blake Griffin has a post game. Your problem is you're thinking like an average NBA fan, you get a small look at some clips and highlights and assess the player from there. Blake has an a back to the basket game and uses it often.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Durant
    Wade
    CP3
    Rose
    Love
    Melo
    Bynum
    Westbrook
    Howard
    Pierce
    Ginobli
    Pau Gasol
    Nash

My top 15 is interchangeable from 7 down based on peoples perspectives. Still, these are 15 players out of hundreds in the league, so IMO they are all elite.
    Bynum, Gasol, Howard are all more valuable than Melo based on the fact they're dynamic big men who can changed the game on both sides of the floor. All these guys put their teams on their back to the Finals and are probably the most elite big men you can find along with Dirk and Love and Aldridge.

Big Men > Wing players that isn't LeBron.

12th man

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I agree Melo isn't elite, but he is clutch offensively.

The troubling thing to me is that I'm pretty sure Melo has been picking up his game around the same time he started playing PF not a SF. I hope that doesn't hint he is declining in athleticism similar to Amare. Really i hope his bad production this year was due to nagging injuries and the lockout, because otherwise, i don't see us being better than a 6th seed each year.
    Melo is really the most efficient player in the NBA during clutch time, props for him on that.

Right now, Melo is playing like a top 5 player.

But throughout the season assessment, he's been top 15-20. If he play like how he's playing now all season, he's easily top 10 and the #2 SF behind LeBron.

12th man

Isn't that fair?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo is really the most efficient player in the NBA during clutch time, props for him on that.

But throughout the season assessment, he's been top 15-20. If he play like how he's playing now all season, he's easily top 10 and the #2 SF behind LeBron.
    Thats what i kept trying to tell Team Melo, to look at the whole season instead of this recent stretch. I dont wanna see nobody from Team Melo complain about Team Starbury

Superstar

You need to stop judging Melo off of the 3 worst months of his career and look at his career as a whole. With your logic we should judge Jordan's entire career of his last season in Washington.

12th man

Well Rob Big difference wasthat. Jordan was way past his prime in Washington, everyone knew that.

Melo is in his prime, 3 months outweights 1 month, its fair to judge Melo based on the whole season (the coaching change is understandable but yet not too excusable).

We know what Melo did in his career, but we're looking at the Melo of 2011-12.

To even bring Michael Jordan in this conversation...you're reaching and disrespecting the GOAT. Im sure you can come up with better logic than that.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Only like 20% of those thing are accurate.

Do you guys think BG is a better player than Amare when their both at there best because I had this argument with a friend.
    Okay..... but that report is generated from the numbers he put up in 2011. Sleep if you want to.

That scouting report is accurate.

Blake has some areas to improve in but overall hes a beast.

Originally Posted by CA7
    can get his shot off easily-not a good jump shooter

gets to the line at will-terrible free throw shooter

not a player who will get blocks or steals, poor perimeter defender, weak guarding in transition-with his athleticism that is pathetic in every way

Blake Griffin is nothing but a sportscenter monkey and ticket seller, he's a side show, put Kevin Love on the Clippers and they are the #1 team in the West I guarantee it
    Seriously dude??

He's on sportcenter all the time because he makes spectacular plays. Okay.

There are alot of little things he does very well which make those plays possible. You need more than athletic ability to put up numbers the way blake has in the nba.

What youre claiming isnt even possible.

Dude if you knew anything about the NBA you would know that Deng is probably the most important player in the entire Chicago rotation, he's played the most minutes in the past 4 seasons, and an elite defender and has an all around game that keeps Chicago an elite team. Deng's defense and versatility is really second to none.

CA7, you're tripping...Blake Griffin has a post game. Your problem is you're thinking like an average NBA fan, you get a small look at some clips and highlights and assess the player from there. Blake has an a back to the basket game and uses it often.

Bynum, Gasol, Howard are all more valuable than Melo based on the fact they're dynamic big men who can changed the game on both sides of the floor. All these guys put their teams on their back to the Finals and are probably the most elite big men you can find along with Dirk and Love and Aldridge.

Big Men > Wing players that isn't LeBron.
    You started the list based on production and consistency, so not even including Melo was dumb from the start. Over the course of many pages you have slowly changed your definition of what your list really means. Bottom line is that Melo is a top 10 player in the league, even with average defense.

Melo, James and Durant are "probably the most elite SFs you can find". Now what?

Seriously dude??

He's on sportcenter all the time because he makes spectacular plays. Okay.

There are alot of little things he does very well which make those plays possible. You need more than athletic ability to put up numbers the way blake has in the nba.

What youre claiming isnt even possible.
    You're in denial man. C'mon let's be serious, BG is an athletic freak but he is far from a polished PF. And yes he's always on SC because of his highlight dunks. What are you watching?

Blake rebounds good because he jumps high and quick plus he's fast on the break. That alone can get you double doubles playing starter minutes.