Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well Rob Big difference wasthat. Jordan was way past his prime in Washington, everyone knew that.

Melo is in his prime, 3 months outweights 1 month, its fair to judge Melo based on the whole season (the coaching change is understandable but yet not too excusable).

We know what Melo did in his career, but we're looking at the Melo of 2011-12.

To even bring Michael Jordan in this conversation...you're reaching and disrespecting the GOAT. Im sure you can come up with better logic than that.
    The Melo of 2011-2012 even with his shooting slump was never questioned as one of the elite scorers/game changers in the league, period. Everyone was just waiting for him to get his A game back, which he did.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    You're in denial man. C'mon let's be serious, BG is an athletic freak but he is far from a polished PF. And yes he's always on SC because of his highlight dunks. What are you watching?

Blake rebounds good because he jumps high and quick plus he's fast on the break. That alone can get you double doubles playing starter minutes.
    thank you that is all

Glenn Robinson > Melo
    And
    Toney Douglas > Nash

Originally Posted by shaolin
    Glenn Robinson > Melo
    And
    Toney Douglas > Nash

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Thats what i kept trying to tell Team Melo, to look at the whole season instead of this recent stretch. I dont wanna see nobody from Team Melo complain about Team Starbury
    The fact a TEAM STARBURY still exists is fact enough complain about. STEPH is in CHINA where his waterhead belongs. Just like I told TEAM STARBURY would happen after his bogus Knicks contract was up. Please let's leave the dark ages in the past.....

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    The fact a TEAM STARBURY still exists is fact enough complain about. STEPH is in CHINA where his waterhead belongs. Just like I told TEAM STARBURY would happen after his bogus Knicks contract was up. Please let's leave the dark ages in the past.....
    Jimmy boy, why dont u blow away with the winds of Chicago? We dont need any Bulls fans here, the only non Knicks fan that gets a pass is NYCLakers. If you want me to respond to your post, you should message him and have him ask me any questions you may have. Thanks for your time and enjoy the Bulls game tonight

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo is really the most efficient player in the NBA during clutch time, props for him on that.

Right now, Melo is playing like a top 5 player.

But throughout the season assessment, he's been top 15-20. If he play like how he's playing now all season, he's easily top 10 and the #2 SF behind LeBron.
    Exactly Metro but here is the thing about statistics: you have to a have a large enough sample size which equals an entire season. MELO isn't the only star to get off to a bit of a shaky start with the short season, no camp, and new team to boot really....Not to mention Damnphony not knowing what to do with him...Bottomline is he is now dropping the numbers he has done his ENTIRE CAREER....C'mon man....Just picked up my MELO swingman jersey and matching hat....it looks great and just in time for the PLAYOFFS( You wanna talk about playoffs)...First KNICKS jersey I've purchase since my Spreewell jersey and its has seen better days....Don't divide the lockeroom before the playoffs....

Cool

This n!gga messed around and got a triple-double...

And I was there to witness it.

Close thread.

Semi-Negative rep for:

1. Reaching
    2. Vailed hate

P.S. The garden loves the Novakaine

One.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Jimmy boy, why dont u blow away with the winds of Chicago? We dont need any Bulls fans here, the only non Knicks fan that gets a pass is NYCLakers. If you want me to respond to your post, you should message him and have him ask me any questions you may have. Thanks for your time and enjoy the Bulls game tonight
    Perfect...I took off my ignore list just to see what kinda stupid s**t you had to say and you never disapoint....Been a Knicks fan longer than you reppin' that in the CHI and been on this board longer than you...back to my ignore list you go...

I dont believe you Jim but it doesnt matter either way. I learned a long time ago to never debate with you. When someone twists what you say and puts their own spins on other peoples arguments, theres no way anyone can win in your mind. Its almost like when your in a debate, you revise your opponents post to make the debate easier for you. Same thing some of these posters were doing in here. I (metrocard too) was arguing that Carmelo is not a top 15 player this year which includes 4 months of the season, not one month. And we were both factoring in defense too, many posters on here would ignore what we wrote and reply to us talking about offense only and the past month. Thats a prime example of what you always used to do, I just feel theres other posters more worthy of my time.

But if i see you post in a game thread something like "Nice play by Shump", i might reply and say I agree. Other then that, its nothing personal. Just business as always

You're in denial man. C'mon let's be serious, BG is an athletic freak but he is far from a polished PF. And yes he's always on SC because of his highlight dunks. What are you watching?

Blake rebounds good because he jumps high and quick plus he's fast on the break. That alone can get you double doubles playing starter minutes.

Posts like this are why I can't be on this forum kickin it back and forth with dudes too much.

Please tell me this was an attempt at sarcasm?

Superstar

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Peep this so you don't think I'm just saying **** just to say it.

Blake Griffin Statistics Generated Scouting Report 2011

Blake Griffin has amazing scoring ability

Can get his shot off easily

Adequate from three point range

Gets to the line at will

Terrible free throw shooter

Not a good jump shooter

Good penetrator

Amazing post up game

Solid in an uptempo game

Blake Griffin has solid offensive rebounding ability

Outstanding on the defensive glass

Blake Griffin is a sensational passer

Pretty good ball handler

Blake Griffin is not a player who will get steals

Not a player who will get blocks

Pretty good at stopping open looks

Weak perimeter defender

Outstanding inside stopper

Weak guarding in transition

Blake Griffin has outstanding strength

Excellent quickness

Blake Griffin is a fantastic basketball player with superstar ability

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    All the things that are bolded are false

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    All the things that are bolded are false
    Blake is nice, but ROM kinda overstated his abilities.

I disagree, Carmelo is a beast. easily top 10. Dude is bonkers. People have to much time on there hands.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

The Melo of 2011-2012 even with his shooting slump was never questioned as one of the elite scorers/game changers in the league, period. Everyone was just waiting for him to get his A game back, which he did.
    I'm glad he got his game back, we def need it with Lin and Amare out.

But you can't be in denial about Melo giving us a lot of terrible games. I admit to Melo and his amazing play of late. But you can't admit to Melo and his fail earlier in the season. Don't you see the imbalance in that?

This is why this thread has gone so long, a lot of people are in denial and stick to their points to the death, no one is open to new ideas.

You started the list based on production and consistency, so not even including Melo was dumb from the start. Over the course of many pages you have slowly changed your definition of what your list really means. Bottom line is that Melo is a top 10 player in the league, even with average defense.

Melo, James and Durant are "probably the most elite SFs you can find". Now what?
    I didn't change anything about my list, don't be delusional now.

James and Durant are tier 1 SF's. A level players. MVP candidates

Melo is tier 2. Deng, Dala, and Melo B+ level players, all star players who impact the floor Deng and Dala with their defense and versatility and Melo with his scoring.