Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 388

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

  1. #226
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I dont believe you Jim but it doesnt matter either way. I learned a long time ago to never debate with you. When someone twists what you say and puts their own spins on other peoples arguments, theres no way anyone can win in your mind. Its almost like when your in a debate, you revise your opponents post to make the debate easier for you. Same thing some of these posters were doing in here. I (metrocard too) was arguing that Carmelo is not a top 15 player this year which includes 4 months of the season, not one month. And we were both factoring in defense too, many posters on here would ignore what we wrote and reply to us talking about offense only and the past month. Thats a prime example of what you always used to do, I just feel theres other posters more worthy of my time.

    But if i see you post in a game thread something like "Nice play by Shump", i might reply and say I agree. Other then that, its nothing personal. Just business as always
    And I don't usually don't debate you and the rest of the Starbury crew because you make no sense. First of all, six years is a long time to troll one board so maybe the fact I bother to post here at all is because I am a Knicks fan who just HAPPENS to live in Chicago. It does happen you know. I am a STL Cardinals fan as well and that goes over just like a fart in church here in the CHI as well. Speaking of the Cards, Puljols got off to his worst start in his 10 year Cardinal career last year. Did Cardinal Nation go up in arms and start talking s**t??? No because we knew it was only a matter of time. That is what being a KNOWLEDGEable fan is all about. Same goes for MELO. He got off to an explainable rough start now he is doing what he has always done throughout his ENTIRE NBA CAREER. Melo is the best closer in the NBA next to KOBE. That says something. That says all your top 15 lists are bogus if Melo isn't in the top five. NUFF SAID.

  2. #227
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    This n!gga messed around and got a triple-double...

    And I was there to witness it.

    Close thread.

    Semi-Negative rep for:

    1. Reaching
    2. Vailed hate

    P.S. The garden loves the Novakaine

    One.

    Do you really have to be that extremely ignorant? Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to exploit your stupidity.

    If anyone is going to ignore the facts I presented and act like I'm just hating on Melo all day...you're really trolling and taking a dump on the forum real hard. This forum has been nothing but quality post...hate to see it turn into garbage because Melosexuals don't know how to carry themselves and speak fairly on this conversation.

    The Title of the thread wasn't really a diss, I'm just presenting an idea that Carmelo is overvalued and I fairly made some points that are backed with the statistics. I don't have much time on my hands(work at 6AM till 3PM, boxing 4PMto7PM), I just know my resources.

    Don't hate.

  3. #228
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Aint hatin bro, but it just seems that way to me. Melo is easily better then some of those guys you put down. You will either find out, or make excuses when he wins a championship. You will say this or that instead of saying he deserves it, because he is at least 2 handfuls of the best basketball players in the world.

  4. #229
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SuckMyKnick
    Aint hatin bro, but it just seems that way to me. Melo is easily better then some of those guys you put down. You will either find out, or make excuses when he wins a championship. You will say this or that instead of saying he deserves it, because he is at least 2 handfuls of the best basketball players in the world.
    You posted no facts. Thanks for sharing your opinion and predictions though.

  5. #230
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default




    Keeping this thread a fun thread, enjoy everyone.

  6. #231
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    All the things that are bolded are false
    So I'm supposed to believe you over a statistics generated scouting report? K.


    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Blake is nice, but ROM kinda overstated his abilities.
    Who?It's Ron guy.. I posted from a legit source. If you read the thread you'd see that all i said about him is that he had good footwork and post up ability, which will be confirmed by just about any scouting report you'll find.

    As the late great MC Guru once ripped, "stop fantasizing and bring some real **** next time..".

  7. #232
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Did Melo refuse to sign your ball?

  8. #233
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Melo with another 33 jus saying

  9. #234
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Do you really have to be that extremely ignorant? Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to exploit your stupidity.

    If anyone is going to ignore the facts I presented and act like I'm just hating on Melo all day...you're really trolling and taking a dump on the forum real hard. This forum has been nothing but quality post...hate to see it turn into garbage because Melosexuals don't know how to carry themselves and speak fairly on this conversation.

    The Title of the thread wasn't really a diss, I'm just presenting an idea that Carmelo is overvalued and I fairly made some points that are backed with the statistics. I don't have much time on my hands(work at 6AM till 3PM, boxing 4PMto7PM), I just know my resources.

    Don't hate.
    Metro: Just eat your helping of crow and be done with it. It happens to the best of us...I have hated players on my home teams into being superstars... Happened to me with Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles...Now I have both of their jerseys... snap out of it because right now you are digging yourself a hole that will go deep enough to CHINA...Say hello to STARBURY when you get there lol

  10. #235
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Seriously dude??

    He's on sportcenter all the time because he makes spectacular plays. Okay.

    There are alot of little things he does very well which make those plays possible. You need more than athletic ability to put up numbers the way blake has in the nba.

    What youre claiming isnt even possible.
    I just really disagree with you on Black Griffin and yes I have watched a lot of Clipper games this season on league pass since I like CP3. But really watching and analyzing Blakes game from a skill stand point he's mad raw and overrated.

    I know it's only his 2nd year and I really do think he's gonna get a lot better as of right now I think your overrating BG. He's shows signs of potential in the post once in a while but as of right now he's game is mostly athleticism by a long shot.

    Yea and stats can't show you someone's skill set or footwork so idk what your talking about in that other posts, that stat generated scouting report just see's that he gets most of his buckets down low so it generates so generic comments "like good low post scorer" when he does not have a good low post game yet.

    And to the Melo critics talking about how 1 month of great play doesn't trump the 3 terrible months he's had nobody is disagreeing that Melo played like trash those months, it's a lot of us were not ready to throw him out of the top 10 because of small 3 month stretch of his 9 year career where he's usually played at a high level.
    Last edited by NYCLakerfan; Apr 18, 2012 at 21:42.

  11. #236
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I just really disagree with you on Black Griffin and yes I have watched a lot of Clipper games this season on league pass since I like CP3. But really watching and analyzing Blakes game from a skill stand point he's mad raw and overrated.

    I know it's only his 2nd year and I really do think he's gonna get a lot better as of right now I think your overrating BG. He's shows signs of potential in the post once in a while but as of right now he's game is mostly athleticism by a long shot.
    Dont let him fool you.
    Your posts have spoken the truth about Blake Griffin.

  12. #237
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I just really disagree with you on Black Griffin and yes I have watched a lot of Clipper games this season on league pass since I like CP3. But really watching and analyzing Blakes game from a skill stand point he's mad raw and overrated.

    I know it's only his 2nd year and I really do think he's gonna get a lot better as of right now I think your overrating BG. He's shows signs of potential in the post once in a while but as of right now he's game is mostly athleticism by a long shot.

    Yea and stats can't show you someone's skill set or footwork so idk what your talking about in that other posts, that stat generated scouting report just see's that he gets most of his buckets down low so it generates so generic comments "like good low post scorer" when he does not have a good low post game yet.

    And to the Melo critics talking about how 1 month of great play doesn't trump the 3 terrible months he's had nobody is disagreeing that Melo played like trash those months, it's a lot of us were not ready to throw him out of the top 10 because of small 3 month stretch of his 9 year career where he's usually played at a high level.
    Blake Griffin is like a more athletic Karl Malone before he got his J. He just doesn't have a Stockton and a bread and butter p n r to lean on yet. Why Del Negro doeznt run more p n r w Blake n Chris baffles me. But I digress..

    Sir he's not at all overrated. Dude was drafted number 1 overall and has done nothing but get better each year he's been in the league while putting up prolific numbers.

    CP3's prolly my favorite player so I've watched my fair share of Clips games too. Plus I've been watching this game for a long time man. I know how to break down players. You geniuses who think you can tell who's overrated and isn't are usually wrong. And there's a gd number of ya on the forum nowadays.. That dudes numbers and game don't lie.

    What you guys aren't doing is distinguishing his tendencies at the moment from his actual skill set. The only thing he doesn't really do consistently is shoot it from the perimeter and the ft line. But he does handle it well,especially for a big. He's a v strong rebounder. He's a load in the paint for defenders offensively. He's a very competent passer. And he's smart, tough and humble. That scouting report is v accurate in my opinion based on wht ive seen.

    Its funny also how all the people whove seen it and talked nonsense posted nothing to back it up. I could post 5 more reports that wont contradict a thing ive said, or the original report i referenced.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Apr 18, 2012 at 22:42.

  13. #238
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Dont let him fool you.
    Your posts have spoken the truth about Blake Griffin.
    And this post speaks the truth about how you got your doctorate in dick ridin.

  14. #239
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Im gonna just stop watching basketball games from now on and just base all my opinions on stats because looking at stats is more reliable then actually watching games with your own eyes apparently

  15. #240
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    ............. sigh
    Last edited by ronoranina; Apr 18, 2012 at 23:03. Reason: sigh

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  2. Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In
    By c0leworld in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 13:34
  3. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 10:41
  5. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •