Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 388

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

  1. #241
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    And this post speaks the truth about how you got your doctorate in dick ridin.
    Metrocard is actually intelligent.
    He provides factual evidence on his arguments and makes some ridiculous comments but damn it they are the truth.

    From the time I've joined these forums you've done nothing but hate players and insult other users. In the words of Metrocard

  2. #242
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    So you back up your lame **** jocking w more of the same?

    And i only insult other posters once in a while.. lol when they really deserve it.

    And what did you post that was worthy of any merit?

    I guess you like dicks or smthng.

  3. #243
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Blake Griffin is like a more athletic Karl Malone before he got his J. He just doesn't have a Stockton and a bread and butter p n r to lean on yet. Why Del Negro doeznt run more p n r w Blake n Chris baffles me. But I digress..

    Sir he's not at all overrated. Dude was drafted number 1 overall and has done nothing but get better each year he's been in the league while putting up prolific numbers.

    CP3's prolly my favorite player so I've watched my fair share of Clips games too. Plus I've been watching this game for a long time man. I know how to break down players. You geniuses who think you can tell who's overrated and isn't are usually wrong. And there's a gd number of ya on the forum nowadays.. That dudes numbers and game don't lie.

    What you guys aren't doing is distinguishing his tendencies at the moment from his actual skill set. The only thing he doesn't really do consistently is shoot it from the perimeter and the ft line. But he does handle it well,especially for a big. He's a v strong rebounder. He's a load in the paint for defenders offensively. He's a very competent passer. And he's smart, tough and humble. That scouting report is v accurate in my opinion based on wht ive seen.

    Its funny also how all the people whove seen it and talked nonsense posted nothing to back it up. I could post 5 more reports that wont contradict a thing ive said, or the original report i referenced.
    I guess perception really is reality because when I'm watching Clipper games I'm not seeing this highly skilled player you speak of. Don't get me wrong I do see him improving and think he'll get there but he's overrated as an all around player in my eyes.

  4. #244
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    "When Van Gundy says to shoot even when you double teamed, is just so exasperating to......Mike Breen"


    Still can't get that song out of my head LOL

  5. #245
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Im gonna just stop watching basketball games from now on and just base all my opinions on stats because looking at stats is more reliable then actually watching games with your own eyes apparently
    You can watch BBall and observe stats. Is that illegal to do? Maybe you have to just work on your basketball analysis.


    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Metro: Just eat your helping of crow and be done with it. It happens to the best of us...I have hated players on my home teams into being superstars... Happened to me with Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles...Now I have both of their jerseys... snap out of it because right now you are digging yourself a hole that will go deep enough to CHINA...Say hello to STARBURY when you get there lol
    Theres really no crow to eat, Melo owed us this month.

    I don't hate Melo, I'm just not going to suck him off and proclaim him as good as LeBron and Durant and have him in the top 5 in the NBA because he had one good month this season.

    You gotta have a little more sense than that right there.


    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I guess perception really is reality because when I'm watching Clipper games I'm not seeing this highly skilled player you speak of. Don't get me wrong I do see him improving and think he'll get there but he's overrated as an all around player in my eyes.
    Blake is an athletic Carlos Boozer...which isn't bad at all...just don't expect Blake to enter a MVP level. He is what he is.

  6. #246
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Smile

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Do you really have to be that extremely ignorant? Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to exploit your stupidity.

    If anyone is going to ignore the facts I presented and act like I'm just hating on Melo all day...you're really trolling and taking a dump on the forum real hard. This forum has been nothing but quality post...hate to see it turn into garbage because Melosexuals don't know how to carry themselves and speak fairly on this conversation.

    The Title of the thread wasn't really a diss, I'm just presenting an idea that Carmelo is overvalued and I fairly made some points that are backed with the statistics. I don't have much time on my hands(work at 6AM till 3PM, boxing 4PMto7PM), I just know my resources.

    Don't hate.
    Hey, I call it like I see it.

    There are three cliches that come to mind...

    1. You don't make fun of the fat girl when she's coming from the gym

    That means, there is a time and a place for everything (oops another cliche) which brings me to the next one...

    2. Timing is everything

    Judging by the timing of your comparison, it was during a time of struggle and poor coaching. On the surface that seems like an opportune time to be over-critical... for a hater.

    3. Beggers can't be choosers

    I'll go out on a limb and say Melo is BETTER THAN ANY KNICK YOU'VE HAD THE PLEASURE TO WATCH. That includes Pat, Starks, Marbury, anyone you want to name. I'd bet none could hold Melo on their best day.

    So sure, Melo isn't perfect. Sure, a chip is the ultimate goal. But as you vehemently defend your position in an comparative analysis...

    You simultaneously ignore the fact that its almost Playoff time. And as a matter of importance, given the timing, your point is irrelevant at best.

    It is what it is. We didn't wait all year to read your comparisons of Glenn Robinson.

    Take a seat and pipe down, we have more important things to concentrate on.

  7. #247
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    MELO!!! The guy is beasting for us right now. Has Big Dog ever put together a consistent month like this? While I don't think Melo has played at this level long enough yet for us to call him a top 3 player in the league, if it continues he could stake that claim. And any way you slice it, he's leaps and bounds beyond Big Dog. So while you don't need to eat crow on him not being a top 5 player (yet) Metro certainly should admit that Melo is well above Glenn Robinson level (and i think he has?)

    Also, who gives a FUKC about Blake Griffin??? The guy is basically a young STAT with no jump shot. STAT is BG's Ceiling. So thats good, but he's not there yet. He's a great highlight player so he gets a lot of visibility.

  8. #248
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anyone who thinks Melo is better than Ewing should have their Knicks badge removed and banned from the site.

    It just seems like you're desperate to really lick these guys balls, no offense. Thats by far the most ridiculous statement in the thread considering Melo won't surpass what Ewing did, and especially after all the years and games Ewing gave NYC; for you to even compare the two just makes you an ass.

  9. #249
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    MELO!!! The guy is beasting for us right now. Has Big Dog ever put together a consistent month like this? While I don't think Melo has played at this level long enough yet for us to call him a top 3 player in the league, if it continues he could stake that claim. And any way you slice it, he's leaps and bounds beyond Big Dog. So while you don't need to eat crow on him not being a top 5 player (yet) Metro certainly should admit that Melo is well above Glenn Robinson level (and i think he has?)

    Also, who gives a FUKC about Blake Griffin??? The guy is basically a young STAT with no jump shot. STAT is BG's Ceiling. So thats good, but he's not there yet. He's a great highlight player so he gets a lot of visibility.

    Word bro!

    Only thing I care about is our (slim) chance to finish 6th and actually reach the second round.

    Cause 7th won't cut it this year I'm afraid.

  10. #250
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You guys cry about comparing Melo to a player who has indentical stats to Melo (except Melo has 3-4 more ppg)

    but its not a big deal when some fool compares Melo to Ewing?


  11. #251
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    MELO!!! The guy is beasting for us right now. Has Big Dog ever put together a consistent month like this? While I don't think Melo has played at this level long enough yet for us to call him a top 3 player in the league, if it continues he could stake that claim. And any way you slice it, he's leaps and bounds beyond Big Dog. So while you don't need to eat crow on him not being a top 5 player (yet) Metro certainly should admit that Melo is well above Glenn Robinson level (and i think he has?)

    Also, who gives a FUKC about Blake Griffin??? The guy is basically a young STAT with no jump shot. STAT is BG's Ceiling. So thats good, but he's not there yet. He's a great highlight player so he gets a lot of visibility.


    for the real historians and basketball purists ill lay it out there very simply for you


    Glenn Robinson was more Glen Rice


    Carmelo Anthony is more

    Bernard king/Alex english with a little bit of larry bird mixed in

    I say bernard king because in the open court at his size he can get to the basket at will, and has the mid range game as well put together as any offensive weapon to ever come into this league.

    I say Alex English, which im not sure if any one even remembers lol
    but he was a beast btw

    I say Alex English aka the blade because of his ability to score from multiple spots on the floor, while english wasnt a three point threat, being that small fowards in the 80s other than larry bird (Next) werent expected to shoot three point as much as they were expected to work the elbows and corner mid range spots on the floor.

    I say Larry bird for one reason and one reason alone

    at the small forward position, melo is now proving he can excel at the power forward position as well, which is something that was unheard of until larry bird came to bean town

    bird was able to threaten being a 10 + rebounder, 10 + assist guy and 30 + point scorer on any given night. but not in the fashion that lebron james is where its sheer athletic ability, but from mid range, behind the arc, the foul line, in the post, on the elbow, from the corner.

    There has not been a small forward who has come into the league

    let me repeat

    there has not been a small foward who has come into the league, that is as much of a threat from any area on the floor as Carmelo Anthony, since larry bird.

    Now


    every one can laugh and hoot and holler about my comparisons

    but alex english never won a damned thing true,

    bernard king never won a damned thing true,

    Carmelo Anthony never won a damned thing true,



    BUTTTT

    I repeat

    BUTTTT

    give the knicks a line up of


    Dennis Johnson
    Danny Ainge
    Carmelo Anthony
    Keving Mchale
    Robert Parish

    with Cedric Maxwell
    Greg Kite
    ML Carr
    and Quinn Buckner

    and you are going to tell me they wont win a championship behind Melo ?


    I know thats dreaming about a lake that could have been if some one poured water into a ditch in the desert.

    but the fact remains we have a serious talent on our team, as serious as you are going to get, and he is playing both ends of the floor motivated and focused and it saddens me that we are all going to bash this man

    glen robinson was glen rice, a shooter, strictly a shooter, his post up game was limited because his athleticism was limited, his passing was horrendous, his instincts in the open floor was limited, and like glen rice, he didnt win anything until he was relegated to the role of spot up three point shooter for a veteran elite level team i.e glenn spurs, rice lakers.

    Melo will never be a spot up shooter, he will never average under 20 ppg until he is ready to retire, and he hasnt even met his prime yet with regards to putting his whole game together.

    if this man gets help, i.e kobe help, lebron help, durant help.

    watch out.

  12. #252
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ewing was the greatest mid range shooting center all of time, one of the greatest defensive centers to play the game...

    He was a role model and a leader of toughness that represented New York Basketball in its prime years....

    Ewing was a superstar with intangibles, GOAT all time footwork, touch around the basket, Patrick is easily one of the most underrated defensive players ever. I don't know why, maybe it's because of the highlights of Jordan and Pippen dunking on him?

    If Ewing were to played today, he'll be DPOY easily. If you look at what Ewing had to compete with in the center defensive department, there was:

    Hakeem
    Eaton
    Robinson
    Zo
    Deke


    There can be so much awards to be given out....

    The decade of centers...Melo is living in a era where the SF position isn't the strongest position in the league.

    Ewing should of won MVP in 1995. Debate that, I dare you.

    lol...you can't be serious.

    Taking Melosexuality to the extreme.

  13. #253
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Problem is Metro, you underrate Melo because of some people's love of Melo. You're overly critical of him because some on the board overrate him. Melo is a monster. Plain & simple. He's had an off year due to the shorten season, multiple injuries he's been nursing, & a coach who had no clue had to run anything else but a pick n roll. Those factors alone explain why he played so bad this year. But as you see, ALL GREAT players find a way to get out of these slumps. And as DerekHarper posted above, we haven't even seen Melo's prime just yet.

  14. #254
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I'm glad he got his game back, we def need it with Lin and Amare out.

    But you can't be in denial about Melo giving us a lot of terrible games. I admit to Melo and his amazing play of late. But you can't admit to Melo and his fail earlier in the season. Don't you see the imbalance in that?

    This is why this thread has gone so long, a lot of people are in denial and stick to their points to the death, no one is open to new ideas.



    I didn't change anything about my list, don't be delusional now.

    James and Durant are tier 1 SF's. A level players. MVP candidates

    Melo is tier 2. Deng, Dala, and Melo B+ level players, all star players who impact the floor Deng and Dala with their defense and versatility and Melo with his scoring.
    Melo a Tier 2 SF???? How does that even make sense when he's arguably top 2 or 3 overall at that position? DUDE, THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

  15. #255
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Ewing should of won MVP in 1995. Debate that, I dare you.
    Ewing had a nice season but Robinson had a better overall stat line PLUS the Spurs won 62 games. Let's not forget the teams SA had to face in the west were much tougher as well.

    What's to debate?

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  2. Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In
    By c0leworld in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 13:34
  3. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 10:41
  5. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •