Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 388

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

  1. #271
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I absolutely agree. This is my sentiment exactly.

    Guys that are about it play regardless, they don't pick and choose who they will play under. It's a faulty foundation and a questionable character.

    No thanks.

    Enjoy the scoring, Melosexuals, because that's all you're gonna have.
    That's totally fine, but please don't come in here once this team really starts becoming a force in the east and celebrating our best player. I'll gladly take his scoring.

    I'm pretty sure if they get past the first round you'll hop on that Melo bandwaggon so fast. If you're off, stay off.

    This goes for any other poster who feels the same way.


  2. #272
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    As DMX said to NAS in Belly:"here we go again." Only in the basketball bizarro world of KO.COM are hometown superstars like MELO NOT superstars and phonies like STEPH are legends. So now if you are a MELO fan you are a "Melosexual?" How ridiculous is that. Ask ANY NBA analyst and they will tell you MELO is a top five player in this league. ANY. When Melo and Lebron came out of high school they were 1 and 1a. Melo just stopped at Syracuse to win a national championship first. Dumb a** debates like this are why I don't post here much. I lose basketball IQ points here on KO.COM. This is the best team comprised of the most talent since I joined this board. This team has a legit chance to make a run from the 7-8 seed like the 98' team that lost to the Spurs. Anyone that disagrees is too YOUNG and DUMB to REMEMBER what a GOOD KNICKS team looks like.
    Last edited by jimkcchief88; Apr 20, 2012 at 12:40. Reason: diction

  3. #273
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #274
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Melo is def a top tier SF he's interchangeable as the number 2 or 3 with KD depending on the day. Kevin Durant is a beast and has a good head on his shoulders but his game is not way ahead of Melo's Ive seen KD get shut down badly a few times by good defenders like Artest and Tony Allen, not to mention his post game is just developing. You rarely ever see Melo actually get locked up more often then not if he's having a bad game he's just playing like ****.
    Carmelo Anthony vs Ron Artest

    Melo
    22 ppg
    44%
    28% 3pt
    3 turnovers

    Gave up 17 points per game to Artest

    Kevin Durant vs Artest

    KD35
    25 ppg
    47% FG
    23% 3pt
    3 turnovers

    Gave up 12 points per game to Artest

    Tony Allen vs Kevin Durant

    KD35
    26.5 ppg
    47% FG
    7.3 RPG
    1.4 BPG

    Tony Allen vs Carmelo Anthony (Allen only plays 21 minutes)

    Melo
    24ppg
    44% FG

    Feel free to defend yourself on Kevin Durant being "locked up"
    Your post said nothing.

    Ron Artest and Tony Allen are some of my favorite players in the league, I may be bias towards, but I'll be fair here. They're elite defenders who can lock down ANYONE. Ron Artest has had many moments where he raped Anthony, Durant, and Bryant, his defense has been that good. So once again, your post said nothing.


    You thoughts are limited, offense only. You forget about the different dimensions of basketball and your mind has become childlike and only attracted to the glamour in the game, which is why you even stated Durant has a good head over his shoulders, but Melo's "game" is more advanced.

    Durant is a MVP candidate this season, Melo is not. Two different levers of players, and every Knick fan in here would glady accept Durant over Carmelo.

    You really have to consider doing research on the difference between an A level player and a B+ level player. Durant is the more efficient scorer, and better basketball player overall.

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    According to YOU! Melo has clearly hurt your feelings at some point in your life. Durant and Melo have NEVER been an NBA MVP so what the hell is your point? Melo, James, Durant and Pierce are the cream of the crop at the SF position, AND THEN THERE IS EVERYONE ELSE.

    How often does a Melo or Durant come out of the draft? You figure that out and then realize how elite they both are. I still can't believe you put Melo and Deng on the same level! You ask any NBA analyst who the top 5 SFs in the league are and I guarantee Melo will be named in the top 3.

    Funny thing is, if Melo was on that MIA team last year instead of James they would have won the finals since we all know Melo would have always closed out games like the clutch player he is. Go ahead and deny that.
    Durant has been a MVP candidate the last 3 years.

    Melo is closer to Pierce than he is with Durant. Those are the 2nd tier of SF's, the B+ level SF's who rank up in the top 15-20 players in the NBA.

    Durant and LeBron are top 5 players easily, if there was a NBA draft right now, those guys go 1 and 2. Melo and Pierce do not.

    Do you understand a bit better now? If you're going to stay delusional about this then you're just embarrassing yourself.

    Do your research on Luol Deng.

    Luol Deng's defense is as effective as Carmelo's offense, and Deng's offense is better than Carmelo's defense. Luol Deng is a better overall player than Melo, Melo is just a more creative scorer, DOES NOT MAKE HIM A SUPERIOR PLAYER. Scoring doesn't win championships, if it did...Jerry Stackhouse in his Piston days and Gilbert Arenas in his Washington days would of gotten further with their respective teams.

    I label Luol Deng, Igoudala, Pierce, and Melo all in the same category.

    If you take time to label attributes and see who overall ranks up, you would understand better. I got these guys ranked B - B+, all star caliber players, not really guys you want to put an entire franchise on unless youre highest expectations are getting pass the first round and losing in the semi finals.

    Maybe Deng is better than Pierce, maybe Pierce is better than Dala, maybe Melo is better than Pierce....but by how much? Doesn't make a difference. They're all in the same tier because they all bring equal value to their teams.

    I believe nyk, you have a disadvantage where you've been conditioned to thinking Melo is this God-like being and you can't see anything else besides that, logic is rejected by you.

    and Carmelo in Miami logic is so garbage and such a factless opinionated prediction. Melo is not the franchise player LeBron is, LeBron has so many dominant overall attributes and is by far the best player in the NBA Comparing Melo to LeBron is like comparing Dominique Wilkins to Jason Kidd/Grant Hill/Shawn Kemp hybrid. LBJ is the total package....you're defending a guy who's 41% shooter in the playoffs....Carmelo Anthony ladies and gentlemen.

    Carmelo is a 6"8 230 lb SF/PF who shoots as efficient as Allen Iverson, the 5"11 PG/SG scoring phenom...

    Melo isn't that kind of player to even bring a team to the playoffs.

    LeBron has been to the Finals without all stars and with all stars. Any team that has LeBron is always expected to make the Finals, like how Yankee fans expect a championship every year. With Melo, not much is expected because he's never been in that tier or level and can never be due to the fact LeBron is a freak of nature and the most skilled player in the league. If LeBron never existed, Melo would be up there.

    .419 FG% in the playoffs, Carmelo Anthony.

    Originally Posted by knicksman20
    Chill with the condescending attitude because it's not really needed. The 3 factors I mentioned all account for why Melo was slumping. It shouldn't be any surprise to you he's playing at an MVP type level because he's healthier, & the fact that "coach" D'Antoni is gone. The whole culture of the team has done a complete 180. Those factors can't be ignored in your statisical analysis. He's proving this season he can become a 2 way player which I didn't think he could do. I'm just sitting back & watching the Knicks playing the right way which is refreshing. Current players, coaches, & former NBA tv analysts say Melo is an elite player in this league so I don't understand why you can't take see that.
    Melo can play at an elite level, but for most of the season he didn't

    I understand the coaching situation, Marbury went through it in a more harder way than Melo ever did, but its understandable.

    In Boxing, the fighter takes responsibility and blame for everything.

    In Basketball, its the coach first, the player second. Basketball is soft.

    In Boxing, the trainer doesn't fight for you.

    In Basketball, apparently the coaches misses your shots, doesn't box out, lets guys go by him, isolates and kills ball movement and makes lazy turnovers + terrible shot selection.

    D'Antoni wasn't a fit, but Melo is a professional. Don't treat him like a baby.

    Originally Posted by CA7
    you know what I love about your sig

    NO LIN lmao

    Thats the team I root for


    Without Lin, we wouldn't be a playoff team.

    Good job on exposing yourself as a fake Knick fan, and just a straight up Melosexual. Sad to think about you actually rooting against guys like Lin in hope to see Melo redeem himself for sinking the Knicks into a lottery status in the first half of the season before Lin's magical turn of the Knicks.


    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I absolutely agree. This is my sentiment exactly.

    Guys that are about it play regardless, they don't pick and choose who they will play under. It's a faulty foundation and a questionable character.

    No thanks.

    Enjoy the scoring, Melosexuals, because that's all you're gonna have.
    Thats one thing Melosexuals have a problem with seeing, actually a big thing. They act like Melo can do wrong and is an angel, which is having any logical discussion is mission impossible. They really think Melo is better than LeBron, Durant and is a MVP candidate and the best player since Jordan. How do you converse with someone like that? Seems more logical to punch them in the mouth for the ignorance.


    anyway, go Knicks!


  5. #275
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    As DMX said to NAS in Belly:"here we go again." Only in the basketball bizarro world of KO.COM are hometown superstars like MELO NOT superstars and phonies like STEPH are legends. So now if you are a MELO fan you are a "Melosexual?" How ridiculous is that. Ask ANY NBA analyst and they will tell you MELO is a top five player in this league. ANY. When Melo and Lebron came out of high school they were 1 and 1a. Melo just stopped at Syracuse to win a national championship first. Dumb a** debates like this are why I don't post here much. I lose basketball IQ points here on KO.COM. This is the best team comprised of the most talent since I joined this board. This team has a legit chance to make a run from the 7-8 seed like the 98' team that lost to the Spurs. Anyone that disagrees is too YOUNG and DUMB to REMEMBER what a GOOD KNICKS team looks like.
    Relax there fluff man.

    btw Jamaican chicks give the craziest cabeza and ride the staff very well, had my first experience couple weeks ago but I can't get this chick to stop calling me. You want me to hook you up?

  6. #276
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs down

    Originally Posted by metrocard


    You thoughts are limited, offense only. You forget about the different dimensions of basketball and your mind has become childlike and only attracted to the glamour in the game, which is why you even stated Durant has a good head over his shoulders, but Melo's "game" is more advanced.

    Durant is a MVP candidate this season, Melo is not. Two different levers of players, and every Knick fan in here would glady accept Durant over Carmelo.

    You really have to consider doing research on the difference between an A level player and a B+ level player. Durant is the more efficient scorer, and better basketball player overall.



    Durant has been a MVP candidate the last 3 years.

    Melo is closer to Pierce than he is with Durant. Those are the 2nd tier of SF's, the B+ level SF's who rank up in the top 15-20 players in the NBA.

    Durant and LeBron are top 5 players easily, if there was a NBA draft right now, those guys go 1 and 2. Melo and Pierce do not.

    Do you understand a bit better now? If you're going to stay delusional about this then you're just embarrassing yourself.

    Do your research on Luol Deng.

    Luol Deng's defense is as effective as Carmelo's offense, and Deng's offense is better than Carmelo's defense. Luol Deng is a better overall player than Melo

    I believe nyk, you have a disadvantage where you've been conditioned to thinking Melo is this God-like being and you can't see anything else besides that, logic is rejected by you.

    and Carmelo in Miami logic is so garbage and such a factless opinionated prediction. Melo is not the franchise player LeBron is, LeBron has so many dominant overall attributes and is by far the best player in the NBA Comparing Melo to LeBron is like comparing Dominique Wilkins to Jason Kidd/Grant Hill/Shawn Kemp hybrid. LBJ is the total package....you're defending a guy who's 41% shooter in the playoffs....Carmelo Anthony ladies and gentlemen.

    Carmelo is a 6"8 230 lb SF/PF who shoots as efficient as Allen Iverson, the 5"11 PG/SG scoring phenom...

    Melo isn't that kind of player to even bring a team to the playoffs.

    LeBron has been to the Finals without all stars and with all stars. Any team that has LeBron is always expected to make the Finals, like how Yankee fans expect a championship every year. With Melo, not much is expected because he's never been in that tier or level and can never be due to the fact LeBron is a freak of nature and the most skilled player in the league. If LeBron never existed, Melo would be up there.

    .419 FG% in the playoffs, Carmelo Anthony.



    Melo can play at an elite level, but for most of the season he didn't

    I understand the coaching situation, Marbury went through it in a more harder way than Melo ever did, but its understandable.

    In Boxing, the fighter takes responsibility and blame for everything.

    In Basketball, its the coach first, the player second. Basketball is soft.

    In Boxing, the trainer doesn't fight for you.

    In Basketball, apparently the coaches misses your shots, doesn't box out, lets guys go by him, isolates and kills ball movement and makes lazy turnovers + terrible shot selection.

    D'Antoni wasn't a fit, but Melo is a professional. Don't treat him like a baby.



    Without Lin, we wouldn't be a playoff team.

    Good job on exposing yourself as a fake Knick fan, and just a straight up Melosexual.
    Too many contradictions to be taken seriously. Please re-read and revise. These assertions are both foolish and contradictory on several levels, not to mention devoid of logic and proper (i.e. economic, probability) context.

    All I can say (because I don't feel like pointing out the many inaccuracies) is

    *Teams win championships not players

    *There is ONE Durant and ONE James, and THIRTY teams

    *The ONE Durant and ONE James, have yet to be on a TEAM that has won a chip...go figure

    *Then you went to comparing Melo to Loul Deng; he hasn't played on a championship squad either. With all his defensive skills, Melo hit two game deciding shots on him... those happen sometimes

    *Melo has been here two years (1.5)... we've made the playoffs two years... go figure

    *Then you mention logic, right before you create a fictitious "Kidd-Hill-Kemp" hybrid. Wow.

    *We can all do without the tangents and the honorable D'Antoni mention. Thanks.

    * and the attempt to alienate Melo fans with this Melosexual ****...

    my n!gga thats embarrassing, sad, and desperate all rolled up in one

  7. #277
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    As DMX said to NAS in Belly:"here we go again." Only in the basketball bizarro world of KO.COM are hometown superstars like MELO NOT superstars and phonies like STEPH are legends. So now if you are a MELO fan you are a "Melosexual?" How ridiculous is that. Ask ANY NBA analyst and they will tell you MELO is a top five player in this league. ANY. When Melo and Lebron came out of high school they were 1 and 1a. Melo just stopped at Syracuse to win a national championship first. Dumb a** debates like this are why I don't post here much. I lose basketball IQ points here on KO.COM. This is the best team comprised of the most talent since I joined this board. This team has a legit chance to make a run from the 7-8 seed like the 98' team that lost to the Spurs. Anyone that disagrees is too YOUNG and DUMB to REMEMBER what a GOOD KNICKS team looks like.
    post of the day

    and still this thread for reasons unknown lives

  8. #278
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard

    Without Lin, we wouldn't be a playoff team.

    Good job on exposing yourself as a fake Knick fan, and just a straight up Melosexual. Sad to think about you actually rooting against guys like Lin in hope to see Melo redeem himself for sinking the Knicks into a lottery status in the first half of the season before Lin's magical turn of the Knicks.




    Thats one thing Melosexuals have a problem with seeing, actually a big thing. They act like Melo can do wrong and is an angel, which is having any logical discussion is mission impossible. They really think Melo is better than LeBron, Durant and is a MVP candidate and the best player since Jordan. How do you converse with someone like that? Seems more logical to punch them in the mouth for the ignorance.
    that wasn't my point of the post guys were saying we weren't winning til Lin came but since Woody has taken and Lin has been out we are winning and he isn't gettin all the credit, so are we better without Lin in Woodson's system........maybe its been working but no one is saying that

    I want Lin to succeed but not at the cost of the media proclaiming him the savior, my sig used to read "teams win championships" not Melo not STAT not Lin its all of them coming together

    Its funny anyone on here can say something negative about anyone other than Melo without you havin a bitch fit, maybe you're just like Charles Barkley and just talk bull-**** all day with the hopes of something intelligent coming out of your

    Regardless of what you say I'm true to the O&B and you can call me a Melosexual, cus its obvious your just a lesbi-LIN

  9. #279
    Member tripleaamin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Offensively Melo reminds me of the forward version of Kobe and MJ.

  10. #280
    Member Munchen13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    A guy who thinks that the Bobcats is a playoff team, is obviously a guy who we shouldn't argue with, especially when it comes to a matter that needs no arguing like the Melo case

  11. #281
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Relax there fluff man.

    btw Jamaican chicks give the craziest cabeza and ride the staff very well, had my first experience couple weeks ago but I can't get this chick to stop calling me. You want me to hook you up?
    No need I got them to spare i'll plug u if ever make it to the CHI! U can hav watever u like

  12. #282
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    MELO with another 38 in a Knicks winner! Jus sayin.....

  13. #283
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,021
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Honestly thought this thread was about Glen Rice and Carmelo Anthony until somebody mentioned Glen Rice.

  14. #284
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    It's fun seeing the team win, now that Mike Antoni's gone.

    Mike Woodson coached the team with the same players, and got the Knicks playing .700 basketball.

    Carmelo Anthony is playing like he did in Denver. If he can do this in the playoffs, the Knicks could beat the Heat or Bulls.

  15. #285
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Too many contradictions to be taken seriously. Please re-read and revise. These assertions are both foolish and contradictory on several levels, not to mention devoid of logic and proper (i.e. economic, probability) context.

    All I can say (because I don't feel like pointing out the many inaccuracies) is

    *Teams win championships not players

    *There is ONE Durant and ONE James, and THIRTY teams

    *The ONE Durant and ONE James, have yet to be on a TEAM that has won a chip...go figure

    *Then you went to comparing Melo to Loul Deng; he hasn't played on a championship squad either. With all his defensive skills, Melo hit two game deciding shots on him... those happen sometimes

    *Melo has been here two years (1.5)... we've made the playoffs two years... go figure

    *Then you mention logic, right before you create a fictitious "Kidd-Hill-Kemp" hybrid. Wow.

    *We can all do without the tangents and the honorable D'Antoni mention. Thanks.

    * and the attempt to alienate Melo fans with this Melosexual ****...

    my n!gga thats embarrassing, sad, and desperate all rolled up in one

    Stop using big words you don't know the meaning of and how to place them in statements.
    Team wins championships, thank you captain obvious.
    There is one Kevin Durant and one LeBron James? You don't say? Tell more about about this, because I thought they had twins running around the entire time.

    Go figure? Why don't you figure LeBron has keep most of the team he's been on an elite-championship contending level, can you figure that out or are you still pondering why on earth theres only one LeBron James and so fascinated with your discovery that you decided to share it with us?

    Melo in 9 attempts, has only made it out of the first round once with his teams. May you figure that one out? Its not about how many championships, per say...lets think a little more deeper here. It's about what players ELEVATE their teams level of play to CONTEND. Tyson Chandler elevated the Knicks into a top 5 defensive team in one year. Tim Duncan, Shaq, Malone, Ewing are all big men who elevated their teams into an elite contending level because of the unstoppable forces they were. Elite players elevate their teams.

    Even Melo's scoring and ability to play with his teammates this MONTH has elevated us greatless and we've been scoring without a PG, (which of course has made Lin look weak, where as the difference between me and the Melosexuals is that I actually point out when Lin's stock is low, where as Melosexuals hide in the closet till Melo breaks out and don't even have much to say anyway). Lets give credit where credit is due.

    Peace out.

    Originally Posted by CA7
    that wasn't my point of the post guys were saying we weren't winning til Lin came but since Woody has taken and Lin has been out we are winning and he isn't gettin all the credit, so are we better without Lin in Woodson's system........maybe its been working but no one is saying that

    I want Lin to succeed but not at the cost of the media proclaiming him the savior, my sig used to read "teams win championships" not Melo not STAT not Lin its all of them coming together

    Its funny anyone on here can say something negative about anyone other than Melo without you havin a bitch fit, maybe you're just like Charles Barkley and just talk bull-**** all day with the hopes of something intelligent coming out of your

    Regardless of what you say I'm true to the O&B and you can call me a Melosexual, cus its obvious your just a lesbi-LIN

    You can really much apply this post to yourself, so it really goes no where.

    Good one with the Lesbi-lin.

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  2. Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In
    By c0leworld in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 13:34
  3. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 10:41
  5. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •