Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 21617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Jim, you got me pinned and you're right.

Just one more Melo stat before I go: Anthony played his 50th career playoff game Saturday, a 100-67 massacre at the hands of the Miami Heat. Heading into Monday's Game 2, Anthony now owns a 16-34 career postseason record (.320)—the worst of any player who has appeared in that many postseason games since 1991-92.
    Lets end this thread in peace.

We always got peace Metro. 17-34 after today!!! I think that stat is misleading. A lot of great players get stuck in bad situations. As Jerry Kause stated: organizations win championships. Puljols is in the midst of finding that out lol IDK about Melo'sworkout, but he didn't look gassed in the 4th today. The Melo stat that everyone needs to remember is his clutch gene. Next to Kobe Melo is the best closer in the NBA. And he is ours so I don't get all the hateraid, oh well.... What did u think of the fight last night??? I thought Cotto earned a re-match. I liked seeing money get touched for a change...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Historical preformance by Melo today.

Jim, it was the greatest fight I ever seen in my life, both guys preformed at their highest level, Mayweather will always be the better box, but we have to thank them both for giving us a great show. I was amazed by their ability and technique ... a true mega fight.

Melo is a beast. He's better then Wade. Game 4 win on his back. Perhaps he's finally found that shooting rhythm again and we'll see him knock down more of those open looks.

He gets open against the Miami Heat, one of the best defensive teams EVER. Just being able to get those open looks at the net means he is doing what 99% of the league can not do. If he knocks down half of those open looks we win. Melo just straight up shat all over this thread. Lets see big dog do that.

12th man

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Melo is a beast. He's better then Wade. Game 4 win on his back. Perhaps he's finally found that shooting rhythm again and we'll see him knock down more of those open looks.

He gets open against the Miami Heat, one of the best defensive teams EVER. Just being able to get those open looks at the net means he is doing what 99% of the league can not do. If he knocks down half of those open looks we win. Melo just straight up shat all over this thread. Lets see big dog do that.
    Stop hating on my thread little guy.

12th man

btw Wade > Melo

easily.

Career 26 ppg 6 assist 5 rebounds on 49% shooting with 2 steals and 1 block, Wade is the most efficient guard since Jordan and a top 3 SG of all time.

Melo isn't even in the top 10 all time in his position.

Veteran

Overall Wade is the better player....plus has a ring

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Big Dog balled like he just signed a 13 year $100 million contract

You don't think Melo + prime shaq would get a ring???

Wade's numbers are inflated because he played on a ****ty team as the #1 guy. Melo has always had a decent cast around him, including a number of chuckers that take away from his shots and rhythm. It's apples and oranges because of positioning but in terms of attitude Wade is the Robin and Melo is the Batman.

Melo's 25 ppg 6 reb 3 assist 46% FG + better FT% and 3pt% in context of the teams and positioning puts him on Wades level easily. Wade is the most overrated guard next to Rondo.

Maybe I'm biased cause Melo just put the Knicks on his back for the first playoff win since I was in high school. But Melo is on Wade's level.

Damn Ponder.. you just shat on yourself trying to say Melo is better than Wade.

I know you're hyped but you need to slow down.

Melo is not in Wade class.

Veteran

You don't think Melo + prime shaq would get a ring???

Wade's numbers are inflated because he played on a ****ty team as the #1 guy. Melo has always had a decent cast around him, including a number of chuckers that take away from his shots and rhythm. It's apples and oranges because of positioning but in terms of attitude Wade is the Robin and Melo is the Batman.

Melo's 25 ppg 6 reb 3 assist 46% FG + better FT% and 3pt% in context of the teams and positioning puts him on Wades level easily. Wade is the most overrated guard next to Rondo.

Maybe I'm biased cause Melo just put the Knicks on his back for the first playoff win since I was in high school. But Melo is on Wade's level.

Melo always having a more then decent cast around him should allow him more playoff victories...look what lebron did with Cleveland or Kidd did with the nets.............

Superstar

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Damn Ponder.. you just shat on yourself trying to say Melo is better than Wade.

I know you're hyped but you need to slow down.

Melo is not in Wade class.
    I don't think he's better than wade, but, he's in his class, stop it.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Melo always having a more then decent cast around him should allow him more playoff victories...look what lebron did with Cleveland or Kidd did with the nets.............
    Good point.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    btw Wade > Melo

easily.

Career 26 ppg 6 assist 5 rebounds on 49% shooting with 2 steals and 1 block, Wade is the most efficient guard since Jordan and a top 3 SG of all time.

Melo isn't even in the top 10 all time in his position.
    Wade is not better all time then David West or Drexler.

Why cant we just say Melo was awesome yesterday and leave it at that.
    Why do we have to constantly compare him to other people?

Melo is Melo, Wade is Wade, LeBron is LeBron.

Wade and James arent on this team, neither is Glenn Robinson or anyone else. I could give a sh*t about them

Melo has flaws, everyone knows, hell even he knows.
    BUT he's ours, so I dont know, I dont want to say get over it but..support him?
    whatever you want just stop the comparions!

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Why cant we just say Melo was awesome yesterday and leave it at that.
    Why do we have to constantly compare him to other people?

Melo is Melo, Wade is Wade, LeBron is LeBron.

Wade and James arent on this team, neither is Glenn Robinson or anyone else. I could give a sh*t about them

Melo has flaws, everyone knows, hell even he knows.
    BUT he's ours, so I dont know, I dont want to say get over it but..support him?
    whatever you want just stop the comparions!
    I agree with everything but the bold.

We are fans and are allowed to express our opinion. This board would be pointless if all it was was support. There needs to be some criticism to get a healthy dialogue going.

I don't agree with all the things the pro-Melo people say, I don't agree with everything anti-Melo people say, but we need both in order to have a board where people can actually converse and debate.

Superstar

I think by the end of their careers Melo will have a better career than Wade. Wade is 30 while Melo is 27. Also Wade is a lot more injury proned and it's only gonna get worse as he gets older. Wade's game is based on his athleticism and once he loses that he's gonna struggle to score. Melo has the type of game where he can be effective even once he gets older because he has a post game. Just look at Kobe once he started losing his athleticism he added a post game and that's what allows him to still be effective. That and his excellent footwork. So unless Wade adds a post game and a reliable jumpshot within the next few years there will be a huge decline in his game.