Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Its too much softness; you were a "good" PG but obviously not good enough to adjust. Thats WEAK. If I underachieve in my athletic sport (whether it was baseball, wrestling or boxing) and I can't adjust to a challenge; that just means I lack hard work, preparation and mental toughness. You have to prepare for every situation. Only losers expect their same game can get them through every obstacle. Melo's been overrated and over valued. He's not that GOOD as advertised.

That is dead on:thumbsup:
This video pretty much sums up our 2011-2012 Knicks season in a nutshell!!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Last week it was STAT this week its Melo getting the heat. Next week you guys will call for Lin's head and a week later Tyson.

The roster is just getting settled in and people are still looking to find thier roles, just chill and be patient. Think postive and postive things happen.

In the last 4 games Melo is getting rejected regularly at the rim. Malik Rose never even got rejected this many time and he was a 6'4" power forward.

vs Dallas 3 BA
vs Boston 3 BA
vs Clev 2 BA
vd Miami 5 BA

Count it 13 blocks against.

Why?

jimkcchief88

All Star
No such thing as "TOO MANY SUPERSTARS!" Magic also had Worthy and Kareem. Bird also had Mchale and Walton. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. So why are the "Big Three's" co-existing in Boston and now Miami? Superior coaching is the answer. TWO WORDS: PHIL JACKSON.

metrocard

Legend
No such thing as "TOO MANY SUPERSTARS!" Magic also had Worthy and Kareem. Bird also had Mchale and Walton. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. So why are the "Big Three's" co-existing in Boston and now Miami? Superior coaching is the answer. TWO WORDS: PHIL JACKSON.

A superstar is a top 10 player. Top 15 atleast. Melo, Amare and Chandler don't rank up that high unfortunately.

metrocard

Legend
Just off my head

1. James
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Rose
5. Wade
6. Howard
7. Bryant
8. Love
9. Williams
10. Bynum
11. Griffin
12. Aldridge
13. Westbrook
14. Dirk or Gasol
15. Josh Smith or Iggy Dala

iSaYughh

Starter
A superstar is a top 10 player. Top 15 atleast. Melo, Amare and Chandler don't rank up that high unfortunately.

This post can't be understated.

Because to extremely disturbing degrees, this fan base severely overrated many of our "stars" and "saviors".

For years now...and even at this point in time, there are people who would say Melo is a superior player to Lebron...or that Amare is leaps and bounds better and superior to Bosh, etc etc etc.

munco

Benchwarmer
How do you explain Felton's subpar play in POR?
How do you explain Turkoglu's performance when he was in TOR?
How do explain Brands performance in PHI from LAC?

All these guys went to a different system and never looked comfortable. I respect you as a poster but sometimes you like to act all dumb like you don't understand something just to further your point. That "either you play good or you don't" comment is so weak. Act like you have some basketball sense man.

System's do affect players, but your examples are Raymond Felton, Turkoglu, and Elton Brand. None of those guys are considered stars at this point. Do you think Lebron would be losing and playing terribly on any team?

Melo is a max guy and so he's expected to play great and lead the team to wins. The most disturbing part of his play is that he doesn't seem to play hard on both ends of the floor. If he played D like he did against Lebron we would be in a lot more games. Stars like Kobe and Lebron even when not scoring consistently make big plays and that's what Melo isn't doing.

smokes

Huge Member
This post can't be understated.

Because to extremely disturbing degrees, this fan base severely overrated many of our "stars" and "saviors".

For years now...and even at this point in time, there are people who would say Melo is a superior player to Lebron...or that Amare is leaps and bounds better and superior to Bosh, etc etc etc.

Melo overall <- Lebron
Melo scorer -> Lebron
Amare this year <- Bosh
Amare last year -> Bosh

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo overall <- Lebron
Melo scorer -> Lebron
Amare this year <- Bosh
Amare last year -> Bosh
LOL, look at their career scoring numbers, since the 2008-2009 season Carmelo's outscored by LeBron especially if we're looking at their FG%.

smokes

Huge Member
LOL, look at their career scoring numbers, since the 2008-2009 season Carmelo's outscored by LeBron especially if we're looking at their FG%.

As a purely offensive player Carmelo is better than Lebron, or was, prior to this season. Melo could post, midrange, shoot the 3, before Lebron started becoming really consistent with those parts of his game.

This season, Lebron is just a monster.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Ok this is a definition difference. I know there are only so many true "superstars" in the league, so I guess I am talking about "all-stars." In other words, guys that can make all-conference in any given season. For example, Tyson Chandler is not a superstar, but is can be all-conference defense in any given season.

metrocard

Legend
Melo is a top 5 player

LeBron
Howard
Paul
Wade
Bryant
Rose
Durant
Love
Westbrook
Gasol
Williams
Dirk
Bynum
Steve Nash (two time MVP and is still one of the best PG's in the NBA)

Melo isn't even the best player on the Knicks, that would be Tyson Chandler. Most Knick fans would take Chandler over Melo every day.

metrocard

Legend
Before you talk about Melo being a top 5-10 player, you have to try to figure out an argument on how Melo > Paul Pierce

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
Your gonna sit here and tell me that Westbrook is better than Carmelo Anthony?
Metro buddy, what the f*ck is wrong with you?

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
Paul Pierce had Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to aide him to that championship.
If Melo was in his place he would have won that trophy too and then again the second when the Celtics couldnt.

KOBE SAID IT HIMSELF, YOU CANNOT GUARD CARMELO ANTHONY.

metrocard

Legend
No way u expect me to dignify that list with a response

I didn't because I know you wouldn't have an argument that would include logic.

Your gonna sit here and tell me that Westbrook is better than Carmelo Anthony?
Metro buddy, what the f*ck is wrong with you?

Westbrook is a dynamic combo guard who can play on both ends of the floor, a scoring machine and menace on defense. His jumpshot is improving also.

Russell is a 25/5/5 player with very good defense. Melo is a 22/6/3 player with lazy defense.

Westbrook wins.