Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101125 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 388

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

  1. #61
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Paul Pierce had Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to aide him to that championship.
    If Melo was in his place he would have won that trophy too and then again the second when the Celtics couldnt.

    KOBE SAID IT HIMSELF, YOU CANNOT GUARD CARMELO ANTHONY.
    Pierce before KG and Ray was one of the most prolific scorers in the NBA. We're talking about a guy who's been a 25+ scorer for a good 7 years. We're not talking about championships. Paul Pierce's career > Melo. I'm talking about production and consistency.

    and Kobe lied, because a lot of people guarded Carmelo, especially this season where he's the lowest in shooting percentage amongst elite scorers in the NBA. Even Westbrook shoots higher than Melo.

    Pierce always been a better defender than Melo, they're both pretty equal in passing and rebounding.

  2. #62
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Metro, your a joke bro.

  3. #63
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I didn't because I know you wouldn't have an argument that would include logic.
    You're right bro saying Melo is the new Glenn Robinson is a lot more logical then thinking he's better than anybody on that list

  4. #64
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Metro, your a joke bro.
    Great argument, pat yourself on the back there.

    Why do you get mad if I'm not sucking Melo? Atleast be real and say you're just being a groupie if you have nothing insightful to add.

    If you mancrush Melo, admit it. If not, shut the f*ck up. Don't get a fit if I won't agree with your sillyness.
    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    You're right bro saying Melo is the new Glenn Robinson is a lot more logical then thinking he's better than anybody on that list
    Glen Robinson and Carmelo have indentical stats, style of play, similar in size and athleticism.

    Do your research.

  5. #65
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Great argument, pat yourself on the back there.

    Why do you get mad if I'm not sucking Melo? Atleast be real and say you're just being a groupie if you have nothing insightful to add.

    If you mancrush Melo, admit it. If not, shut the f*ck up. Don't get a fit if I won't agree with your sillyness.

    Glen Robinson and Carmelo have indentical stats, style of play, similar in size and athleticism.

    Do your research.
    Your so insightful proving people wrong with your facts on an online message board where this obviously indicates what happens in our lives.

    I do apologize I've wasted my life praying and worshiping god when truly you are the real prophet.

    I beg of your online forgiveness for I will not be able to sleep tonight and enjoy the rest of my life without it.

  6. #66
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Your so insightful proving people wrong with your facts on an online message board where this obviously indicates what happens in our lives.

    I do apologize I've wasted my life praying and worshiping god when truly you are the real prophet.

    I beg of your online forgiveness for I will not be able to sleep tonight and enjoy the rest of my life without it.
    I am pretty insightful, thanks.

  7. #67
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


  8. #68
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    This isn't exactly breaking news, but Carmelo Anthony is pretty clutch.

    Anyone who saw the Knicks overtime win against Chicago on Sunday afternoon can tell you that. Anthony hit a game-tying three-pointer with 11 seconds to go in regulation and a game-winning 3-pointer with 8 seconds left in overtime to beat the Bulls.

    It was Anthony's signature moment as a Knick; he ranked the shots as one of the top moments in a career full of clutch buckets.

    And he's had more than his fair share.

    Among players that have taken at least 20 field goal attempts in game-tying or game-winning situations in the last 15 seconds of the 4th quarter or overtime in the past 10 years, Anthony ranks first in field-goal percentage (46.2), according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He has made 24 of 52.

    His 24 field goals are second to Kobe Bryant's 26. But Bryant is shooting 30.2 percent in 'clutch' situations (26-86).

    Need more evidence that Anthony is clutch?

    He's shooting 46.7 percent on game-tying or go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of regulation or overtime. The only player with a higher career shooting percentage in such situations over the past 16 seasons? Shawn Marion, who has shot 47.4 percent in crunch time.

    Anthony's game-winning three-pointer was somewhat of a rarity. It was the second time he's won a game with a three-pointer in the final 30 seconds of a game but just the fourth time he's done so in his eight-year career. So most of his clutch shots have come inside the arc.

    Also, Anthony is the fifth player in the last five seasons to make a game-tying shot in the last 15 seconds of regulation and a game-winner in the last 15 seconds of OT. Dirk Nowitzki last did it in 2009.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Real Robinson like

  9. #69
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He's clutch, shout out to him for that.

    So was Jamal Crawford.

    Melo isn't top 15 though, don't even think about top 5. |

    Needs to increase his shooting accuracy, rebound and pass a little more and play more solid defense.

    He's CLOSE to top 15 but he's been slacking.

  10. #70
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    He's clutch, shout out to him for that.

    So was Jamal Crawford.

    Melo isn't top 15 though, don't even think about top 5. |

    Needs to increase his shooting accuracy, rebound and pass a little more and play more solid defense.

    He's CLOSE to top 15 but he's been slacking.

    Metro I usually agree with many of the things you say but this is outrageous. Not top 15? If the Knicks put Melo on the trading block, you'd see thirty teams give a call to see whats up.

  11. #71
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Metro I usually agree with many of the things you say but this is outrageous. Not top 15? If the Knicks put Melo on the trading block, you'd see thirty teams give a call to see whats up.
    If you don't look at defense, then Melo is a top 15 player.

    If you do, then he isn't. Alot of two way players in the league who rank up ahead of Carmelo.

  12. #72
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    If you don't look at defense, then Melo is a top 15 player.

    If you do, then he isn't. Alot of two way players in the league who rank up ahead of Carmelo.
    I envision you stroking Melo's Dick within 3 years

  13. #73
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This is like comparing Brandon Jennings to Rondo

    Or Jamal Crawford to Sprewell

    Or Curry to Shaq

    Sure they play the same postion and statisitically they are similar (Melo's career numbers are better though) and athletically they are similar (although Melo is more athletic)

    Melo is more vesitile in being able to play both SF and PF, Glen Robinson would go no where near the block, he and Vin Baker made up the softest frontcourt in league history (Chris Weber actually said as much!!!).

    Glen Robinson was a secondary player like Jamison, John Salmons or Rip Hamilton....Melo is a bonafied game changer

    Glen Robinson got asked not to go to the Olympics after being selected when we coasted to gold medals with every group we through out there, Melo was one of the most valuable players on the 2008 team

    The most accurate comparison to Melo is Bernard King!

    Al Harrington is a player who you could compare Glen Robinson to!!!

  14. #74
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Don't argue with Metro he's a Melo hater he won't even accept that Kobe, Bruce Browen, Lebron, and a few other ppl say Melo's the hardest or one of the hardest players to guard in the league.

  15. #75
    Member theknicks3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    What a wank fest the last few pages have been. There's a reason why so few peple sty posting on this forum for extended periods of time.

    Purely offensively, Melo is a top 5 player. Other than Kobe, maybe Wade you want the ball in his hands.

    Watch Melo lead this team into the seventh seed.

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  2. Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In
    By c0leworld in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 13:34
  3. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 10:41
  5. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •