Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 102425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Spurs 8:30 PM ET

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    I understand they were watching Parker just hit lay up after lay up BUT whoever was defending Parker should be ashamed of themselves

for you to blame STAT and Melo for Parker scoring and not his defender shows you're just being a btich towards them

either blame the team, the coach or whoever he had
    Of course I blame the Knicks.....
    But I promise you this......
    if OKC fails...people blame Durant/Westbrook
    Lakers..Kobe/Bynum/Pao
    Heat.....Lebron/Wade....

STAT and melo need to lead this team.......Why you are s blinded by your boy Melo I just do not get........if he is as good as you think then why does he not take the leadership on this team and lead by example....

We have seen Melo step up his game in rebounding and defense in the playoffs so we know he is capable....the question is his lack of motivation each night on BOTH ends of the floor is scary ?????

YES DURANT PLAYS DEFENSE.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    So now we are blaming Melo because the pixie dust has worn off on the D Leaguer
    I think all we want is DEFENSE from Melo and Stat every game with the same intensity we had when both players were out for our 7 game streak....

I think everyone can accept losing.........its the way we lose......
    There are times our guys just do not look like they are playing hard....
    Lin, Chandler, Shump, Fields, Jeffires, Davis, Novak, all look like they are playing hard the entire game......problem is they do not have even close to the skiils and talents Melo and Stat have....

We need MELO and STAT to play as if every game is a playoff game....is that too much to ask ?

remember when Baron Davis said last weeks the Knicks will win a title this year and since then theres been nothing but losses

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I honestly think our team would be better without them. They don't play defense, on average they commit a combined 30+ forced shots a game and they are both NOT team players... They only care about stats.

A good coach would sit Stat after seeing him NOT hustle and a good coach wouldn't let them go ISO all game when he already saw how good this team can be when they play as a team and move the ball. I used to be excited for Knicks games, now I dread them. Thanks Stat and Melo!
    Why would you want to see those guys dismissed before at least seeing how things look with a new coach at the helm? I know they're having subpar seasons but we can all agree that this team is currently underachieving.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Why would you want to see those guys dismissed before at least seeing how things look with a new coach at the helm? I know they're having subpar seasons but we can all agree that this team is currently underachieving.
    Yeah. Melo has skills that didn't go away. His game is not based on athleticism. Amar'e's game relies a lot on athleticism, but he looked very good against Dallas, so he might have not lost much athleticism if any at all, it could have been the weight.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    It's not about Linsanity, in fact Lintendo had a decent game offensively. It's about team effort and defense. With both Amare and Carmelo we're not a team, we're a bunch of individual celebrities who care only about their paychecks. Offensively we didn't look that bad, but there was no team work and no defense. We're struggling since Amare's back and we're losing since Carmelo rejoined the squad. Jeffries and Shumpert started getting less minutes, which turns directly into less effort on the defensive end. Last night we played without both Jeffries and Chandler, no wonder we allowed Parker to score 32 points out of 63%, no wonder Ginobli barely missed shots and no wonder Neal could hit a couple of threes over 6'11 Amare "I-was-never-taught-defense" Stoudemire.
    Geez man is there any point at which your will decide it neccessary to make a coaching change? You complain about a million things but seem to dismiss the one person that should be able to put this all together. Sorry, but if you want to see changes then its gonna be by a new coach. Amare and Melo aren't going anywhere before that happens.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I am sure Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Garnett and many others need a COACH to tell them to play defense ?????

Melo and Stat are paid 20 million dollars and consider then elite players...

They need to be told to play defense ??????

They need to be benched until they do....

Its so embarassing watching guys just run in for lay-ups.....Melo and Stat look like that supposed to happen.....
    Knicks only have 3 good individual defenders (Shump, JJ and TC).
    You can't keep yelling about Amare and Melo like their the only guys out there. The TEAM sucked last night on the defensive end... TEAM.

Hire a coach that has the ability to make in-game adjustments. Really, all Antoni had to do was copy what Pop was having his team do to Lin when he attacked the basket, but I guess Antoni couldn't understand how to implement it.

Geez man is there any point at which your will decide it neccessary to make a coaching change? You complain about a million things but seem to dismiss the one person that should be able to put this all together. Sorry, but if you want to see changes then its gonna be by a new coach. Amare and Melo aren't going anywhere before that happens.
    I've been talking about getting rid of Dante since I joined this board... just don't need to point it out after every game, because everybody knows it.

Veteran

You can't keep yelling about Amare and Melo like their the only guys out there. The TEAM sucked last night on the defensive end... TEAM.

Hire a coach that has the ability to make in-game adjustments. Really, all Antoni had to do was copy what Pop was having his team do to Lin when he attacked the basket, but I guess Antoni couldn't understand how to implement it.
    They get paid 20 million a year so I take that into consideration.
    How does a coach adjust when his 2 stars do not play hustle defense ?

I guess if Dantonio had some Balls he can bench them until he sees the hustle that we had from when they were both out.

The bigger question is IF Stat and Melo are not mentally capable at playing defense then good luck to any coach who tries to bench them because DOLAN wont allow it unless,,,,,,,,,,,Mr Phil Jackson comes in.......

Originally Posted by skisloper
    They get paid 20 million a year so I take that into consideration.
    How does a coach adjust when his 2 stars do not play hustle defense ?

I guess if Dantonio had some Balls he can bench them until he sees the hustle that we had from when they were both out.

The bigger question is IF Stat and Melo are not mentally capable at playing defense then good luck to any coach who tries to bench them because DOLAN wont allow it unless,,,,,,,,,,,Mr Phil Jackson comes in.......
    Once again you relate everything to two players, SMH. What does having subpar defending stars have to do with the ability to adjust??? They could easily be anyone on the court. The only difference is their league status.

You're basically saying if the star players don't defend then the coach can't adjust. So if it were just Fields or Lin that played bad defense would it make it any different? Your logic is confusing.

While everyone points to the offense and Lin playing amazing during Linsanity, the biggest difference has been the defense or lack there of it now.

Carmelo had a strong offensive game last night but at times I thought he was asleep on defense. The most disappointing thing with the Knicks lately is the energy and effort seem to be at the levels of Pre-Linsanity. Even if they lose but play their butts off you wouldn't have the outrage you see now. During the winning streak it seemed like we were out hustling teams and during this losing streak we're not.

Once again you relate everything to two players, SMH. What does having subpar defending stars have to do with the ability to adjust??? They could easily be anyone on the court. The only difference is their league status.

You're basically saying if the star players don't defend then the coach can't adjust. So if it were just Fields or Lin that played bad defense would it make it any different? Your logic is confusing.
    When you win the stars get the credit. When you lose the stars get the blame. That's just how things work.

I'm not a fan of D'Antoni but how's he going to get Carmelo to play smarter on defense and show some life on the defensive end? He could bench him, but you can't really bench your max player and expect to have a job either.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Yea, Parker has done to that everyone in the NBA in the last decade...pointless post.

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    So now we are blaming Melo because the pixie dust has worn off on the D Leaguer

A bulk of the salary is paid to Melo and Amare.

The D-Leaguer is paid 6000 a game and goes 8-14, Consistently putting up points.

The guy getting paid 270,000 a game, goes 7-17. Misses all his important free throws at end, invisible on defense and rebounds.

Did you not watch the bucks blow past Melo and Stat over and over and over and over. and over?