vs. Tim Duncan
3173.jpg

By SANTOSH VENKATARAMAN, STATS Senior Writer
Mar 7, 1:50 am EST
Tipoff: 8:30 pm EST Wed Mar 7, 2012
tweet3
Email
Print
Jeremy Lin seems to be slowing down for the New York Knicks, and he?s got an elite point guard gearing up to face him next in Tony Parker.

Lin will try to help the Knicks end their eight-game road losing streak against Parker and the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday night.

Lin had 14 points for the second straight defeat Tuesday, making 4 of 13 shots in a 95-85 loss at Dallas.

New York (18-20) has lost three straight on the road, with Lin averaging 12.0 points on 27.5 percent shooting with totals of 15 assists and 16 turnovers in those games.

The Knicks rallied from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter to take the lead Tuesday - with Lin on the bench for that stretch - before the Mavericks closed on an 18-7 run.

?We made a run with our second team,? Lin said. ?We couldn?t close this game out and they obviously did a great job of getting defensive stops.?

Parker is eager to see what he can do against the NBA?s newest sensation as San Antonio (25-12) tries to avoid its first home loss to New York since a 105-97 defeat March 18, 2003.

?Tomorrow?s game is important and my matchup against Lin is going to be a good one,? Parker said. ?He?s been playing well for them. Like I said before, it?s a great story and hopefully he can maintain that level.?

While the point guard matchup will be one to watch, New York would also like to see Carmelo Anthony get untracked. The All-Star forward is averaging 16.3 points on 38.5 percent shooting in six games starting alongside Lin since returning from a groin injury, making 2 of 12 shots for six points Tuesday.

?We?re out of sync sometimes,? coach Mike D?Antoni said. ?It?s harder to get everybody in there and out of there, get ?em in their rhythms, get roles defined.?

Anthony is facing the Spurs for the first time with New York. His scoring averages of 20.3 points against the Spurs and 18.8 in San Antonio are his lowest against any Western Conference foe.

Amare Stoudemire seems to be adjusting better, scoring 26 points Tuesday to match his highest total with Lin as a starter.

The Spurs have dropped two of three to begin this seven-game homestand. Parker scored 25 points in Sunday?s 99-94 loss to Denver while Manu Ginobili had eight in his first game back after missing five with a strained oblique.

?You bring players back, your rhythm changes, the dynamic changes, people have to get back to what roles they had before,? coach Gregg Popovich said. ?Any team that goes through that needs a little time. New York?s done the same thing with Stoudemire and Carmelo coming back.?

Knicks forward Steve Novak can reach double digits in points for a career-high sixth straight game Wednesday after averaging 14.6 in his previous five. Novak shot 54.8 percent on 3-pointers in 23 games with the Spurs last season.

?Nobody?s more thrilled for Steve than we are,? Popovich said. ?He was wonderful in our program and it?s great to see him have this place and opportunity in Mike?s system to play the way he?s played.?

INJURY REPORT

Out: Bill Walker
Jared Jefferies
Tyson Chandler

image.jpg

The Metrocard Swipe : Spurs are the best prepared team in the league. We're the worst.

Match up of the game:

99068_Knicks_Spurs_Basketball.jpg

Amare versus Blair and Duncan. Can Amare go back to Suns playoff form and dominate Duncan? Can we hope? Heres a flash back.

Incase you guys didn't know, I hate RJ as much as I hate Isiah; heres a shoutout to a terrible game by RJ; hoping Fields dunks on RJ and breaks his shoulder in the process.

69427_166998566660382_100000507204512_496283_5976007_n.jpg

Enjoy these mamis.
A6lUx.jpg
tumblr_lwew8bGuB31qf6rrdo1_500.jpg
LJj5g.gif

Go Knicks!
120197_Mavericks_Knicks_Basketball.jpg

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That second girl pic is ****ing hot.

I saw the video of that gif. She gets naked and stuff.

Looking forward to this one more than usual. You can never expect an easy game against the Spurs.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
:thup: Nice gamethread

Lmao@ Jefferson picture

:jawsdown: @ those A$$es

Gotta drop some Rep for those donkz

repped_gif_11060924.gif

i'd usually have something positive to say, but F that 2 straight losses, we need a win and i dont care how we get it, but we just need to get it nuff said. :evil:

:gony:

smokes

Huge Member
Is this the first metro GT? First in my memory.

Loving the ass in the blue dress :hump:

Kiyaman

Legend

That was a question that needed no answers.....great-thread we always had problems
putting-up the end of back to back game thread....luvin the bouncin boooties....
my wife been callin me a booty-man for 20 years.

How did we lose to a 4th quarter fatique Mavs team last night? when "STOPS"
was all we needed to WIN.
We were doing great with Jorts/Stat/Novak/Shump/Bdiddy at the start of the
4th quarter....all we had to do for the WIN was add Jefferies & Tyson to replace Jorts & Stat.
Two straight road games where Jared Jefferies was denied playingtime in the
4th quarter....I been saying for years that Jefferies is a player u give playingtime
to in the 2nd half of the game.

We had the Mavs game by using 11 players in our rotation compared to the
Mavs 9 player rotation who had to run with OKC the night before....Rick Carlisle
had to call two timeouts early in the 4th quarter which meant we had them
on their last legs.

Tyson Chandler, Jefferies, and Shump is our best defensive "TRIO"
that co-exist like champions on the defensive-end of the court.

fender0577

Rotation player
Nice thread Metro, that was foul what u did to Melo, in the starting lineup, LMAO.He hasn't been that bad, man, with that being said, we need to get Melo's confidence back, he looks lost out there, like STAT did(before last night).We should try to get him going early, and keep finding STAT close to the hoop like last night, and LIN needs to look for them a little more, because without these 2, playing well togethe, we have no chance to do anything this year.just my :2cents::gony:

skisloper

Starter
That was a question that needed no answers.....great-thread we always had problems
putting-up the end of back to back game thread....luvin the bouncin boooties....
my wife been callin me a booty-man for 20 years.

How did we lose to a 4th quarter fatique Mavs team last night? when "STOPS"
was all we needed to WIN.
We were doing great with Jorts/Stat/Novak/Shump/Bdiddy at the start of the
4th quarter....all we had to do for the WIN was add Jefferies & Tyson to replace Jorts & Stat.
Two straight road games where Jared Jefferies was denied playingtime in the
4th quarter....I been saying for years that Jefferies is a player u give playingtime
to in the 2nd half of the game.

We had the Mavs game by using 11 players in our rotation compared to the
Mavs 9 player rotation who had to run with OKC the night before....Rick Carlisle
had to call two timeouts early in the 4th quarter which meant we had them
on their last legs.

Tyson Chandler, Jefferies, and Shump is our best defensive "TRIO"
that co-exist like champions on the defensive-end of the court.

jeffires was out the 2nd half with a hurt right knee....

tiger0330

Legend
Just looking at the matchups in the thread you would think the Knicks would have a lock on the game but the Spurs are overachieving and the Knicks are underachieving, 2 games under .500 is an embarrassment with this roster and payroll.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
If only games are won on paper, Knicks would be running away with the Atlantic division.

How's a team with one star player (Parker) doing so much better than our fully loaded lineup? SMH. We will probably get killed tonight with Duncan leading the way dropping 30 points and 18 rebounds.

Will we see the real Melo tonight?

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Nice thread, Metro. Much thanks for the rump-shakers!!!
We need a W like I need one of those dimes to straddle my face and wear her like B-Diddy's beard.

red32

Benchwarmer
Just looking at the matchups in the thread you would think the Knicks would have a lock on the game but the Spurs are overachieving and the Knicks are underachieving, 2 games under .500 is an embarrassment with this roster and payroll.

Totally agree.

The thing is that Knicks should've won the last 2 games. Leading by 3 at the end of 4th @Boston but couldn't walk away with a win hurts, and came all the way back up 1 and just then just simply disappeared sucks! We had the chance but came up short. I'm afraid that this would happen for the rest of the road trip.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Who 1 starred the GT? :lol:

No doubt I'll get blamed, but I think it's quite good!

I'm getting out my Crazy Crystal Ball here, and prognosticating an absolute whooping for the Knicks.

If Melo has another shocker, there will be drama the likes of which Melrose Place could never dare to emulate.

I want him to do well so badly, but I think a bit of national exposure about what's happened to the Knicks since Me-lo arrived is just the intervention needed if he doesn't pick up the slack.