First of all: New Coach!

Then

1. Unit: Chandler, Jeffries, Melo, Shump, Lin
well balanced team.
Rebounds: Chandler, Jeffries, Melo
Steals: Shump, Lin
Speed: Melo, Shump, Lin
Offense: Melo, Lin, Chandler, Shump

There is enough offensive and defensive potential!

And this team is better than many other second teams.
2. Unit: Amare, Novak, Fields, JR, Baron

KingofNy

Starter
Since we're re-quoting ourselves I guess I'll follow suite.

WE NEED A NEW COACH ASAP...

We need Phil Jackson bad. This group of guys need structure and play calls. MDA's offense is built for a squad of 3 pt shooters. Problem is we only have ONE real 3 pt threat. I agree, fire MDA!

metrocard

Legend
fa4zlk.jpg

munco

Benchwarmer

I'm not sure if it's fair to blame Melo, but Linsanity is dead right now.

What happened to the team energy and effort? Guys seemed to be asleep at times tonight and the effort especially on the defensive end was gone. Losing to the Spurs on the road will happen, but the effort for most of the game was terrible. During Linsanity everyone that played seemed to be playing their heart out and now the effort just isn't there.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Missed this game see that the Knicks lost again not surprised. Did Melo have another bad game? Did Lin look comfortable out there tonight?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's not about Linsanity, in fact Lintendo had a decent game offensively. It's about team effort and defense. With both Amare and Carmelo we're not a team, we're a bunch of individual celebrities who care only about their paychecks. Offensively we didn't look that bad, but there was no team work and no defense. We're struggling since Amare's back and we're losing since Carmelo rejoined the squad. Jeffries and Shumpert started getting less minutes, which turns directly into less effort on the defensive end. Last night we played without both Jeffries and Chandler, no wonder we allowed Parker to score 32 points out of 63%, no wonder Ginobli barely missed shots and no wonder Neal could hit a couple of threes over 6'11 Amare "I-was-never-taught-defense" Stoudemire.

skisloper

Starter
Wizards beat the Lakers........their fans are fine

Thunder getting raped the Nashes(Suns)........still have support from their fan base

Knicks losing the a legit Western Conference power house while missing Chandler and Jeffries................Melo sucks

lmao guys calm down

ITS THE WAY WE LOSE!!!!!
LACK OF EFFORT.......
U say you have been following Melo for years,,,does he always pick and choose his times to play defense and Box-out ?

Maybe its me but that should be for the full game..........

skisloper

Starter
well if we had a coach who made them play D they would

I am sure Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Garnett and many others need a COACH to tell them to play defense ?????

Melo and Stat are paid 20 million dollars and consider then elite players...

They need to be told to play defense ??????

They need to be benched until they do....

Its so embarassing watching guys just run in for lay-ups.....Melo and Stat look like that supposed to happen.....

miked1958

Rotation player
Boy I wish denver took Fields instead of Gallo

you don't follow Knicks right? Jeffries is hurt ..
and you gonna put Fields in as starter ? smh

Pipedream...

Anyway our problems for the most part started when Melo came back... Not a good Win/loss Record with Melo and Lin together. Don't know the actual stats but record is terrible with Melo in there and was great while he and others were out. Coincidence? Well take a look back prior to Lin when Melo and others were there prior to getting hurt.. They are the ones that got us in the huge HOLE way under .500 that Lin and the reserves helped climb out of going on the 2.5 week tear.

Boy glad things are back to normal and we got all our high priced key players back

miked1958

Rotation player
Sometimes I wonder how much better off we would be if we didn't go out and waste all those millions on high priced high profile players. I think in long run if we kept the players we drafted and cultivated them over time.... Lee, Gallo, now Lin and kept Wilson and Felton. Would we be any worse then we are now?? I don't think so

CA7

Scoring Champ
I am sure Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Garnett and many others need a COACH to tell them to play defense ?????

Melo and Stat are paid 20 million dollars and consider then elite players...

They need to be told to play defense ??????

They need to be benched until they do....

Its so embarassing watching guys just run in for lay-ups.....Melo and Stat look like that supposed to happen.....

Durant does not play any............I mean any defense

CA7

Scoring Champ
ITS THE WAY WE LOSE!!!!!
LACK OF EFFORT.......
U say you have been following Melo for years,,,does he always pick and choose his times to play defense and Box-out ?

Maybe its me but that should be for the full game..........

I understand they were watching Parker just hit lay up after lay up BUT whoever was defending Parker should be ashamed of themselves

for you to blame STAT and Melo for Parker scoring and not his defender shows you're just being a btich towards them

either blame the team, the coach or whoever he had

skisloper

Starter
I understand they were watching Parker just hit lay up after lay up BUT whoever was defending Parker should be ashamed of themselves

for you to blame STAT and Melo for Parker scoring and not his defender shows you're just being a btich towards them

either blame the team, the coach or whoever he had

Of course I blame the Knicks.....
But I promise you this......
if OKC fails...people blame Durant/Westbrook
Lakers..Kobe/Bynum/Pao
Heat.....Lebron/Wade....

STAT and melo need to lead this team.......Why you are s blinded by your boy Melo I just do not get........if he is as good as you think then why does he not take the leadership on this team and lead by example....

We have seen Melo step up his game in rebounding and defense in the playoffs so we know he is capable....the question is his lack of motivation each night on BOTH ends of the floor is scary ?????

YES DURANT PLAYS DEFENSE.

skisloper

Starter
So now we are blaming Melo because the pixie dust has worn off on the D Leaguer

I think all we want is DEFENSE from Melo and Stat every game with the same intensity we had when both players were out for our 7 game streak....

I think everyone can accept losing.........its the way we lose......
There are times our guys just do not look like they are playing hard....
Lin, Chandler, Shump, Fields, Jeffires, Davis, Novak, all look like they are playing hard the entire game......problem is they do not have even close to the skiils and talents Melo and Stat have....

We need MELO and STAT to play as if every game is a playoff game....is that too much to ask ?

quiggle

Starter
remember when Baron Davis said last weeks the Knicks will win a title this year and since then theres been nothing but losses

nyk_nyk

All Star
I honestly think our team would be better without them. They don't play defense, on average they commit a combined 30+ forced shots a game and they are both NOT team players... They only care about stats.

A good coach would sit Stat after seeing him NOT hustle and a good coach wouldn't let them go ISO all game when he already saw how good this team can be when they play as a team and move the ball. I used to be excited for Knicks games, now I dread them. Thanks Stat and Melo!

Why would you want to see those guys dismissed before at least seeing how things look with a new coach at the helm? I know they're having subpar seasons but we can all agree that this team is currently underachieving.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Why would you want to see those guys dismissed before at least seeing how things look with a new coach at the helm? I know they're having subpar seasons but we can all agree that this team is currently underachieving.
Yeah. Melo has skills that didn't go away. His game is not based on athleticism. Amar'e's game relies a lot on athleticism, but he looked very good against Dallas, so he might have not lost much athleticism if any at all, it could have been the weight.