Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567822 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Spurs 8:30 PM ET

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Just looking at the matchups in the thread you would think the Knicks would have a lock on the game but the Spurs are overachieving and the Knicks are underachieving, 2 games under .500 is an embarrassment with this roster and payroll.
    Totally agree.

The thing is that Knicks should've won the last 2 games. Leading by 3 at the end of 4th @Boston but couldn't walk away with a win hurts, and came all the way back up 1 and just then just simply disappeared sucks! We had the chance but came up short. I'm afraid that this would happen for the rest of the road trip.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Congrats to me for hitting 7,000 post!

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Is Shump starting tonight?
    Rumored to be the case...looks like he is.
    Also, Jorts is starting in place of Tyson.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by unloopme; Mar 07, 2012 at 18:20.

Who 1 starred the GT?

Originally Posted by smokes
    Who 1 starred the GT?
    No doubt I'll get blamed, but I think it's quite good!

I'm getting out my Crazy Crystal Ball here, and prognosticating an absolute whooping for the Knicks.

If Melo has another shocker, there will be drama the likes of which Melrose Place could never dare to emulate.

I want him to do well so badly, but I think a bit of national exposure about what's happened to the Knicks since Me-lo arrived is just the intervention needed if he doesn't pick up the slack.

Superstar

Chandler and Jeffries being out is gonna hurt us a lot today. Especially since Jorts is still rusty but at least Iman is starting

Mello must have a blinder this game. He must turn it around starting NOW...

If he has any pride, he will come out and have a big one tonight and get things back on track

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Chandler is our MVP and not having him and Jeffries tonight really hurts us defensively. But this may be a blessing in disguise. It Means we will see Amare more in the pick and roll which he is barely doing cause Chandler is the main screener for Lin. Also, Stat will see more minutes at center, which will allow him to beat his defender off the dribble easier. A tighter 9 man rotation may help the guys reach a good flow faster and stay in tune longer. Fields off the bench is tough to gauge cause Novak and JR should be getting most of the minutes behind Melo and Shump.

I would like to go random with a Amare, Novak, Smith, Lin and BD look when Duncan is taking a breather, cause this IMO would yield surprising results on the plus side... Defenses are not scouting or preparing for such a combo.

Originally Posted by red32
    Totally agree.

The thing is that Knicks should've won the last 2 games. Leading by 3 at the end of 4th @Boston but couldn't walk away with a win hurts, and came all the way back up 1 and just then just simply disappeared sucks! We had the chance but came up short. I'm afraid that this would happen for the rest of the road trip.
    As a few have noted, yes, it's nothing short of a disgrace to have a losing record, and after so far playing an easy schedule. And, would this team have a Nets type record if not for Lin's week or so magic getting a 7 game win streak.

Melo, Amare, Tyson, Lin, healthy Baron, J.R., Shump, Fields, etc., so how could any coach explain away a losing record with this talent.

I have to imagine Melo, Amare, Tyson are fed up with D'antoni's poor judgement & decisions.

If I was the coach I would swallow my pride and ask Clyde Frazier to work with Lin. The kid plays his heart out and as far as I can see gets no professional NBA level teaching.

no Chandler or Jeffries, essentially 3 rookies starting damn and we dont have Jerome Jordan..............damn you C'ANToni

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I updated the thread.

Originally Posted by CA7
    no Chandler or Jeffries, essentially 3 rookies starting damn and we dont have Jerome Jordan..............damn you C'ANToni
    STAT should have a nice game with Chandler out. Court nice and spaced, no center to bring his man down low and clog the paint...we should see the STAT of last year. The question is, will his explosiveness be there as much as it was last night? If so, he better come thru.

If not...

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    STAT should have a nice game with Chandler out. Court nice and spaced, no center to bring his man down low and clog the paint...we should see the STAT of last year. The question is, will his explosiveness be there as much as it was last night? If so, he better come thru.

If not...
    yeah Jorts playing on the perimeter setting screens letting STAT work, also better spacing should help Melo out when attacking, Spurs have a very nonathletic frontcourt we should exploit

predictions

Stoudemire 25 and 12

Anthony 24, 9 and 7

big games from our big guns

Calling it now Melo is going off tonight. 35 points atleast tonight. Lets go!!

Originally Posted by CA7
    yeah Jorts playing on the perimeter setting screens letting STAT work, also better spacing should help Melo out when attacking, Spurs have a very nonathletic frontcourt we should exploit

predictions

Stoudemire 25 and 12

Anthony 24, 9 and 7

big games from our big guns
    if big guns get the ball tho...