Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antoni disrespects Douglas! Wow!

Default Antoni disrespects Douglas! Wow!

Beginning @4:25

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Maybe he was just trying to be the lame comedian he is, but it didn't come off good.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Beginning @4:25

Maybe he was just trying to be the lame comedian he is, but it didn't come off good.

yea i saw that tooo.....kinda made me laugh but thas cuz im not TD, man how much more public ripping can you do.

Superstar

Is this guy , why would you do that, to a guy you relied on last year, and most of this season, god forbid something happens to LIN or BD.This guy is a joke, period.

Veteran

All I can say about Dantoni comment on Toney Douglas is if Dantoni knew how to coach TD would be getting playingtime vs every team that played the night before....I put TD along with Shump, Jefferies, and Tyson Chandler defensive Stop-level....TD offense is a moving without the ball SG....

I would definitely try TD23 out in the 2nd unit. Give him some of JR's minutes for a bit, see what he can do. TD23 was our true 6th man last year and was averaging almost 11 PPG. Give the dude a chance when he's not playing PG.

Veteran

LOL, TD is a better NBA PG than the coach was...

He needs to take his talents (or lack of) back to the Euro league. Maybe he'll have better success over there. Talk about being out of your league...haha

I just thought it was disrespectful, especially with the extreme laugh at the end of it like TD was the butt of the joke.

He's also basically implying that other guys DON"T know their roles. Yet another coaching knock on him.

did i see that differently i got the sense that he was saying the we dont know what to expect from all the players each night except Douglas because we know hes going to sit there the whole time.

so what really went down with him and Dantoni behind closed doors? im surprised Douglas agent hasnt demanded a trade yet.

Veteran

Originally Posted by quiggle
    did i see that differently i got the sense that he was saying the we dont know what to expect from all the players each night except Douglas because we know hes going to sit there the whole time.

so what really went down with him and Dantoni behind closed doors? im surprised Douglas agent hasnt demanded a trade yet.
    That's exactly what occurred.

The "joke" was the reporters had just been asking him all these questions about peoples' roles, new roles with the new people, old roles changing with the new people, etc; then one segued into mentioning Douglas, and the "joke" was that ironically the guy not getting PT now is the one with the most assurance in his "role".

Then D'antoni flat out said not to expect Douglas to get any PT, and that it's simply a byproduct of Lin and Baron being playing now; same way Bibby won't be seeing ****

lol he just started cracking up when he heard TD's name...

says it all.

One of the coach's responsibilities is to keep everyone motivated... you can't just say "dude, you won't bee seeing any playing time", because you never know if and when you'll need the guy. Douglas has had some confidence issues and publicly talking about him "being great at what he's doing right now" (bench warming) is just disrespectful regardless of Toney's current status, basketball skills and late perforamcne.

How does this Schmuck still have a job.

Im gonna bring a Fire Pringles banner to the game on Saturday and slap his face on there!

I'm probably gonna be loud and rowdy as usual and once again start a Fire-Dee-an-to-ni chant!

What a dick.

I'm so tired of this clown.