Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Antoni disrespects Douglas! Wow!

  1. #16
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    What else is new? Antoni's been doing this for years. Marbury, Nate, Hughes, Jordan Hill, and now Douglas. He also did it in Phoenix.

  2. #17
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    F.I.R.E Dantoni

  3. #18
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    That's exactly what occurred.

    The "joke" was the reporters had just been asking him all these questions about peoples' roles, new roles with the new people, old roles changing with the new people, etc; then one segued into mentioning Douglas, and the "joke" was that ironically the guy not getting PT now is the one with the most assurance in his "role".

    Then D'antoni flat out said not to expect Douglas to get any PT, and that it's simply a byproduct of Lin and Baron being playing now; same way Bibby won't be seeing ****
    Am I reading your post right? Are you defending Antoni on this???


  4. #19
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    D'antoni is an inner ass hole.

  5. #20
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    As funny as it is,
    A top tier NBA coach would never say something even close to that...

    Seriously... can anyone imagine Phil Jackson laughing at one of his players, and the fact that one of his players isn't getting minutes, and even saying that he most probably won't get any minutes in the future.. ?

  6. #21
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Man he is a douche.....

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Angry Dont blame the player....FIRE Dantoni

    And....peeps been wondering the reason why Stat & Melo has only been giving 50%
    of their talent since the start of the season.
    ISO=fire Dantoni, ISO=fire Dantoni, ISO=fire Dantoni, ISO=fire Danton
    ISO! ISO! ISO! ISO!

    Peeps are forgetting when Lin-Sanity came back from the D.League after his
    triple double the Knicks were on a 7 game stretch in 10 days (No Practice),
    plus Lin-Sanity, Novak, Jefferies, and Fields are 2012 FA, who took advantage
    of the extra playingtime to GELL for a contract next season....without any game-plan,
    or system, or any design plays, or team-coaching...

    What the HELL do we need Dantoni for???

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Am I reading your post right? Are you defending Antoni on this???

    Just stating the context, bro. And some facts of the situation.

    Wasn't saying it wasn't a shot at Douglas, or a mocking of his situation (it was).

  9. #24
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    How does this Schmuck still have a job.
    +1. How long have we been saying this? He has no control over his stars and it shows on the court every game they play. Stat has become a spoiled baby and looks like Goof Troop out there on the court because of him. I hate this coach and his warped style of so-called coaching. Douglas should of punched him in the face afterwards.

  10. #25
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Didn't D'Antoni say in late January that Lin and Jerome Jordan "weren't in the teams plans". Oh yeah that was before Lin swooped in and saved his job.

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yup^^LOL

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    And....peeps been wondering the reason why Stat & Melo has only been giving 50%
    of their talent since the start of the season.
    ISO=fire Dantoni, ISO=fire Dantoni, ISO=fire Dantoni, ISO=fire Danton
    ISO! ISO! ISO! ISO!

    Peeps are forgetting when Lin-Sanity came back from the D.League after his
    triple double the Knicks were on a 7 game stretch in 10 days (No Practice),
    plus Lin-Sanity, Novak, Jefferies, and Fields are 2012 FA, who took advantage
    of the extra playingtime to GELL for a contract next season....without any game-plan,
    or system, or any design plays, or team-coaching...

    What the HELL do we need Dantoni for???
    You would think after the allstar break and that extra time to practice running the coaches system we would be better... but it's actually the opposite, smfh. Says alot about whats actually going on here,

    It's a shame we have to suffer thru the rest of the season with this fake coach....

  12. #27
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Wow, you guys are really on a mission.

    "D'Antoni rescues a child from a burning house, risks his life while doing so. 2 other children die in the house. Knicks Online users want a death sentence for D'Antoni, because 2 children died while he was present."

    Honestly you guys are fanatics when it comes to this man.

    Like the guys in Iran burning American flags, despite never meeting or talking to an American. Just blind hate.

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    A mission indeed, the prime objective is to win. It’s not a good look when the commander in chief sends his elite seal team in with no tactical plan… the results will most likely be a bunch of ragtags wasting a few of our good men…all because of the leaders arrogance and inability to plan for battle.

    I understand where you’re coming from; however, imo the analogy of fireman Mike is a bit off. A more accurate one would probably sound something like this…

    “D’Antoni goes into burning building to find kids, he finds them and tells them “go, go, go”, Kids run around burning building confused and tired…eventually discovering the exit after moments of close calls, trial and error. Upon departure, the kids find D’Antonio outside (arms folded) waiting to say “you see, if you move your ass you will find a way”.

    *Soon the moronic media shows up and starts to give D’Ant credit for saving their lives*

    You see…D’ant saved nothing, but we all know players have routinely saved him….even the ones he left rotten on the bench. My dislike for him has always been explained thoroughly. I’ve hardly seen anything positive about his coaching on these boards…just excuses and those excuses always fall on the players. Why do people like him? People point out his flaws all the time, but I haven’t seen anyone point out his strengths…I don't think my vision is that blurry. Why should we keep giving him a chance when he hasn't proven to be anything special in the NBA. His track record as a player and coach in this league is raggedy. You can't mention his brief success (as a coach) without mentioning a/particular players. Great coaches win by using what they have to their best ability...is our coach actually doing that? NO. He's a stubborn failing fruad who's getting exposed night in and night out.

    To be clear, I want nothing more than success for the Knicks. If he adapts then I will support him, until that happens I want him out so someone else can get a shot with this team. We already know what D'Ant can and can't do.

  14. #29
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    A mission indeed, the prime objective is to win. It’s not a good look when the commander in chief sends his elite seal team in with no tactical plan… the results will most likely be a bunch of ragtags wasting a few of our good men…all because of the leaders arrogance and inability to plan for battle.

    I understand where you’re coming from; however, imo the analogy of fireman Mike is a bit off. A more accurate one would probably sound something like this…

    “D’Antoni goes into burning building to find kids, he finds them and tells them “go, go, go”, Kids run around burning building confused and tired…eventually discovering the exit after moments of close calls, trial and error. Upon departure, the kids find D’Antonio outside (arms folded) waiting to say “you see, if you move your ass you will find a way”.

    *Soon the moronic media shows up and starts to give D’Ant credit for saving their lives*

    You see…D’ant saved nothing, but we all know players have routinely saved him….even the ones he left rotten on the bench. My dislike for him has always been explained thoroughly. I’ve hardly seen anything positive about his coaching on these boards…just excuses and those excuses always fall on the players. Why do people like him? People point out his flaws all the time, but I haven’t seen anyone point out his strengths…I don't think my vision is that blurry. Why should we keep giving him a chance when he hasn't proven to be anything special in the NBA. His track record as a player and coach in this league is raggedy. You can't mention his brief success (as a coach) without mentioning a/particular players. Great coaches win by using what they have to their best ability...is our coach actually doing that? NO. He's a stubborn failing fruad who's getting exposed night in and night out.

    To be clear, I want nothing more than success for the Knicks. If he adapts then I will support him, until that happens I want him out so someone else can get a shot with this team. We already know what D'Ant can and can't do.

    Very good post!

    Respect bro for posting a very good response with efficient criticism and a decent reason for discussion rather than bashing my post.

    Very good to read something like that

    I actually can't deny the essence of your post and the comparison with him yelling "Go, go, go" Made me laugh. It's true though to a certain extent.

    Where you go a bit over the top imo is the last part where you state that he doesn't have any strengths as a coach or special abilities. I think that'S not true. With all the flaws he has, most players have posted career numbers while playing for him. Steve Nash really ran in 6th gear while arriving in Poenix and playing for D'Antoni. He was good in Dallas, but nowhere near winning back to back MVP-trophies.
    In addition I also think that SSOL makes average or below average players look better than they are (in a traditional sysem). Remember his first year in NY? We actually went like 15-10 or so in his first 25 games, then traded Z-Bo and Jamal and missed the playoffs. Guys like Chandler, David Lee or Al Harrington looked very good in his system.

    I think those are his strengths as a coach. Not much and his weaknesses are most definitely overwhelming his strengths, but he has his positives too.

    It's a very thin line though and he pretty much needs an All-Star point guard, probably even MVP-type PG and a lot of great shooters and athletic forwards to be successful.

  15. #30
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Very classless and **** like that wouldn't fly in San Antonio

    This team needs a huge identity change, we're still a bunch of individuals

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2012, 22:39
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 02, 2012, 01:24
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2011, 10:13
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 13, 2011, 03:56
  5. Douglas making point to D'Antoni
    By DaTPRiNCE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 04, 2009, 07:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •