Antoni disrespects Douglas! Wow!

fender0577

Rotation player
Is this guy :smokin:, why would you do that, to a guy you relied on last year, and most of this season, god forbid something happens to LIN or BD.This guy is a joke, period.

Kiyaman

Legend
All I can say about Dantoni comment on Toney Douglas is if Dantoni knew how to coach TD would be getting playingtime vs every team that played the night before....I put TD along with Shump, Jefferies, and Tyson Chandler defensive Stop-level....TD offense is a moving without the ball SG....

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
I would definitely try TD23 out in the 2nd unit. Give him some of JR's minutes for a bit, see what he can do. TD23 was our true 6th man last year and was averaging almost 11 PPG. Give the dude a chance when he's not playing PG.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I just thought it was disrespectful, especially with the extreme laugh at the end of it like TD was the butt of the joke.

He's also basically implying that other guys DON"T know their roles. Yet another coaching knock on him. :shrug::td::eek:hboy:

quiggle

Starter
did i see that differently i got the sense that he was saying the we dont know what to expect from all the players each night except Douglas because we know hes going to sit there the whole time.

so what really went down with him and Dantoni behind closed doors? im surprised Douglas agent hasnt demanded a trade yet.

iSaYughh

Starter
did i see that differently i got the sense that he was saying the we dont know what to expect from all the players each night except Douglas because we know hes going to sit there the whole time.

so what really went down with him and Dantoni behind closed doors? im surprised Douglas agent hasnt demanded a trade yet.

That's exactly what occurred.

The "joke" was the reporters had just been asking him all these questions about peoples' roles, new roles with the new people, old roles changing with the new people, etc; then one segued into mentioning Douglas, and the "joke" was that ironically the guy not getting PT now is the one with the most assurance in his "role".

Then D'antoni flat out said not to expect Douglas to get any PT, and that it's simply a byproduct of Lin and Baron being playing now; same way Bibby won't be seeing shit

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
One of the coach's responsibilities is to keep everyone motivated... you can't just say "dude, you won't bee seeing any playing time", because you never know if and when you'll need the guy. Douglas has had some confidence issues and publicly talking about him "being great at what he's doing right now" (bench warming) is just disrespectful regardless of Toney's current status, basketball skills and late perforamcne.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
Im gonna bring a Fire Pringles banner to the game on Saturday and slap his face on there!

I'm probably gonna be loud and rowdy as usual and once again start a Fire-Dee-an-to-ni chant!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What else is new? Antoni's been doing this for years. Marbury, Nate, Hughes, Jordan Hill, and now Douglas. He also did it in Phoenix.

nyk_nyk

All Star
That's exactly what occurred.

The "joke" was the reporters had just been asking him all these questions about peoples' roles, new roles with the new people, old roles changing with the new people, etc; then one segued into mentioning Douglas, and the "joke" was that ironically the guy not getting PT now is the one with the most assurance in his "role".

Then D'antoni flat out said not to expect Douglas to get any PT, and that it's simply a byproduct of Lin and Baron being playing now; same way Bibby won't be seeing shit

Am I reading your post right? Are you defending Antoni on this???

:td:

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
As funny as it is,
A top tier NBA coach would never say something even close to that...

Seriously... can anyone imagine Phil Jackson laughing at one of his players, and the fact that one of his players isn't getting minutes, and even saying that he most probably won't get any minutes in the future.. ?