Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what is it now? TO MANY POINT GUARDS???

Lin took the most shots when they was on that run but they were also spreading the ball around to everybody.Why can't they keep doing that with melo back is beyond me.It should be easier with stat and melo but it looks like im wrong. I agree with you on the defense! The knicks should do the same thing to every pg that plays like lin.This game can be so easy but the knicks makes me think chess is easy to play.

F>i>r>e> Dantoni

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Lin took the most shots when they was on that run but they were also spreading the ball around to everybody.Why can't they keep doing that with melo back is beyond me.It should be easier with stat and melo but it looks like im wrong. I agree with you on the defense! The knicks should do the same thing to every pg that plays like lin.This game can be so easy but the knicks makes me think chess is easy to play.

We were shooting the ball well while Melo was out. I dont think we're shooting as well, and we're not getting as many layups because of the defense on Lin. I could be mistaken, but I havent seen a pick & roll work in 3 games...

This also shows the importance of Jeffries (and Chandler, obviously).

I wonder if MDA has ever uttered these statements:

They're taking this away so we're going to do that...

They're doing this on offense so we have to do that..

I've heard him say we've got to shot it better.

I've heard him say we have to play better defense.

But I've never heard him say anything close to adjusting on offense or defense...

You are right about the pick and rolls,its a no show just like the team ball/ball movement is a no show.I hav'nt seen nothing like this with a team that has two star players in the league look so bad.

Im out clyde,it was good talking to you.Talk to you tomorrow maybe.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    D'antoni isn't a bad coach?
    He is a bad coach with our roster. He was Coach of the Year with his roster in PHX.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Im out clyde,it was good talking to you.Talk to you tomorrow maybe.
    Cool...

Biggest problem is the coach, now that Lin is back to reality MDA is being exposed as a coach that over relies on his PG's. He has prob the most balanced roster top to bottom but he does not utilize them properly at all. I understand he has a system but if they players don't fit you have to make adjustments.

I'd actually like to see Van Gundy get another shot in NY, it would be interesting to see what he could do with this roster.

Default You are all right

It will be refreshing to see a new coach whatever the squad is.

people on this forum are smart and know basketball, basketball isnt science, its played simple, but when its get complicated(triangle, ssol, etc'), well, that is where superstars & role players shouled gel & melo() together.

i was so excited to get Amare, and afterwards carmelo, i thought that they will jam together on the floor, but what they are doing is running from responsibility.

number 1 basic rule in basketball is, when things get wrong, go to basic, that's what JLIN and Tyson made, that's what we liked and were hyped so much, but now?

all i here in the post game is excuses from stat mainly(no energy, no spacing, bla bla bla), who are you blaming, it was un-excusable what he did with the PnR on T Parker, and our coach? did nothing.

we have great offensive assets but we are not using them correctly, we have ourselves a Triangle, like we wanted, but a different one:

D'anthony
    STAT Melo

every time you juggle with one or two with the above, something happen.

we brhought Woodson, defense is better, STAT is out, JJ is in with better D, Melo is out, less ISO, both of them out, Linsation occur.

only when all 3 is in place:
    Stat & Melo healthy
    D'antony feels safe

the **** is hitting the fan('s)

i really don't know what to expect from our Knickerbockers, we are 8th, hopefully will not fall beacause all of us want some playoff time, is it?

what is worse, Boston sweep? or Miamy?

jeeezzz......

Mike Woodson? I just hope we make the playoffs at this point.

Superstar

He lost that Boston game cause instead of fouling pierce with four seconds left he allows him to shoot the 3. A shot he was hitting from out there all night. He gave that game away. U or I which know nothing about coaching put pierce on the line for the one free throw, then the very low % slam the ball off rim and hope to get a tip in last second....duh

Superstar

He should be fired just off that stupid decision

Superstar

I said this all along, give him his PG, so he can be exposed, for the bad coach he is.It's like putting a BAN-AID, on a gunshot wound with this guy, a PG won't help all his shortcomings as a coach.From, no in game adjustments(AT ALL), to bench your stars, for long periods of time, for no good reason.Not calling TO's to stop runs, to not fouling to prevent the shoot everyone knows the other teams looking for,to using a 7man rotation, when you have a least 9 good players.We have 2, career 24PPG scorers, yet both of them, go 5,6,7,+ possessions without touching the ball, this is unacceptable, any coach worth a damn, could get these guys there shots.