Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks 03.09 8:30PM

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by paris401
    yesssss... excellent prediction.....
    Wassup paris!~

Veteran

The Bucks are a 16 -24 record team for a reason....NO DEFENSE
    Coach Skiles offense/defense system is considered tier-3 strategy....
    He depend on Jennings creative leadership on offense, and Gooden's vocal team leadership on defense....Tier-1 coach Pop depends 25% on Parker & Duncan leadership, the 75% belongs to coach Pop strategic system.

The Knicks allowing the Bucks to get 17 offensive-rebounds to the Knicks 9 offensive rebounds gave the Bucks 93 shot attempts to the Knicks 83 shot attempts....who assignment was it for the defensive-rebounds? was it one of the most minute played players, which become a team factor?

Lin 42 min
    Stat 37 min
    Melo 37 min
    Fields 37 min
    Bdiddy 31 min

The Knicks have a roster load of talent on top of talent, yet the Knicks dont have a 2nd half strategy to win a game....this was showed and proven in the Knicks past four road games losing in the 2nd half of the game.
    Defense is a team responsibility (all 5 players), its not one or two players....Lin-Sanity prove that in his 7 game win streak with a 30+ minute rotation of co-exist defensive players -Tyson, Jefferies, Fields, Shump....it didnt matter if a 40 minute Lin-Sanity made 15 turnovers these 5 Knicks players caused "STOPS" in the passing-lane, peremeter, or any fool who was willing to challenge Tyson Chandler in the paint in the final quarter of the game.

Originally Posted by paris401
    yesssss... excellent prediction.....
    Haha "blushes"

Well, at least Lin went 20-13-4 , that part was kind of fun to watch for me.

Just want to say a few things about the magical Linsanity that everyone refers to and uses as a benchmark.

The most obvious- Tyson Chandler was healthy and giving us 40+ minutes.

Our paint presence on D allowed guys like Lin and Shump to play better D as they could gamble more hoping to get bailed out. When Chandler is not in, everyone becomes exposed it seems.

Most of these games were at home. We were getting friendly calls. The games on the road, we looked pretty shaky, and it took some serious grit/luck down the stretch to win a couple of them.

Never thought I'd say this, but Jared Jeffries is a beast on the offensive boards.. hes so long and quick with his tip outs- it makes a huge difference. And he was definitely a symbol of the Knicks pathetic struggles last year!

But seriously, why is nobody talking about the officiating over the last 4 games? The call on Lin where he "fouled" Jennings on the jump shot in 4th quarter was a joke. The travelling call on Stat was shaky at best. It seems we're getting screwed on pretty much every call down the stretch in the last 4 road games.......

Originally Posted by FireCoachD
    Never thought I'd say this, but Jared Jeffries is a beast on the offensive boards.. hes so long and quick with his tip outs- it makes a huge difference.
    Hmmm, Jeffries is the forgotten man during this Linsanity but he has been a beast on offensive board and great on defense.

Am I actually saying that Jared Jeffries and Tyson Chandler are the missing piece of a great Knicks team?

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Hmmm, Jeffries is the forgotten man during this Linsanity but he has been a beast on offensive board and great on defense.

Am I actually saying that Jared Jeffries and Tyson Chandler are the missing piece of a great Knicks team?
    Very interesting: Although much maligned Landry Fields leads the NYK in +- this year at +94. Novak and Lin are a close second but have half the minutes of Fields, so their avg +- is actually Double that of Fields!! Here's where it gets interesting:

Jared Jeffries is only +7 with around the same minutes as Lin. So when Jeff has been on the floor the scoring has been exactly even.

Tyson Chandler is -33 while leading the team in minutes!

Amare is by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in last place with -77 out of the guys in the current rotation. 100 million dollars...

Superstar

Originally Posted by starmlb
    since melo's return 2-6. =/ I know D'antoni is going to get all the blame, and yes he deserves a lot. But the best the Knicks have played these last two years were 1. Before they traded for Melo and 2. When Melo was injured. It has to obvious to more people than just me right?
    this. It is too bad we are stuck with this guy for god knows how long. Dolan will never get rid of him. Any other sane owner would at least be considering it at this point. Some people will say "oh knee jerk reaction you fans are just ridiculous," Well, honestly are we? It is pretty obvious over the past two seasons, we have been a good team that was good for the occasional long winning streak, yet with melo, there are two occasions where we loose 9/10 games.. Wtf is that? WE HAVE A LOOSING RECORD WITH MELO AND IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR. WIth out him, we have a winning record. Not only that we are more fun to watch. The melo dream is dead. Im sorry, you have to prove that you are a star player, you don't get to be grandfathered in as a star. We shouldn't have to wait around for 2 years for a guy making 20 million per to step up. He had one good game against the Celtics and we STILL LOST

Other oddities:

Landry Fields is +100 on the road and -5 at home (Is he the anti-hero?)
    Jlin is even on the road and +90 at home (Loves MSG )
    Tyson Chandler is a whopping +78 at home and a whopping -109 on the road (come on refs really??)

Not putting too much stock in any of this.

Very interesting: Although much maligned Landry Fields leads the NYK in +- this year at +94. Novak and Lin are a close second but have half the minutes of Fields, so their avg +- is actually Double that of Fields!! Here's where it gets interesting:

Jared Jeffries is only +7 with around the same minutes as Lin. So when Jeff has been on the floor the scoring has been exactly even.

Tyson Chandler is -33 while leading the team in minutes!

Amare is by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in last place with -77 out of the guys in the current rotation. 100 million dollars...
    I still think that Fields should not be the starting SG. He is atrocious from downtown. In MDA's system, you need shooters who can space the floor and make shots.

The +/- rating does not really give accurate indication of a player's effectiveness on court, IMO. But I am shocked that Stat is a whopping -77 on the scale. I guess the +/- system can be accurate sometimes. LOL.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    this. It is too bad we are stuck with this guy for god knows how long. Dolan will never get rid of him. Any other sane owner would at least be considering it at this point. Some people will say "oh knee jerk reaction you fans are just ridiculous," Well, honestly are we? It is pretty obvious over the past two seasons, we have been a good team that was good for the occasional long winning streak, yet with melo, there are two occasions where we loose 9/10 games.. Wtf is that? WE HAVE A LOOSING RECORD WITH MELO AND IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR. WIth out him, we have a winning record. Not only that we are more fun to watch. The melo dream is dead. Im sorry, you have to prove that you are a star player, you don't get to be grandfathered in as a star. We shouldn't have to wait around for 2 years for a guy making 20 million per to step up. He had one good game against the Celtics and we STILL LOST
    It is obvious to me that we are worse off with Melo right now. However it seems we have the most potential to advance far with this roster rather than our old one. But don't worry, if the trend continues, everyone will be forced to agree with you.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    I still think that Fields should not be the starting SG. He is atrocious from downtown. In MDA's system, you need shooters who can space the floor and make shots.

The +/- rating does not really give accurate indication of a player's effectiveness on court, IMO. But I am shocked that Stat is a whopping -77 on the scale. I guess the +/- system can be accurate sometimes. LOL.
    I agree. I have bashed Fields this entire year. But +- is fairly good tool to evaluate the Knicks, since we try so many different lineups. The heat stars all have roughly the exact same +300, lol

The shocking part about fields though is he has started most of the year and tends to play against the opponents stronger lineups. So you would think guys like Novak would have a huge edge on him. Maybe he is just a better player than i thought.

Toney Douglas lead our team in +- over the entire year last year. He also happened to lead the NBA in 3s over the second half of last year.. And Dantoni laughs at the thought of playing him Lol grudge much???????

+- is more accurate than you think though. When you think of a big time player on a team, who is the consensus best player, they tend to lead their team in +- . K love, Dirk, Regardless of how the team is performing. Just shows how pathetic Amare and Melo have been. A nice thing to consider is Kobe, then bynum, then gasol, that is the way i would rank the skill and impact of these players, and when you look at +- they fall in the same order. SMH at amare

Toney Douglas lead our team in +- over the entire year last year. He also happened to lead the NBA in 3s over the second half of last year.. And Dantoni laughs at the thought of playing him Lol grudge much???????
    I wish we could trade our TD for San Antonio's TD, just saying.

Deron williams is -200, by far the worst on the nets ok, ill stop now.