Originally Posted by GordonGecko
That's crazy man, I remember just 2 years ago you couldn't PAY someone to take your tickets to many games. There were so many times I stood outside the garden trying to get a scalper to buy my 400s off me for $20 for the pair and if I didn't get laughed at with the guy walking away, the best offer was $5. There was no waiting list, anyone could buy season tickets to almost every section except in the 400's. You could buy them right off the website. Eventually you had to call in, and now you have to get on a waiting list.

I don't think that $450 seat at the Liberty is worth the cost to get on that list, unless you're a big women's basketball fan. When you get your call, the only available seats will probably be the $100++ in the lower bowl and near the price breaks.
Yes it is a waste, but if you donate the tickets then you can get a tax deduction. At least this way you get a certain percentage back and give yourself a much better chance for the tickets.

I sucked it up and made the $900 donation just so I can better my chances. I'm not sure I'll be in the area long enough to wait.

Are the chances of the more expensive tickets higher than the less costly ones?