Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 189

Thread: 2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

  1. #106
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    And somehow those bandwagoners have infinite bank accounts who are willing to pay over $150 for 400 level seats in the regular season. Mind you, I've never met any of them before so they're just a rumor to me. Whenever I tried to sell my tickets on Craigslist at or below the lowest stubhub price, I never got a single response except for a bunch of "i'm a poor college student" / "I have 4 kids to feed" lowball offers.
    its probably the corporate bigwigs who treat there clients to Knicks games who buy the high priced tickets. when the Knicks are hottest ticket in town, what better place then the Garden to see some excitement and talk business at the same time, everyone leaves happy and they might talk a good deal. but when the Knicks are bad, the crowd booing, is this where you want to meet a client under such negative atmosphere? remember the guy whose wife spent over 40,000$ for Lin's jersey vs Lakers? we cant compete with them.

  2. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    And somehow those bandwagoners have infinite bank accounts who are willing to pay over $150 for 400 level seats in the regular season. Mind you, I've never met any of them before so they're just a rumor to me. Whenever I tried to sell my tickets on Craigslist at or below the lowest stubhub price, I never got a single response except for a bunch of "i'm a poor college student" / "I have 4 kids to feed" lowball offers.
    lol. that is sad. first time buying straight from MSG. cant believe they marked up the prices so much at the presale.

    if anyone is interested. ill let them go for $250 a piece.

    i hope i don't violate any forum policies. let me know if i did

  3. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    were you able to unload your seats

  4. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    were you able to unload your seats

    yeah i sold it to a couple for 200 a piece in front of MSG. it was a good 3 quarters then it was downhill from there. cool intro though

  5. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Since the part 2 renovation started so late, I wonder if there's any chance the Knicks preseason games at MSG will be cancelled. That would be sweet

  6. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Since the part 2 renovation started so late, I wonder if there's any chance the Knicks preseason games at MSG will be cancelled. That would be sweet

    preseason is a rip off. why do people even go to preseason games lol

  7. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    preseason is a rip off. why do people even go to preseason games lol
    They go because season ticket holders are holding the bag and give them tickets for 5 bucks or for free.

  8. #113
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i put my name on the season ticket wait list on January of this year Does anyone know kind of seats might be left?

  9. #114
    Newbie Flushing Roots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Was able to upgrade 1 row and 3 seats closer to mid court today in 226. Not a lot of choices. The renewal rate is said to be around 95%.

  10. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    so, anybody get new seats for next season?

  11. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    so, anybody get new seats for next season?

    nope nothing yet. they said we'll know by sept.

  12. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    nope nothing yet. they said we'll know by sept.
    Well the additional seats process is winding down right now, so next up should be for new business, probably starting next week.

    What price range / seating location are you trying to get?

  13. #118
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,478
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    note to KO posters: MSG usually has a day dedicated to attracting season ticket holders, where they give out a free hot dog and soda (like a cheap wine and dine) and bug you to buy a season package. you also get to meet folks like Clyde, a low-level Knick, and the Knicks City Dancers. it's worth going to, just to check out the garden and meet and greet and eat. i'll keep y'all posted if interested, and make a temporary sticky when and if the event happens this year.

  14. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    note to KO posters: MSG usually has a day dedicated to attracting season ticket holders, where they give out a free hot dog and soda (like a cheap wine and dine) and bug you to buy a season package. you also get to meet folks like Clyde, a low-level Knick, and the Knicks City Dancers. it's worth going to, just to check out the garden and meet and greet and eat. i'll keep y'all posted if interested, and make a temporary sticky when and if the event happens this year.
    I dunno man, I seriously doubt anything will be left except barstool seats, if that

  15. #120
    Newbie Flushing Roots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    so, anybody get new seats for next season?
    I looked and all they had left were 6 in the entire arena. All in the 200 section in the corners. $95 in the last row which were level with the row in front of them. Horrible sight lines. Judging from the lack of availability it should be decent for the resales next season. Knicks have the benefit of rabid BB fans and a midtown Manhattan location.

Similar Threads

  1. Sophomore 20
    By knickzrulezH20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2010, 20:49
  2. Where do we go from here?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Nov 25, 2008, 14:41
  3. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  4. In Fairness to Last Season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2007, 15:11
  5. New Season ticket Holder
    By L xx NYK in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2007, 03:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •