2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

quiggle

Starter
Steiner Sports tried to sell me some tickets games 3 and 4 and as a bonus some Larry Johnson autographed photos. i laughed when I read the e-mail.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Steiner Sports tried to sell me some tickets games 3 and 4 and as a bonus some Larry Johnson autographed photos. i laughed when I read the e-mail.

i honestly thought regardless of how the knicks did. knicks v heat matchup would be in high demand. looks like most NYers are totally disgusted with the way the Knicks are playing. Pretty much the worst possible senario for the Knicks happened.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
well im screwed. i have Sec 102 Row 16 seats that i bought for 361 each and can't sell them lol.

bought 2 extra tickets to resell. now im goin to lose 722 bux. im goin to the game tonight to boo the **** out of them.

you season ticket holders should be glad they didn't offer you a presale because you would've been left holding the bag like me.

Wow that sucks. Well when you gamble big, you can lose big so beware. The Knicks ticket market makes no sense at all, it's feast or famine. The tickets are either gold or worthless

quiggle

Starter
i honestly thought regardless of how the knicks did. knicks v heat matchup would be in high demand. looks like most NYers are totally disgusted with the way the Knicks are playing. Pretty much the worst possible senario for the Knicks happened.

yah but that's how it is with the Knicks, they are only the hottest ticket in town when peeps bandwagon for some cause they want to be part of. like here during Linsanity how many idiots joined here then after it died down they vanished also. its like with Tebow a lot of peeps joined the Broncos forums and when he got traded to the Jets they posted they are leaving to. Knicks true fan base is actually smaller then some of us think because there is only so much peeps who can put up with there garbage every year.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
yah but that's how it is with the Knicks, they are only the hottest ticket in town when peeps bandwagon for some cause they want to be part of. like here during Linsanity how many idiots joined here then after it died down they vanished also. its like with Tebow a lot of peeps joined the Broncos forums and when he got traded to the Jets they posted they are leaving to. Knicks true fan base is actually smaller then some of us think because there is only so much peeps who can put up with there garbage every year.

And somehow those bandwagoners have infinite bank accounts who are willing to pay over $150 for 400 level seats in the regular season. Mind you, I've never met any of them before so they're just a rumor to me. Whenever I tried to sell my tickets on Craigslist at or below the lowest stubhub price, I never got a single response except for a bunch of "i'm a poor college student" / "I have 4 kids to feed" lowball offers.

quiggle

Starter
And somehow those bandwagoners have infinite bank accounts who are willing to pay over $150 for 400 level seats in the regular season. Mind you, I've never met any of them before so they're just a rumor to me. Whenever I tried to sell my tickets on Craigslist at or below the lowest stubhub price, I never got a single response except for a bunch of "i'm a poor college student" / "I have 4 kids to feed" lowball offers.

its probably the corporate bigwigs who treat there clients to Knicks games who buy the high priced tickets. when the Knicks are hottest ticket in town, what better place then the Garden to see some excitement and talk business at the same time, everyone leaves happy and they might talk a good deal. but when the Knicks are bad, the crowd booing, is this where you want to meet a client under such negative atmosphere? remember the guy whose wife spent over 40,000$ for Lin's jersey vs Lakers? we cant compete with them.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer

lol. that is sad. first time buying straight from MSG. cant believe they marked up the prices so much at the presale.

if anyone is interested. ill let them go for $250 a piece.

i hope i don't violate any forum policies. let me know if i did

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Since the part 2 renovation started so late, I wonder if there's any chance the Knicks preseason games at MSG will be cancelled. That would be sweet

Was able to upgrade 1 row and 3 seats closer to mid court today in 226. Not a lot of choices. The renewal rate is said to be around 95%.

CoolClyde

note to KO posters: MSG usually has a day dedicated to attracting season ticket holders, where they give out a free hot dog and soda (like a cheap wine and dine) and bug you to buy a season package. you also get to meet folks like Clyde, a low-level Knick, and the Knicks City Dancers. it's worth going to, just to check out the garden and meet and greet and eat. i'll keep y'all posted if interested, and make a temporary sticky when and if the event happens this year.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
note to KO posters: MSG usually has a day dedicated to attracting season ticket holders, where they give out a free hot dog and soda (like a cheap wine and dine) and bug you to buy a season package. you also get to meet folks like Clyde, a low-level Knick, and the Knicks City Dancers. it's worth going to, just to check out the garden and meet and greet and eat. i'll keep y'all posted if interested, and make a temporary sticky when and if the event happens this year.

I dunno man, I seriously doubt anything will be left except barstool seats, if that

so, anybody get new seats for next season?
I looked and all they had left were 6 in the entire arena. All in the 200 section in the corners. $95 in the last row which were level with the row in front of them. Horrible sight lines. Judging from the lack of availability it should be decent for the resales next season. Knicks have the benefit of rabid BB fans and a midtown Manhattan location.:gony::gony::gony::gony: