Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

I just received notification from MSG about season ticket offerings. Out of curiosity, has anyone else that was on the VIP waiting list been offered full season tickets? if so, which seats?

Anyone seen the upper bowl yet? Any photos?

Originally Posted by Flushing Roots
    Anyone seen the upper bowl yet? Any photos?

Great pics, GG! I'm starting the countdown to OD!

Black seats at MSG? I thought they dropped the black color from jerseys and logos because the nets are rocking it in BK

Originally Posted by rady
    Black seats at MSG? I thought they dropped the black color from jerseys and logos because the nets are rocking it in BK
    It's hard to tell but those are actually deep navy blue

Lurker

Default VIP Waiting List

Originally Posted by DCinNY
    I just received notification from MSG about season ticket offerings. Out of curiosity, has anyone else that was on the VIP waiting list been offered full season tickets? if so, which seats?
    I was on the VIP waiting list this off-season and finally got a call last week but all I got offered was the opportunity to buy 13-game mini-plan tickets (I bought the "White" package that includes the home opener against the Heat and the Rockets game/ JLin homecoming in Dec). I was told the season ticket renewal rate was 97%.

Has anyone else had a different experience?

Originally Posted by Incog
    I was on the VIP waiting list this off-season and finally got a call last week but all I got offered was the opportunity to buy 13-game mini-plan tickets (I bought the "White" package that includes the home opener against the Heat and the Rockets game/ JLin homecoming in Dec). I was told the season ticket renewal rate was 97%.

97% sound about right. Between the Knicks suddenly becoming fairly relevant again and The Garden Transformation, the demand is high. Good move though going for the mini plan. You are now in the computer and you should have some better leverage to one day move up to FST holder. I started out with a 10 game plan and was fortunate to upgrade to STs last year.

Lurker

thanks for the feedback, Flushing Roots -- that particular mini-plan was a nice consolation while I wait for full season tix to become available.

btw, does anyone have an idea of exactly how many season tickets the Knicks sell? I know MSG seats nearly 20,000 for basketball but I'm curious how many of those seats are sold as season tickets.

thanks for the feedback, Flushing Roots -- that particular mini-plan was a nice consolation while I wait for full season tix to become available.

btw, does anyone have an idea of exactly how many season tickets the Knicks sell? I know MSG seats nearly 20,000 for basketball but I'm curious how many of those seats are sold as season tickets.
    Has to be around 19,400 (20,000 x .97).

Lurker

Hey I signed up for seats last year.. (not VIP) and I actually got offered tickets last monday for the mini plan also.. I bought the white plan seemed like a no brainer.. There wasn't many seats left, but I purchased barstools in section 212..

Originally Posted by iixijjixii
    Hey I signed up for seats last year.. (not VIP) and I actually got offered tickets last monday for the mini plan also.. I bought the white plan seemed like a no brainer.. There wasn't many seats left, but I purchased barstools in section 212..
    barstools? MSG is selling barstools?

you mean 4 KO posters can sit on one barstool if you turn it upside down?

Lurker

Originally Posted by Flushing Roots
    Has to be around 19,400 (20,000 x .97).
    Really? I wasn't sure if all seats were made available for season ticket sales or if they purposefully held some portion in reserve for individual game purchases.

Really? I wasn't sure if all seats were made available for season ticket sales or if they purposefully held some portion in reserve for individual game purchases.
    Nah there's no way 97% are sold as full season. There's a good 5-10% as partial plans and there's a large amount held back for individual sale. They do this partially because they need to make seats available for players, sponsors, & the league (especially during the playoffs), but also because the Knicks use dynamic pricing to sell individual games.

They first started that 2 years ago, and my seats that I paid $25 were being sold for $140 against the lakers. So at a nearly 600% markup, they're going to want to have as many of those available as possible

Knicks 2012-13 presale going on RIGHT NOW:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

password is SUBSCRIBER