Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

have you all received your 2012-13 renewal invoices?

i've only received my playoff invoice 2 days ago. i expect my season renewal invoice will come next week, but it sounds like some subscribers have received them already.

Originally Posted by CasperTheNYKFan
    have you all received your 2012-13 renewal invoices?

i've only received my playoff invoice 2 days ago. i expect my season renewal invoice will come next week, but it sounds like some subscribers have received them already.
    Renewal Invoices are scheduled to be mailed this week

Speaking of, invoices have just posted to your accounts. Log in at:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Your relocation assignments will be there too

I spoke to an account manager and he suggested i get onto the VIP waiting list by buying the season tickets to the liberty (450 bucks per seat).
    Anyone know if it's even worth while? If i go on the normal waiting list, what's the chances i get tickets (looking for 2 seats for entire season)? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    I spoke to an account manager and he suggested i get onto the VIP waiting list by buying the season tickets to the liberty (450 bucks per seat).
    Anyone know if it's even worth while? If i go on the normal waiting list, what's the chances i get tickets (looking for 2 seats for entire season)? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Those start at $180 per seat ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) but I don't understand how that would get you to jump the line. Keep in mind that they're playing in Newark for the next 2 summers and if you thought Nets tickets were worthless ($0.01 tickets available to 75% of all games on Stubhub), just assume you'll take a complete loss on these.

And what is up with the renewal offer from the Knicks. A stupid framed picture if you renew with a Chase card? Forget that, I have enough paper weights

I spoke with the account manager and he said all VIP waiting list members got season tickets (whole season or game package). I was given the impression that the VIP waiting list gets first crack all any available set. Currently over 90% of the seats are being renewed.
    I agree. Those liberty tickets are pretty much worthless. The fact that it's in Jersey is probably even worst. I'll hope on the regular list and pray i get something.
    Thanks.

KnicksonLIN.com

I guess I'll just buy a 50 cent Tropical fantasy soda and a 50 cent Wise Popcorn, and watch the Knick games for free on MSG.
    Last edited by abcd; Mar 21, 2012 at 14:28.

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    I spoke with the account manager and he said all VIP waiting list members got season tickets (whole season or game package). I was given the impression that the VIP waiting list gets first crack all any available set. Currently over 90% of the seats are being renewed.
    I agree. Those liberty tickets are pretty much worthless. The fact that it's in Jersey is probably even worst. I'll hope on the regular list and pray i get something.
    Thanks.
    Ok so let me get this straight, the Knicks have a regular waiting list and a VIP waiting list? Did he say all the Liberty full STH automatically get on that list or just the ones paying $450+ per seat?

i did the NY Liberty ticket "plan" last year. it got me on the VIP list and i was able to get two NYK seats. the account mgr never guaranteed that i will get NYK tickets but he reassured me that i was in "very good shape". worst case scenario is that i drop the $$ on NYLiberty tix, and use my NYK season ticket deposit ($500) as a credit towards a future NYK partial package. it was a risk, but it worked.

no, i didn't go to a single NYL game in newark. it was a total loss but it's almost like a fee that i paid to get to the front of the NYK waiting list. it worked and i'm happy i did it.

Lurker

Wow, my section 329 row A, 2 seats right on the aisle have gone up a ton. Luckily I have the prices on file so I can see just how bad it is:

2007-2011: $2,489 per seat for the full season (incl. preseason)
    2011-2012: $2,772 per seat adjusted up to a full schedule, 33 games to 44 (incl. preseason) (11% increase)
    2012-2013: $3,608 per seat (30% increase), now in the SECOND row not the first and no longer on the aisle.... Section "214". Hmmmm......

Face value on the first row for this section is $110 -- not sure what that will be discounted but still, people in this area are really getting raked over the coals. So I'm: 1) higher up due to the new configuration thanks to the ring of luxury boxes; 2) at least one row back; 3) no longer on the aisle; and 4) paying 30% more for it.

Apparently the Knicks are also doing away with the food vouchers next season. If that's the case that really sucks

I feel I kinda got screwed too... Went from 313 Row K seats 11-12 (on the aisle closer to half court) for $63 each to 222 Row 11 (same row) seats 9 - 10 (5 seats from the aisle towards half court) for $75 each. Called the rep to ask who got the seats closer to the aisle and he said it was the people from the next section who went from $83 down to $75. Said the Garden is trying to give everyone as close to the same sightline as before and with the revamping of the sections you may not be on the aisle if you were before.

That's another bad side effect of the renovation, people are losing their Aisle. They're basically going from 46 sections in the upper bowl this year to 27 sections next year. IE there's now going to be 41% less aisles in the new place so there's going to be plenty of net losers in this new configuration

Forget the regular K-List for next year. I spoke with the account manager and put in my deposit 2 months ago and was told I wouldn't get tickets for next season. There are two seperate list. K-List and the VIP List which is for people who pay up $450 per seat for season tickets to the NY Liberty. They get first dibs. I assume that list is short so they should fill up the majority of the available seats next season and maybe a little bit of the K List. Best case senario for me will probably be a 3 year wait.

New seating does suck. I bought 116 club section for the Raptors game, and the rows are like 20 seats deep. such a pain in the ass to get up and move around.

Originally Posted by blahwoop
    Forget the regular K-List for next year. I spoke with the account manager and put in my deposit 2 months ago and was told I wouldn't get tickets for next season. There are two seperate list. K-List and the VIP List which is for people who pay up $450 per seat for season tickets to the NY Liberty. They get first dibs. I assume that list is short so they should fill up the majority of the available seats next season and maybe a little bit of the K List. Best case senario for me will probably be a 3 year wait.
    That's crazy man, I remember just 2 years ago you couldn't PAY someone to take your tickets to many games. There were so many times I stood outside the garden trying to get a scalper to buy my 400s off me for $20 for the pair and if I didn't get laughed at with the guy walking away, the best offer was $5. There was no waiting list, anyone could buy season tickets to almost every section except in the 400's. You could buy them right off the website. Eventually you had to call in, and now you have to get on a waiting list.

I don't think that $450 seat at the Liberty is worth the cost to get on that list, unless you're a big women's basketball fan. When you get your call, the only available seats will probably be the $100++ in the lower bowl and near the price breaks.