Trade 'Melo and Amar'e!..... For Dwight12 and Ginobili!

I'M NOT REALLY SUGGESTING TRADES, I'M JUST SAYING WHY THESE TWO RICH MEN SHOULD BE TRADED TO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR KNICK'S GOOD.

I personally say that both of them are in the elite rank, but they are only like... good Offensive players. Both of them have horrible defenses. What does 'melo do when he can't really guard those Spurs players? Foul. What does Amar'e do when he's supposed to be the Great Wall for knicks' basket? pretend that he didn't see it.

That attitude is why the Knicks team can have Melo at 50% FG, Amar'e at 18pts , 6/12 shooting, and plus Jeremy Lin 7/15 to lose a game with the spurs.

While Steve Nash succeeded with Phoenix + D'Antoni, the Suns didn't really have lots of big guys. the small sized lineup is usually Nash + Stat + 3 guards.

With the height of Novak, Literally Knicks can run the 7-second offense with Stat + Novak + Lin/Davis + 2 3-pt shooting guards.....

Melo likes jumpers. Amar'e and Lin at least attack the basket. One of the things people don't see much, is that when Lin is on the floor, he attacks a lot towards the basket. During the 7-win streak, Lin averages about 6-8 FTs PER Game! But when Melo came back, he simply uses his iso-jumper, and most of them don't work. sure, people cheer when those shots do get into the basket, but it doesn't avoid the fact that he is too shy of physical contact, while he is paid for (how much a year?!) and he doesn't even attack as much as Shumpert or Lin, I would say. That's why I want to trade Melo.

Ginobili is actually an efficient shooter under Popovich, and he shoots much more efficiently. We don't see him doing many heroic moves, but it doesn't mean he cannot do. His clutch on 3-pointers are also good.

Amar'e.... if he does defend, we're stupid to trade him. the problem is, he does NOT.............. so I don't seem to have an idea of what should Knicks do, if their Center (assuming novak playing PF on court) does not defend the rim. It's a disaster. Not only did Spurs have Parker walk around Lin and Shumpert with picks, he opens the inside apart as well!

One extra thing, when Lin picks with Amar'e, Amar'e makes terrible screens. Virtually when Chandler does it, they run into walls, which is exactly how Lin and Shumpert was stopped. With Amar'e, he wants to see if he can get a shot or whatnot, so he runs faster than Jeremy.... doesn't help much at all.

I don't care which SG/SF we trade, but this guy needs to have some consistent all around skills. Doesn't need to be elite, because if there's a situation (like 10 seconds to end the Regular period with Celtics), simply use the coach's methods, find the best man to shoot. Using the guy like Anthony doesn't help, because he doesn't let others shoot the last one. He wants it.

Also, Don't blame the StruggLIN. I admit, that teams are putting Lin under the microscopoe, it is why Lin is slowing down. But another reason for Lin to not win games after Amar'e and Anthony return, is because the team has NO offensive flow! switch weak/strong sides, pick and rolls, rebounding are all lower with Melo and Amar'e. My Evidence: Lol. People are talking about Baron Davis with the 2nd unit (the main offensive unit with the millionaires out + Chandler), got 8 assists yesterday, although he didn't earn any points with poor shooting. Lin and Baron Davis are very similar in their styles. Davis is definitely more experienced, while Lin still feels like a rookie. Send Lin back to the second unit, I'm sure he still can make that many beautiful assists.

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
in_before_the_lock_gif.gif

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11720