Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice to Lin

Hybrid View

Default Advice to Lin

Since he saved the season so far, saved D'antoni's job to date, plays his ass off, and gets no respect from his star players or the NBA, meaning he is getting hammered more and more each game, I suggest the following to him.

1 - Take charge of this team again, take the ball and do your thing. You decide who gets the ball. Prove to yourself and the league you are a real quality PG.

2 - Dare the coach to make you give it up to Melo, tell him you are the point guard. The Garden fans and NY media will back you up on this.

3 - If someone like J. Kidd hammers you, go right back at him on offense, show him he is not young anymore. Otherwise the league will drive you to the bench and back to the D league.

4 - Tell Stat & Melo you are getting double teamed, hammered, almost like there is a price on your head, if they don't have your back then their asses will not get the ball from you. Give it up to Jeffries who has your back.

5 - You will be a free agent, so make yourself as valuable as possible. That's how Stat, Melo, etc. players around the league got their money.

He's getting respect by stars... they get up to play him now

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    He's getting respect by stars... they get up to play him now
    I honestly don't see it. I think he is getting beat up too much. Where was Stat or Melo putting a payback on J. Kidd? I just think Lin should prove he is a real player and take charge of his own future, try to be the leader of the Knicks.

Veteran

Lin can benefit from dribbling exercises and putting on some extra muscle...since he likes to slash alot. He needs to become more durable. A pint of blood lost each game is not a good thing...and that hard wood isn't going to get any softer.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Lin can benefit from dribbling exercises and putting on some extra muscle...since he likes to slash alot. He needs to become more durable. A pint of blood lost each game is not a good thing...and that hard wood isn't going to get any softer.
    Yes, that is in line with the point I was trying to make.

Lin is tough, has taken the hits and got back up. I just think he should take charge like before since the other PG's in the league are trying to put him down, they don't want to get beat by Lin.

Lin has to push himself past the tough times, but I don't see Stat or Melo backing him up. That was my point.

Think about it, what would Ewing or Oak do to Kidd, etc. if Lin was their PG?

between you and me, Id love to see Lin in a Celtics uniform come time a free agent. with the Harvard roots and all, he would be a better fit with the tradition there instead of here with the Knicks. and Doc is undoubtledly a better coach then Dantoni

Agree. I think he did a good job though during the lockout adding a lot more muscle. But he still has a ways to go - to improve his physical conditioning. More legs and some upper body to help with more control - he's getting slammed a lot and its not just his legs that are tiring out but his arms and traps and shoulders and back.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

That will slow him down.

Lin just need to work on his ball security and know how to dribble through a tight defense, and how to keep his head up and keep his dribble going.

If Lin can work on his jumper too, we'll have legit B- Level PG.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    That will slow him down.

Lin just need to work on his ball security and know how to dribble through a tight defense, and how to keep his head up and keep his dribble going.

Based on his work ethic and the fact he's in touch with some top notch supplementary training - the Menlo Park training facility - those guys are world class. Gary Payton took him on under his wing. He is in touch with Tebow and Tebow's now partial owner of D1 training. I just want to share that Tebow's work ethic is top-notch. The guy trains like a champ and has been doing so since he was a little kid. First in the gym and last out of the parking lot. The guy will be a great friend to Lin in the future and help him only improve as an athlete with the conversations they do have and I'm sure invitations to train with their facilities and program.

It also starts with how much people like him in general in the NBA and those that are part of it in some-way. Lin is going to get all the help he wants.

Lin will only get better. If you look back on what Jeremy did after he started playing at Harvard and had the humility to return back to his HS coach and ask for real training. The guy has already willingly acknowledged parts of his game that needs improvement - he is only going to get better.

Just adding onto what you said. I wouldn't pigeon-hole him with a B rating. I think he is also better as PG/SG hybrid - He looked really great with Baron Davis on the floor with him. Teams CAN'T double team him if Baron Davis is also on the floor. Also under the tutelage of Baron Davis and others the only way he can go is up up and more up.

We also know he can perform against the best in the game. I consider Kobe the most clutch (i say clutch with CONSISTENCY) of the last 10 years.

Those shots over Dirk and Gasol weren't "lucky". Showed poise and confidence - and killer instinct.

I think he should put on some more muscle though. Derrick Rose is doing great and I think Jeremy Lin isn't going to bulk up as much as add quality muscle that is functional.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 10, 2012 at 15:56.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    That will slow him down.

The dribbling exercises should help him with his weak handle. As an NBA PG...his handle isn't really that good. He needs to be comfy with both hands and keep his head up. If he gets better at this he'll be able to split defenders with ease and his dimes will turn into dollars because he does have good vision.

I don't think he should bulk up (much), but he should harden up his body more. You can only take about so many of those crash landings in this sport. All he has to do is some calisthenics for a much more chisel and durable body. In fact...this will also make him faster and more athletic. As of now...that soft bod is getting hammered by dudes who almost weigh twice as much as him. He has a big heart, but that will of no use if the rest of the body is broken up.

Originally Posted by CLYDE
    I honestly don't see it. I think he is getting beat up too much. Where was Stat or Melo putting a payback on J. Kidd? I just think Lin should prove he is a real player and take charge of his own future, try to be the leader of the Knicks.
    Our supposedly STARS never sent a message back to the other teams.
    While every team was hammering Lin, our guys let their other point guard destroy us. When was the last time anyone on this team drew a fragrant foul on the opposing team's point?
    How many times have we seen Lin get absolutely hammered in the face or hammered onto the floor?

The knicks are comprised of 2 sissy so called superstars (melo & stat). There's a reason these 2 guys NEVER won a championship and they will NEVER win one here in NYC.

We need Ewing, Mason & Oakley mindsets back.

Your right. We are not a physical team by any stretch

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    Our supposedly STARS never sent a message back to the other teams.
    While every team was hammering Lin, our guys let their other point guard destroy us. When was the last time anyone on this team drew a fragrant foul on the opposing team's point?
    How many times have we seen Lin get absolutely hammered in the face or hammered onto the floor?

The knicks are comprised of 2 sissy so called superstars (melo & stat). There's a reason these 2 guys NEVER won a championship and they will NEVER win one here in NYC.

We need Ewing, Mason & Oakley mindsets back.

Lin should`nt worry he`s made MSG a boat load of money in his short run ...for that reason alone dolemite will want to keep him around to milk as much as he can from this kid.... his playing time will be cut .....more than likey dolemite will resign him for 5mil bucks (most fans will have a fit if they dont) ....and if some other team were to signs him and he plays wellfolks here will be sick..... after 13 Lin gets to call his own shot being a FA

Originally Posted by CLYDE
    Since he saved the season so far, saved D'antoni's job to date, plays his ass off, and gets no respect from his star players or the NBA, meaning he is getting hammered more and more each game, I suggest the following to him.

1 - Take charge of this team again, take the ball and do your thing. You decide who gets the ball. Prove to yourself and the league you are a real quality PG.

2 - Dare the coach to make you give it up to Melo, tell him you are the point guard. The Garden fans and NY media will back you up on this.

3 - If someone like J. Kidd hammers you, go right back at him on offense, show him he is not young anymore. Otherwise the league will drive you to the bench and back to the D league.

4 - Tell Stat & Melo you are getting double teamed, hammered, almost like there is a price on your head, if they don't have your back then their asses will not get the ball from you. Give it up to Jeffries who has your back.

5 - You will be a free agent, so make yourself as valuable as possible. That's how Stat, Melo, etc. players around the league got their money.
    Not bad advice at all...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Not bad advice at all...
    And by the way....Clyde & The Pearl?, since I am probably much older than you I think you should pay me a royalty for using that moniker.