Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advice to Lin

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein
    He doesn't need Calisthenics and making a more chiseled body really does equate to building more muscle. Your basically saying the same thing without realizing you mean he needs to add more muscle.

He is not soft. He's just much lighter than the other guys - whom have had years to build muscle and develop muscle maturity. You don't seem to know to much about fitness training so I'll give you a pass since you used the C-word.
    I know a lot about fitness, I played simi-pro football, love martial arts and play bball for fun on the reg. You don't have to believe it, but Calisthenics is not the same as lifting weights (which actually bulks you up). If he cut up his body it will get hard, simply because he losses the soft tissue...the most he'll gain (if any) is 5 pounds. That will not hurt his game and if it does than he isn't as good as we thought. He will get broken up if he continues to play this kamikaze style of ball. He's just acting to be placed on the IR.

Don't make it harder than it is. Don't try to be fancy and remind yourself on every possession that you are NOT Derrick Rose. You are Jeremy Lin, Just out of D-league..

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I know a lot about fitness, I played simi-pro football, love martial arts and play bball for fun on the reg. You don't have to believe it, but Calisthenics is not the same as lifting weights (which actually bulks you up). If he cut up his body it will get hard, simply because he losses the soft tissue...the most he'll gain (if any) is 5 pounds. That will not hurt his game and if it does than he isn't as good as we thought. He will get broken up if he continues to play this kamikaze style of ball. He's just acting to be placed on the IR.
    I think he needs 5-10lbs maybe 15. He still needs to work on his legs. Less than a year ago he had never trained his legs. The work that he did in the lock-out the Warriors never saw which is why his impact for the Knicks surprised them and the Rockets. I'm just suggesting you review what Jeremy Lin did in California at the Menlo facility. The guy has only recently been turned onto the impact that professional level training can do. There is a reason the Miami Heat, Lakers, Celtics, etc do so well later in games and later in the seasons. They are also the best athletes besides some of the most talented.

My belief is that Jeremy Lin can be top 5 PG for the next 15 years if he takes off-season training to the next level. As good as Derrick Rose, CP3, Westbrook, Rondo, Irving. Lin hits the floor and gets smacked around more consistently than any G in the league that I've watched so far.

* But I also think that his resistance training or calisthenics whatever you want to emphasize is only a part of things he can work on in the off-season.
    * As he is I think they can go to the Conference Finals.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 12, 2012 at 15:40.

Lurker

Can't agree more.

Truth is as far as American culture goes, the term "Asian-American" only exists on papers. Being only the 2nd generation immigrant, IMO J. Lin has fallen into the genetic encoded Asian personality/stubbornness. I'm afraid even if he keeps up the current stat and performance, sooner or later he'll change from being MDA's savior to scapegoat.

Originally Posted by CLYDE
    Since he saved the season so far, saved D'antoni's job to date, plays his ass off, and gets no respect from his star players or the NBA, meaning he is getting hammered more and more each game, I suggest the following to him.

1 - Take charge of this team again, take the ball and do your thing. You decide who gets the ball. Prove to yourself and the league you are a real quality PG.

2 - Dare the coach to make you give it up to Melo, tell him you are the point guard. The Garden fans and NY media will back you up on this.

3 - If someone like J. Kidd hammers you, go right back at him on offense, show him he is not young anymore. Otherwise the league will drive you to the bench and back to the D league.

4 - Tell Stat & Melo you are getting double teamed, hammered, almost like there is a price on your head, if they don't have your back then their asses will not get the ball from you. Give it up to Jeffries who has your back.

5 - You will be a free agent, so make yourself as valuable as possible. That's how Stat, Melo, etc. players around the league got their money.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Don't make it harder than it is. Don't try to be fancy and remind yourself on every possession that you are NOT Derrick Rose. You are Jeremy Lin, Just out of D-league..

Your really trying hard to troll. Just make a : I hate Jeremy Lin thread and stay out of this one. Thanks!

For the record - He is Jeremy Lin. NBA STARTER. Accepted by Kobe Bryant, STEVE NASH, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Lebron James, CP3, DERRICK ROSE, The Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Rubio, CALDERON, and others. The end.

Last edited by kinein; Mar 14, 2012 at 03:57.

Default True Sound Of An Arena - Under The Grips Of Linsanity

Warning. This is incredibly loud - it captures how loud it got at the ACC arena.

This is my advice to Lin - Get back to being aggressive. Don't hesitate. Play your game the way you want to play your game. When you score more than 25pts. We have always won.

Lin is on a short leash. probably 1-2 games before he is benched for Davis with Woodson

Originally Posted by blahwoop
    Lin is on a short leash. probably 1-2 games before he is benched for Davis with Woodson
    How is this advice? or Relevant to advice for Lin? Did you just post on this thread to troll? How is this relevant to this discussion in any way?

KnicksonLIN.com

Baron Davis is washed up. Once he got his 65 million dollars in LA, he completely lost interest in playing basketball.

Davis cannot average 15 points and 6.4 assists on 45% shooting like Lin has averaged this season.

Stephen A is going nuts on Lintendo and sucking Carmelo on ESPN 1050 right now...

Veteran

Chances Melo isn't traded for Howard and Lin doesn't resign with us?

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Chances Melo isn't traded for Howard and Lin doesn't resign with us?
    Not going to Happen - Howard wants to give the Orlando Magics a chance. In the end he has stated publicly he wants to and will be staying with the Magic. Orlando has been struggling to keep him - now they have their chance.

If Knicks don't want Lin - Lakers are still waiting to get a point guard ~ I'm also a Lakers fan, live in Socal

Originally Posted by abcd
    Baron Davis is washed up. Once he got his 65 million dollars in LA, he completely lost interest in playing basketball.

Davis cannot average 15 points and 6.4 assists on 45% shooting like Lin has averaged this season.
    It sucks but I think there is a strong possibility - that we go into Melo ISO Ball and BDavis starts 45minutes. Woodson has only a limited amount of games to showcase what he can do and I don't know if he really is on Lin's side.

Update - I think Lin has to act like his job is on the line. He's in trouble without a coach supporting him.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 14, 2012 at 16:28.

Lol. Thats What I Just Said And You Called Me A Troll. Stfu Rofl

Lol. Thats What I Just Said And You Called Me A Troll. Stfu Rofl
    LOL - still don't think your posting advice to Lin - or adding to the topic! MUAHAHAHA