Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idiots

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Melo lost it when he missed the clutch foul shot. He used to be clutch, not lately. We always win in spite of MDA, you can blame him for every loss.
    Exactly...

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    LOL...

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Melo lost it when he missed the clutch foul shot. He used to be clutch, not lately. We always win in spite of MDA, you can blame him for every loss.
    That's for sure, no doubt he put the dagger in his own team by missing that free throw, same for stat with the late turnover. But, the game was lost long before that unfortunately. The offense was what fans were waiting for all season long, but the defense was.....lazy, uncommitted, low-pressure-no-rebounding awfulness, which is really upsetting for everyone because the offense was spot-on.

Originally Posted by K.R.U.L.
    Thanks...

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I think what really make them unstoppable is that they have all this energy from NOT playing Defense......did you not watch the same game ?

What pisses me off most about Melo is when he wants to turn on it he can....so why not do it all game ??????

as for Stat even Clyde was ragging on him.......
    hmmmmmmmm
    HE LETS GUYS GO RIGHT BY HIM...WHY ?????????????
    When MDA is fired we'll hire a defensive minded coach. (I hope its Laimbeer) At that point we'll probably practice defensive schemes so that STAT has a better understanding and feel out there...

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I get the frustration with posters.

But, in the case of the accused, merit is earned, not expected. A clock ticking against the league's most underachieving team in a short season results in short fuses and frustration, as you've shown. Regardless of which side of the fence you're sitting on however, both sides have valid points and there is no real mediator other than the results we get out of those that we bicker about.

I for the life of me cant put much blame on the players for the losses as they continue to pile up. There is just too much talent on this team for it to have started 8-15 and now they're 18-22. Are STAT and Melo flawed? Maybe. But they have talents.

The only players I've ever seen that could do everything well was Bird and Clyde. They played defense, rebounded, scored and could shoot. They both were also smart players. I'll wait for the upcoming coaching change before I judge these players...

Originally Posted by Knicks#7
    Thanks...

the knicks were missing their two tallest big guys against the best rebounding team in the NBA, now MDA shoulda put in jordan in the first and second....

STAT went 27 & 11 playing center tho...he's not playing center every night. I know it's the unpopular thing to point out, but it's not the type of thing you can over look.

He showed his post game last night...when he turned his back to Gooden, drove baseline, very quickly went no where, charging foul, turn over.

You gotta make a choice, do you want Chandler out of STAT's way, so no more offensive boards, I assume his 68% field goal percentage comes down because he's not operating under the rim, but STAT can set those high picks, crash the lane, and attack the basket with less bodies in the paint.

Or is this what you want?: @ 1:50

An Amar'e that fashions himself as a perimeter & inside player, next to Chandler. I'm sorry, when has he ever been a perimeter player? He can't create for himself, he doesn't create for others. He's a 'set the pick, run hard to the rim, get the ball, explode' player. He's a run the court and attack the D before it's set player. Last year he hit those 16-18 foot shots when centers didn't want to close out and contest, but 1) power forwards will, and 2) he's not a knock down jump shooter, it's not a go-to aspect of his game. Relying on that for 16 games in the playoffs? No thanks.

I know we're supposed to love STAT and hate Melo; or love both regardless; or hate both, regardless, depending on what faction of people you're talking about on here....but I'm waiting for STAT to have 3 good games in a row, with Chandler on the court, before I'm on board with him being in a Knicks uniform at 33 making $23M.

His numbers even dipped from 25.2ppg & 9.1 boards in the '07-'08 season, to 21.4 ppg & 8.1 boards in the '08-'09 season when Terry Porter had Shaq and was employing a slower, more traditional offense. Porter gets fired, Shaq traded, Alvin Gentry goes back to the uptempo system, and what happens? 23.1 ppg & 8.9 boards.

He finished up the season averaging 25.3 ppg on 53% shooting in Feb; 27.3 ppg on 55% shooting in March; and 26.4 ppg on 58% shooting in April.

Then we all know what he did on the Knicks last year with his 25.3 ppg, 8.2 rebounds, and 50% shooting.

But this season it falls off nasty in terms of scoring and scoring efficiency, since he's still averaging 8.2 rebounds. Is it a pure chance that it happens to coincide with when we got a true 5 in Chandler? Yea there was the the "extra weight" and loss of explosiveness, but that only manifested itself when he was getting demolished at the rim....how often was he even trying to get to the rim with Tyson on the court? I remember a lot of poor jump shots.

He has no go to post shot, he doesn't have the footwork and the push or hook shots, so do we move Tyson aside and run the "offense" that STAT is comfortable with, or do we put him in the post and let him operate like a fish out of water?

Which terrible choice do we have a consensus with, from the masses?
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Mar 10, 2012 at 13:26.