Idiots

I've been a kinder, gentler C & P this year. I've avoided cussing at anyone. Pointing fingers at posters and disrespecting them. But I just got to cut this one loose. Mods I hope this doesnt get me banned. BUT:

All you guys wanting to trade STAT & Melo are fools. Blithering ****ing idiots. You guys in the game thread talking these guys down need to quit it. You guys making these trade posts need to step back from the keyboard and think, if that minuscule brain will allow it.

Melo is flawed somewhat defensively. STAT even more so.

STAT went for 27 & 11 tonight. Shot 11-15 and I'm reading this idiocy about trade him. WTF?

Melo did all he could tonight. He missed a foul shot down 3. So what we werent winning this game anyway.

Want to know why we lost tonight? Lets start with MELO PLAYING POWER FORWARD.

I know everyone is upset with all the losing lately, me included. But give it a rest.

We got these two guys because for the most part THEY CANT BE DEFENDED. Now lets use them properly and see what happens...

Last edited:

udgnim

Rookie
Knicks problem isn't offense. It's defense which requires 4 quarters of effort, not just 1 half of a quarter.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Are you proposing a new offensive scheme that would allow Melo and Stat do what they want? Hadn't we tried that before?

mr-freeze.gif

Chill, alot of the hate is from new posters to the site, we all know we cant play half as good as these guys and its their job to get better.Bottom line whether MDA is coach or not, we cant get any worse.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I've been a kinder, gentler C & P this year. I've avoided cussing at anyone. Pointing fingers at posters and disrespecting them. But I just got to cut this one loose. Mods I hope this doesnt get me banned. BUT:

All you guys wanting to trade STAT & Melo are fools. Blithering ****ing idiots. You guys in the game thread talking these guys down need to quit it. You guys making these trade posts need to step back from the keyboard and think, if that minuscule brain will allow it.

STAT went for 27 & 11 tonight. Shot 11-15 and I'm reading this idiocy about trade him. WTF?

Melo did all he could tonight. He missed a foul shot down 3. So what we werent winning this game anyway.

I know everyone is upset with all the losing lately, me included. But give it a rest.

We got these two guys because for the most part THEY CANT BE DEFENDED. Now lets use them properly and see what happens...
This is some real sh*t.

:gony:

KingofNy

Starter

Stat played NO defense again.

Stat was responsible for at least 10 turnovers from fumbling the ball off of the pick and roll, charging into defenders and consistently is out of position to catch the outlet pass resulting in a ton of turnovers for the rest of our team, especially Lin, because the dude can't catch an open pass.

How many of Stat's points were because of a nice pass from Lin or Davis that left him for a wide open dunk/layup? lol almost all of them.

Can Stat make a covered shot anymore? HELL NO. He's playing like George Muresan out there.

I really should make a highlight tape of Stat's defensive performance the last month or so. It's getting to the point where the Knicks would be better off just leaving him on the opponents basket and let him cherry pick all game. That's pretty much how he's scoring now. Dude can't hit a jumper to save his life. He also can't create his own shot to save his life. He can't defend to save his life. So what does he do for us that makes him worth 100M? Catch sweet passes from Lin and Baron for easy dunks?

Damn I wish I was Stat, what an easy a$$ job. I bet you were happy the other night after Stat said "the old Stat is back!" after looking like goof-troop and his Knicks getting blown out. The dude is a joke and cares more about what his personal chef is cooking for breakfast tomorrow than he does about this team or this city. If you believe otherwise you are BLIND. We need defense much more than we need a one-dimensional scorer that only can score when he's wide the hell open. Trade this loser now!

petescud

Starter
as bad as our defense was today Dantoni lost this game. He had at least 5 minutes in the 4th to tell everyone to drive to the basket and get fouled as they were in the penalty. I think we got only like 2 chances instead of say 7 chances. Make them foul you. The good coaches know this. Sadly there is only a thin line to coaching. Either you know it or you squander opportunity (like Dantoni)...the 4 or so points we lost by could had easilly been made up at the free throw line and we would had been taking last second foul shots instead of them. These are the games that piss me off. sorry

KingofNy

Starter
as bad as our defense was today Dantoni lost this game. He had at least 5 minutes in the 4th to tell everyone to drive to the basket and get fouled as they were in the penalty. I think we got only like 2 chances instead of say 7 chances. Make them foul you. The good coaches know this. Sadly there is only a thin line to coaching. Either you know it or you squander opportunity (like Dantoni)...the 4 or so points we lost by could had easilly been made up at the free throw line and we would had been taking last second foul shots instead of them. These are the games that piss me off. sorry

Melo lost it when he missed the clutch foul shot. He used to be clutch, not lately. We always win in spite of MDA, you can blame him for every loss.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Melo lost it when he missed the clutch foul shot. He used to be clutch, not lately. We always win in spite of MDA, you can blame him for every loss.

Melo missed the dunk and then the FT. But the game was lost at the defensive end when Bucks had two putbacks for easy basket.

Ersan Ilyasova, seriuosly?? We let a scrub like Iiyasova beat us.

KingofNy

Starter
Melo missed the dunk and then the FT. But the game was lost at the defensive end when Bucks had two putbacks for easy basket.

Ersan Ilyasova, seriuosly?? We let a scrub like Iiyasova beat us.

What else is new? I knew after the first half that we were going to lose this game. We were playing NO D and hitting everything in the first half and only led by a few and the Bucks scored almost all their points on us in the paint on easy baskets. I knew the shots eventually wouldn't fall for us and that our D would only get worse in the 2nd half.

ocsug.jpg

K.R.U.L.

Rookie

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

wian

Benchwarmer
I agree with the posters here regarding our Defense. Its woeful of late... I dont know home many offensive rebounds the Bucks got today that they shouldnt have. And no team is going to go deep in the playoffs giving up 100 + points.

We have to get a heap better defensively to have a realistic chance. Good defense leads to easy offense

I think that Mello isnt good in the clutch as he used to be. I said against San Antonio how poor his free throw shooting has been this season, and he missed a clutch free throw again today....

Anyway, heres hoping we can turn it around as the season progresses as we certainly have talent on the squad... Whether MDA has the coaching skills to turn it around remains to be seen

JS3

Benchwarmer
Simple equation

Simple equation

Melo & STAT out, 7 win streak

Melo & STAT in (+Tyson & JJ out) 4 Losing streak

Do not get me wrong, i have a lot of respect to STAT & Melo, but its mind blowing.

i remember against the Nets, that Melo had to go out with the groin and no Stat, just thought that the season is pretty much over, and then from nowhere, the guys just played hard, JJ earned a new respect in the garden and as a Knick,
JLIN erupted, Tyson controlled the D, Novakaine, and the amazing posts of, Mike D deserves an apology.

if we are not making any big move 'till the 15(Melo, STAT) and, we are not making any change in the coaching area, then we pretty much can kiss this season goodbye, and it pisses me off!

i saw this forum during the 7 winning streak, people spoke that it was the best they felt from the Knicks in years, and it wasn't because of the winnings only, its about the heart, and rigght now? no heart, mainly from our 2 Superstars, yes they are trying to fit, but they cant, i dont think that STAT can make it with other coach, JVG, Phil J or others will not stand the lack of effort(that we can all see)on D, Melo will be Melo, but i think that George Karl is pretty much happy not having Melo, we need a big coach that can handle Superstars, we need a coach that will bench STAT(and not a hero coach that is benching our No.1 defensive guard because he is "not focused")

you cant fire players, coach you can, i think that Dolan is giving the chance because Mike D contract, until then, its like we are hostages of this Knick,
we must see the games, 'cause we love them, but i know the organization is playing us right now with doing shit...

PS
Mike D, it got nothing to do with practices, and i happy that we got a chance to do so for the last week or so, its about you not being men enough to stand in front of your SuperStars players and shout or, god forbidden, coach

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony took so many bad shots- he really specializes in getting the ball, holding it for five seconds, and then doing an off balance turnaround jumper from a bad angle and barely htiting the rim- that's his shot. Or else he chucks up a three pointer with 15 seconds left on the shot clock- anything rather than keep the flow of the ball movement going until they get a good shot. Anthony is very over-rated- he is not a good team player, and his shot selection is awful. They should trade Anthony for a player with good defense and rebounding who can also fit in with a fast-paced game,. if they can get one.

skisloper

Starter

I think what really make them unstoppable is that they have all this energy from NOT playing Defense......did you not watch the same game ?

What pisses me off most about Melo is when he wants to turn on it he can....so why not do it all game ??????

as for Stat even Clyde was ragging on him.......
hmmmmmmmm
HE LETS GUYS GO RIGHT BY HIM...WHY ?????????????

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I get the frustration with posters.

But, in the case of the accused, merit is earned, not expected. A clock ticking against the league's most underachieving team in a short season results in short fuses and frustration, as you've shown. Regardless of which side of the fence you're sitting on however, both sides have valid points and there is no real mediator other than the results we get out of those that we bicker about.

Knicks#7

Rookie
:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed: