Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

How can you coach this?
    Soft overpaid one dimensional want-to-be superstars who can't even rank up in the top 30.

When you give up 17 offensive rebounds and get out rebounded the whole game, don't expect to win. Also Lin's man defense is not the best and he will get beat by top guards just like everyone else does, particularly if there is no help defense. He has GREAT defensive instincts otherwise however; Ginobili like, moves into the right spots and gets a lot of steals (2.4 since the first Nets game I believe, would be 2nd in the league). In this possession he defended about as well as you could possibly hope for, but Whack and Jello are liabilities on D. At least someone on the team wants to be a leader and win...thats def not Jello and Whack.

Imagine if the Knicks never traded for Melo

Glen Robinson/Whackimire. The most pathetic "superstar" duo in the history of the NBA. 
    Last edited by metrocard; Mar 10, 2012 at 07:59.

Superstar

Was he yelling at STAT?Go lin, go, lol.That's what these guys need, god knows the coach won't do it.I'm glad i missed this one, because i had to take out my lady.

I know Stat & Melo are scorers, but really, their feet never left the ground.

I hope Lin takes charge and tells them.

This play was odd because Since there was an airball, Amare boxed out Gooden, and Melo seemed to try to double where he thought the ball was going, I guess thinking that there was no time for a pass and shoot- the whole double tip thing was so perfectly executed as the clock expired.. even Clyde said the bucks were really lucky here.. seems we can't get a break of late. (Not trying to make excuses for these guys tho they played terribly all game on D)

But yea this play will haunt me for a long time and this Ilyasova guy is a beast on the boards, anyone see his 20+/ 25 rebound game (13 offensive) against NJ?? Supposedly they might trade him.

Lol i am looking at it now and honestly in the garden they may have called this a 24 second violation.. its sooooooooo close - How does this type of stuff always happen to us of late!

Carmelo Anthony took so many bad shots- he really specializes in getting the ball, holding it for five seconds, and then doing an off balance turnaround jumper from a bad angle and barely htiting the rim- that's his shot. Or else he chucks up a three pointer with 15 seconds left on the shot clock- anything rather than keep the flow of the ball movement going until they get a good shot. Anthony is very over-rated- he is not a good team player, and his shot selection is awful. They should trade Anthony for a player with good defense and rebounding who can also fit in with a fast-paced game,. if they can get one.

Superstar

That was an air ball that came right to Gooden and he tipped it. That happens all the time. This NY media has really hyped Lin up to the point were he thinks he can yell at guys that are proven all stars for the last decade. Jennings was lighting him up most of the game and no one said anything to him. What about when he was getting 8 or 9 TOs a game and Miami made him look like a child. Melo and Stat didn't scream at him, they encouraged him and told him to keep his head up. Lin needs to work on his handles and focus on being a pass first PG and not let this Linsanity bull**** get to this head.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    That was an air ball that came right to Gooden and he tipped it. That happens all the time. This NY media has really hyped Lin up to the point were he thinks he can yell at guys that are proven all stars for the last decade. Jennings was lighting him up most of the game and no one said anything to him. What about when he was getting 8 or 9 TOs a game and Miami made him look like a child. Melo and Stat didn't scream at him, they encouraged him and told him to keep his head up. Lin needs to work on his handles and focus on being a pass first PG and not let this Linsanity bull**** get to this head.
    Completely agree here. Nice points but seriously I'm shocked D'antoni hasn't chewed out amare the past 2 games, all he does is waste time yellling at the refs! Imagine how tony douglas feels after getting made an example of all of last year?

Veteran

How can you bitch and moan that LIN has the balls to open his mouth....we complain about the same thing every game....He is the PG and floor leader I am glad he opened his mouth since Dantonio doesnt.....As long as what he says is the truth how can one argue

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    How can you bitch and moan that LIN has the balls to open his mouth....we complain about the same thing every game....He is the PG and floor leader I am glad he opened his mouth since Dantonio doesnt.....As long as what he says is the truth how can one argue
    Exactly what i said, someone do it, because C'ANToni won't.

Superstar

There's a lot of times when I feel Melo and Stat should be yelled at for their play but not on that play. That was just a weird play that benefited the Bucks. Those happen from time to time, there's nothing that can be done about it. Stat boxed Gooden out, how was he supposed to know it was gonna be an air ball that would go right to Gooden. If anything he should of been yelled at for that travel.

Because he was wrong, they didn't do anything wrong here.. it was freak play, unlike the play right before that , where lin threw the ball over amares head.. and cost us the game also

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    While i agree the media has gone way overboard, with this LINMANIA, lins mistake come of effort plays, while STAT gives zero effort on the defensive end, that's why most of lins mistake are given a pass, and STAT's aren't.

This team really just needs a hardass coach who doesnt stop yelling at them, like Doc rivers or Stan V. Its that simple.. I think it would do wonders for guys like Melo who dont want their feelings hurt

Originally Posted by fender0577
    While i agree the media has gone way overboard, with this LINMANIA, lins mistake come of effort plays, while STAT gives zero effort on the defensive end, that's why most of lins mistake are given a pass, and STAT's aren't.
    I agree with you , so yell at him at a time when you see him dogging it, not on a freak buzzer beater tip in where they really don't wanna commit a foul and your back is to the play so u couldnt even see what happened!