Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

Superstar

Originally Posted by FireCoachD
    I agree with you , so yell at him at a time when you see him dogging it, not on a freak buzzer beater tip in where they really don't wanna commit a foul and your back is to the play so u couldnt even see what happened!
    I just think, it has been building up over time, but i agree, that wasn't the time to do it.

I think I might be the only one here but I am actually pretty happy with the effort I saw last nite. This is the most cohesion i have seen with Melo, Stat, and Lin. Lin/ Baron together looked damn good at times. I think the bucks had a lot of luck at times with some really bad 3 point shots, and the refs were on their side for sure. I also think Stat played pretty well, he was more aggresive and had a nice big + rating. I think Chandler's Hammy injury will give the Wrist time to heal so he will be more of an offensive force again! , So, not everything is looking down guys..

I am also starting to see Novak as somewhat as a liability as his rebounds for minutes are just pathetic as a forward. If Chandler is not in the lineup, I don't think we can have Novak on the floor, unless we are down a lot and have no choice.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

This isn't really about the play exactly, Melo and Amare have consistently shown by their body language they're not into the game unless the ball is in their hands.

MELO didn't even MOVE. Thats what happens all the time. These guys are horrible playing off the ball, especially defensively.

Lin isn't hyped anymore, get over it. The media is currently sucking Manning, Sanchez and Kony off.
    Lin can YELL at lazy ass players, he established himself as a co-LEADER on the court in our win streak.

Jennings is a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA on average...He had 25 points together, some of those were on Lin some of those were on Davis. Thats expected and thats why no one said anything.

But when Michael Dunleavy Jr goes 10-16 FG 3-6 3pt on 25 points and Ersan hits 26 points ...you HAVE to question how much pride Glenn Robinson and Whackimire take in their game. You have to QUESTION will these guys ever take a leadership role on both sides of the court because they've been offensively inconsistent and defensively nonexistant.

Players like Lin will improve throughout time, he's only had about 50 games in his NBA career. But in those 50 games, Lin showed more balls and determination to win, hustle and will to work it out with his teammates than Melo or Amare has ever shown.

Lin is not Steve Nash, Lin is Lin, a SG converted into PG who can rank up a bunch of steals, assist, turnovers and points with an improving jumpshot.

Per 36 he's averaging 20.8 ppg 8.7 assist and 2.3 steals per game.

He's at rookie of the year level of play with guys like Irving and Rubio (even though I feel Irving and Rubio are superior players and will surpass guys like Rose and Westbrook in a couple of years).

Lin is great, and he's been great for us. His collapse against Miami was due to him trying to serve to Melo and Amare.

12th man

I think I might be the only one here but I am actually pretty happy with the effort I saw last nite. This is the most cohesion i have seen with Melo, Stat, and Lin. Lin/ Baron together looked damn good at times. I think the bucks had a lot of luck at times with some really bad 3 point shots, and the refs were on their side for sure. I also think Stat played pretty well, he was more aggresive and had a nice big + rating. I think Chandler's Hammy injury will give the Wrist time to heal so he will be more of an offensive force again! , So, not everything is looking down guys..

I am also starting to see Novak as somewhat as a liability as his rebounds for minutes are just pathetic as a forward. If Chandler is not in the lineup, I don't think we can have Novak on the floor, unless we are down a lot and have no choice.
    Dude...Novak is really a SF and never been a rebounder in his career.

and defensively, Melo/Amare together is a diaster. We were suppose to win tonight and this game can mark the beginning of our ending.

Cavs are improving immensely in each game they play, just beat the Thunder on an away game. Varejao is coming back into that rotation, led by Kyrie Irving, Cavs may very well take the 8th spot away from us.

This is a very concerning loss.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This isn't really about the play exactly, Melo and Amare have consistently shown by their body language they're not into the game unless the ball is in their hands.

MELO didn't even MOVE. Thats what happens all the time. These guys are horrible playing off the ball, especially defensively.

Lin isn't hyped anymore, get over it. The media is currently sucking Manning, Sanchez and Kony off.
    Lin can YELL at lazy ass players, he established himself as a co-LEADER on the court in our win streak.

Jennings is a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA on average...He had 25 points together, some of those were on Lin some of those were on Davis. Thats expected and thats why no one said anything.

But when Michael Dunleavy Jr goes 10-16 FG 3-6 3pt on 25 points and Ersan hits 26 points ...you HAVE to question how much pride Glenn Robinson and Whackimire take in their game. You have to QUESTION will these guys ever take a leadership role on both sides of the court because they've been offensively inconsistent and defensively nonexistant.

Players like Lin will improve throughout time, he's only had about 50 games in his NBA career. But in those 50 games, Lin showed more balls and determination to win, hustle and will to work it out with his teammates than Melo or Amare has ever shown.

Lin is not Steve Nash, Lin is Lin, a SG converted into PG who can rank up a bunch of steals, assist, turnovers and points with an improving jumpshot.

Per 36 he's averaging 20.8 ppg 8.7 assist and 2.3 steals per game.

He's at rookie of the year level of play with guys like Irving and Rubio (even though I feel Irving and Rubio are superior players and will surpass guys like Rose and Westbrook in a couple of years).

Lin is great, and he's been great for us. His collapse against Miami was due to him trying to serve to Melo and Amare.

Every thing you said is totally true, but I still don't think Lin needs to alienate his teamates a la Kobe etc.. hes building his rep right now, and doesn't need go around blasting people. If he just yelled, GODDAMNIT in frustration, im totally cool with that! but if hes yelling at them get a rebound you trash, then I'm pretty sure this is bad for their chemistry. I'm so tired of the whole Lin vs Melo vs Amare debate, We are stuck with these guys so I hope they can all get along and gel, and for the most part I liked what I saw last nite compared to the couple nights before that. Lets face it, Amare will always be the worst defender in the league, and no matter what kind of yelling from Lin, thats not gonna change, he just can't play D. But I don't think that means we can't go places, with JJ and Chandler healthy.

Also just curious Crazys is Lin even eligible for rookie of the year?

Dude...Novak is really a SF and never been a rebounder in his career.

and defensively, Melo/Amare together is a diaster. We were suppose to win tonight and this game can mark the beginning of our ending.

Cavs are improving immensely in each game they play, just beat the Thunder on an away game. Varejao is coming back into that rotation, led by Kyrie Irving, Cavs may very well take the 8th spot away from us.

This is a very concerning loss.
    I know that Novak has never done any rebounding, he also was never given minutes except in meaningless situations! - for the most part (Even though in limited time he was shooting out of this world)

Maybe these other coaches were onto something. That's all I'm saying. This is just a maybe, I am not sure at all .. but if hes only going to give us a couple threes a game, in lets say 20-25 min, hes def not worth having out there. But its really pathetic. He has 4 offensive rebounds this entire year, you would think by sheer luck more than that would hit him in the face by now at 6"10. - With no chandler in there, (I'm not sure how long this injury will last) I think Novak becomes a liability with Stat playing center. Thats all im sayin Brah!

Also just curious Crazys is Lin even eligible for rookie of the year?
    You're asking me, are you? Either way, no. He played minutes last year for GS.

He's second year and on the exact same contract as Fields.

================================

As far as Lin's reaction/outburst goes, that's just an escalation of countless effortlessness put forth on the glass by the Knicks' 2 faux superstars finally brimming over.

I hope it's brought up in the media, TBH.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    You're asking me, are you? Either way, no. He played minutes last year for GS.

He's second year and on the exact same contract as Fields.

================================

As far as Lin's reaction/outburst goes, that's just an escalation of countless effortlessness put forth on the glass by the Knicks' 2 faux superstars finally brimming over.

I hope it's brought up in the media, TBH.
    I know all about Lins history its been forcefed down my throat- just didn't know how much playing time the year before affects the award- as opposed to lets say baseball..

You can bet its gonna be kyree over rubio then.

Yep, Skip Bayless will vehemently defend Lin yelling while Stephen A will trollishly defend melo here.

12th man

To the point about having a new coach, maybe that can work. But its getting to the point this team just lacks that stability (Those intangibles that are consistent). Spurs been using the same formula, interestingly even with the change of game tempo and player.

I feel this team needs to BUILD a FRANCHISE instead of COLLECT high profile players.

Thunder are doing it. (Drafted Durant and Westbrook; two most thunderous prospects in the NBA, scoring duo that can play defense, Ibaka; best shotblocker/defender and one of the best athletes and physical specimens, and James Harden; Paul Pierce meets Manu Ginobili) Though a high scoring offensive team, their team is loaded with defensive players: Thabo, Perkins, Collison, Ivey

Bulls are doing it. (Built an elite defense in the NBA with the right coach, personnel and players, now an elite team in the East)

76ers are doing it. (Building the best defense in the NBA without a shotblocker, drafted two very good all around players and defenders in Holliday and Turner, got the best perimeter defender in the NBA in AI and by far the most consistent bench combination in the NBA in Williams and Young. They're not to the top level yet but they're on their way. Collins is a very underrated coach and the system in Philly is so damn consistent and effective.

T'Wovles are doing it. (Quite possibly the best young core in the NBA; Rubio, Love, Beasley, Willliams, Johnson, Randolph, Pekovic) Rubio and Love could be what Marbury and Garnett should of been. Currently 21-20 but showing a lot of flashes of greatness. They have a great coach in Aldeman.

Pacers are doing it. (Most underrated team in the NBA, very deep, only thing holding them back is lack of a superstar player and they have the pieces to acquire one.

Cavs are doing it. (Most underrated coach in the NBA is Byron Scott, and he got Cavs playing past expectations. Irving and Thompson aren't even close to their prime and they'll acquire another good player in the draft to bring them back to playoff contention.

Grizzlies are doing it. (no explainable needed here, you seen what they're capable of in the playoffs, only issue for them is health)

These are teams of the future in the NBA, seriously.

Lets assess this.

We have

Lin
    Shumpert

Both guys have their weaknesses, but are really truly capable of making an impact on this team. I like them both equally.

Dallas really MISSES Chandler, he's a top 2 defensive big man in the NBA, if he shot blocking rate was higher more people would rank him ahead of Dwight.

Chandler is about 29/30 years old, I'd say we have 3-4 years left of him at his prime. So we need to seriously get all we can get in those 3-4 years, which is why its so important to establish an image, build a franchise...let the NBA know what we're about..

We're currently last or second to last in turnovers. Theres obviously a problem, whether its D'Antoni, Melo, Amare, whoever.

I have no problem with blowing this up.

What hurts me most is that we could of been like The Thunder, Bulls, 76ers, T'Wolves, Pacers, Grizzlies...we had everything in place, cap space, no coach or system established, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mosgoz, future draft picks. It doesn't sound like a lot but it could of made us a more balanced team heading to a positive direction if we made a more logical than glamorous decision (D'Antoni, Melo, STAT are all glamour basketball guys to me).

I'm more about the grit, the heart, the hard work, motivation and dedication to the franchise.

I want to watch the Knicks and be motivated, not depressed.

We're currently not receiving that right now.

The whole Linsanity thing was just like taking one e-pill, incredible high, terrible low.

I feel this team needs to BUILD a FRANCHISE instead of COLLECT high profile players.
    For a team to make money in New York, you need high profile players. But to make high profile players work together as a team, you need a coach who is smart enough to come up with the right system.

The Knicks are a 2012 version of the Milwaukee Bucks of the mid 90's. Carmelo Anthony is Glenn Robinson and Amar'e Stoudemire is Vin Baker. When Robinson and Baker were both playing for the Bucks the Bucks averaged 31 wins a season even though they had two borderline all stars on their roster.

What confuses me about all of this is how both Melo and Amar'e were the main scorer on teams that made it to the Western Conference Finals not so long ago but they come to the Knicks and look like completely different players. I guess it all comes down to certain stars not being able to coexist with eachother or them not having the right roster built around them.

If the Knicks miss the playoffs this year they need to trade Melo or Amar'e in the offseason. But I would trade Amar'e before Melo if there is a team that is willing to take on his contract.

12th man

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    For a team to make money in New York, you need high profile players. But to make high profile players work together as a team, you need a coach who is smart enough to come up with the right system.

Well I witness a lineup of Howard Eisley - Shandon Anderson - Lee Nalion - Clarence Weatherspoon - Othella Harrington making a lot of money for the Knicks. Knicks are probably one of the two or three teams in the NBA who profit from what I remember, rest of the teams lose money every year.
    So it can be me and the rest of the KO.com forum crew circle jerking each other off and the Garden will sell out.

Veteran

^^^^ Very nice, Metro.

The silver lining is we never would have gotten Lin, if it wasn't for this series of unfortunate events, spanning years.

It really looks like Melo is just a happy ho' out there, chill getting his dollars and limelight, even when he is getting ****ed by opposing teams' players.

Amare is just a trainwreck, no matter how you dice it. The way he yaps his mouth up and down, his entire "brand". **** this gimp, vaginal aura these fools have brought.

Truthfully, I still hold out hope for Melo...that he can perform a Paul Pierce transformation. But, I assumed having a true leader and defensive maestro like Chandler would have already facilitated that process.

We are but another vintage James Dolan, Isiah'esque franchise.....just not the full disgrace those clowns always brought to us, because for a temporary time we had a man running the show with brains, who radically undid their damages and drafted well.

Doesn't look like we will. But nothing would make me happier than going balls to the wall in trying to trade STAT. Get the cap relief, get a 1st rounder, get any complimentary SF/PF.

Pretty much any of the upcoming PFs in FA would be superior fits for us. ****, Kris ****ing Humphries would be a step for us at this point.

It's sad man. We had a golden window to build a true juggernaut -- and it was a necessary time, as MIA played our asses like tricks, and teams like the Bulls and Thunder had been slowly but surely building winners for years.