Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

munco

Benchwarmer
I don't know if I have it in me to listen to Stephen A right now, but he was basically saying that Lin was ok but that the Knicks needed to adjust when Melo came back.

He back handedly was basically stating that Lin was a borderline scrub and that Melo was still an elite superstar. It was pretty pathetic how he was trying to backhandedly down play Lin's great play while at the same time overrate how great Melo's game.

munco

Benchwarmer
I don't know if I have it in me to listen to Stephen A right now, but he was basically saying that Lin was ok but that the Knicks needed to adjust when Melo came back.

He back handedly was basically stating that Lin was a borderline scrub and that Melo was still an elite superstar. It was pretty pathetic how he was trying to backhandedly down play Lin's great play while at the same time overrate how great Melo's game.

I meant to add this was on that show that ESPN show First Take. Not sure who is more annoying Skip Bayless or Stephen A.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Kenny Smith talking to Stephen A Smith on the Radio right now.

Jeremy Lin needs to learn to say No - To Amare to Carmelo etc..

The same thing many of us have been saying.

Thats not even the problem. The problem is Jeremy Lin (and the rest of the world) can't make those two play defence and hustle.

The points/shots will come in abundance if we can play better defence and force turnovers.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Now its all about 1-2 more rebounds. We got destroyed on rebounds as a team. Though I expect more rebounds from the max cats. 38 million dollars should buy us at least 10 more rebounds. I think it was like 75+ rebounds to 30+ late into the 3rd quarter or early 4th. Gibson was a gamechanger on the boards. Seen Melo walk and not rebound or try several times vs the Bulls.

So many 2nd 3rd 4th attempts cuz Bulls hustled to rebound.

I'm pretty, disappointed in the poor TO by Lin late - he went back into his shell. Easily could have kept the ball and driven in or shot outside the arc.

I'm much more comfortable seeing him shoot then Landry. I have yet to see Landry hit a 3, ever. If he did I wasn't paying attention.

Still seeing a lack of desire by Lin to keep the ball - also frustrating that Lin isn't taking more shots outside just driving in - I like the aggressive drives in - but he shouldn't give up his shot.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Now its all about 1-2 more rebounds. We got destroyed on rebounds. Gibson was a gamechanger on the boards.

So many 2nd 3rd 4th attempts cuz Bulls hustled to rebound.

Its ironic because we would have so many more shot attempts too if we actually hustled.

Melo and Stat don't realise that do they.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I'm pretty, disappointed in the poor TO by Lin late - he went back into his shell. Easily could have kept the ball and driven in or shot outside the arc.

I'm much more comfortable seeing him shoot then Landry. I have yet to see Landry hit a 3, ever. If he did I wasn't paying attention.

Still seeing a lack of desire by Lin to keep the ball - also frustrating that Lin isn't taking more shots outside just driving in - I like the aggressive drives in - but he shouldn't give up his shot.

I prefer Lin as the facilitator. He was doing a decent job today without forcing the pass. For Knicks to win, their PGs should not be taking too many shots.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Its ironic because we would have so many more shot attempts too if we actually hustled.

Melo and Stat don't realise that do they.

I don't think so yet. Carmelo and Amare (3rebounds) were crushing me. I caught Carmelo walking and refusing to jump for rebounds.

Though I think JR Smith really screwed up our mood - with his play. turnovers for easy Bulls scores. Thats 2-3 attempts we could have scored. He gave the Bulls free points. And then he misses easy layup. so technically 2 pts for sure he missed on ez layup. and 2-6pts potentially we could have scored on offense. And minimum 4 pts surrendered to Bulls on TO.

Next to Amare's 3 rebounds and Carmelo's refusal to rebound every single damn play. there is enough fail. Though I think BD and others including LANDRY get their share in terms of rebounds - and Landry throwing up those 3pts outside the arc.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I prefer Lin as the facilitator. He was doing a decent job today without forcing the pass. For Knicks to win, their PGs should not be taking too many shots.

I'll have to disagree.

Dallas win - Lin busting shots over Dirk and Marion - AT WILL.

Lakers - Lin busting shots over Pau Gasol like he was born to do it. Kobe demanding to defend Lin in the final 5 minutes.

Lin staring down 20,000 Raptor fans and Calderon to slide dagger into hearts of the Toronto team.

He was facilitating there and passing with ease- he is more natural when he is aggressively driving and shooting.

We played more of his pace against the Bulls today - though we started stagnating with ISO play by Melo and Shumpert.

If you noticed when we are dominating enemy teams and they are fouling like crazy we are playing with D'antoni's mindset and running on Jeremy Lin drive which is TEAMBALL. The guy doesn't care about stats- he hated the d-league aspect where the boxscore and #s were the most important. He only cares about winning.

I agree with his TEAM and WIN FIRST mindset. Whatever it takes.

Do you want a Westbrook the scores 40 pts while Durant score 50pts? or do you want to try to frame Lin into his $6,000 dollars a game salary? I just think that a lot of people need to remember that Lin is only 20+ games into his 1st year starting and he wont get the benefit of a real schedule and the # of games and the practices inbetween those games that he normally would. He has the next 10-15+ years to mature and improve his game. What kind of player do you ASSUME he will be or WANT him to be.

I think he has demonstrated killer-instinct and aggression that is rare. When he actually gets some guidance and support from the organization and confidence in being just himself and not having to live up to anyone else's expectation he will make a quantum leap.

Lin having a scary presence on the court only makes it easier for the rest of his team to score - that is what I'm getting at.

Last edited:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Lin having a scary presence on the court only makes it easier for the rest of his team to score - that is what I'm getting at.

I am all for a Lintimidator.

You and I just disagree on how that gets done. I think a Steve Nash would be far more scary than a scorer. You want Lin to be a scorer first and distributor when he can. Sure it would be nice if Lin can play like Rose but he isn't.

From what we've seen so far, Lin can prolong his career if he can refine his passing skills and limit his TOs. He has high bball IQ to grow into one of the elite PG in this league. I don't really see any upside for Lin to focus on his scoring. Just my :2cents:

kinein

Benchwarmer
I am all for a Lintimidator.

You and I just disagree on how that gets done. I think a Steve Nash would be far more scary than a scorer. You want Lin to be a scorer first and distributor when he can. Sure it would be nice if Lin can play like Rose but he isn't.

From what we've seen so far, Lin can prolong his career if he can refine his passing skills and limit his TOs. He has high bball IQ to grow into one of the elite PG in this league. I don't really see any upside for Lin to focus on his scoring. Just my :2cents:

I think he should do both :) He's asian and went to Harvard. Can do mentality ;) Basketball IQ + Work Ethic + Heart + Known Killer Instinct + Aggression.

I'll translate it like this, if he can block Derrick Rose against the board and tie Chandler in BLOCKS - and steal the ball from Rose (MID-SPIN) - if you remember the speed article Rose is the FASTEST guy in the spin.

He can score. ^_^ He also has the fastest release-time on the team when it comes to shooting.

But I totally don't want to diminish the Nash aspect - but he is not going to be Nash he will resemble Nash in certain parts of his game but not entirely.

Do I think he can be ROSE? I'm not sure - I think a lot of it has to do with how he progresses with his weight-training, plyo, functional training, etc. He only began serious weight-training during the lock-out. He could only squat 100lbs prior to that. I can take any guy and have them squat 200lbs in 3 months, just like I can take any guy and have them rep 225lbs in 3 months. I expect Jeremy Lin to surpass his newbie gains from this last -lockout period- over the course of this season and next season and beyond. It usually takes 2-3+ years to really start to see the results of a dedicated training program for fitness. But he can make dramatic leaps and bounds there.

On the other hand the other stuff- some of it is innate, can't teach him court-vision or feel for when to steal etc - Jeffries Shumpert and it seems Amare just know when to do that stuff ~ his shot can be coached and worked on, passing choices he will learn in-game and video review ~ and it seems like there are several factors that all will work to make him an even better factor.

Although a part of me would love to see him play with Kobe - I think there is a 1000% chance that MSG will refuse to let him go. They have access to all of Asia. From what I understand people in Europe, Australia, and South America are also watching the Knicks because of Lin so- I think Lin is here to stay. The guys too valuable - the Return on Investment is off the charts and access to China where 200 million people watched Yao Ming play 1 nba game - as a businessman - the money tree must be closely guarded.

Derrick Rose as 306 games under his belt, Lin has ehhh 20-25? I'm too lazy to check. So far so good and I'm very optimistic - really feels like the Knicks are over a hump in terms of chemistry and effort ~ now its time to fine tune and really work on the remaining factors.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Lin is a good player. He's not as quick or strong as most other guards on defense but he makes up for it with his hustle and his IQ.

I think that he can be like a taller version of Jameer Nelson.

metrocard

Legend
Lets see how Denver is doing without Melo

Pre-Melo trade (57 games):
47% FG, 39% 3p, 78% FT, 40.9 reb, 21.2 ast, 6.9 stl, 4.0 blk, 13.8 to, 107.6 ppg

Post-Melo trade
(after 11 games):
49% FG, 40% 3p, 72% FT, 45.8 reb, 25.8 ast, 8.7 stl, 4.8 blk, 14.0 to, 108.6 ppg
(after 14 games):
48% FG, 38% 3p, 74% FT, 45.3 reb, 24.9 ast, 8.7 stl, 4.9 blk, 13.9 to, 107.0 ppg
(after 19 games):
48% FG, 39% 3p, 72% FT, 44.9 reb, 24.6 ast, 9.1 stl, 5.2 blk, 13.9 to, 106.6 ppg

Comments:
+ All defensive stats are better... great increase in rebounds, steals and blocks
+ Increase the field goal efficiency and assist (better flow of the ball in offense)
- Decrease free throw percentage

Opponents Pre-Melo trade (57 games):
46% FG, 35% 3p, 75% FT, 41.9 reb, 22.9 ast, 7.1 stl, 6.0 blk, 12.6 to, 105.2 ppg

Opponents Post-Melo trade
(after 11 games):
45% FG, 31% 3p, 77% FT, 37.0 reb, 21.9 ast, 8.4 stl, 5.5 blk, 13.9 to, 95.3 ppg
(after 14 games):
44% FG, 32% 3p, 76% FT, 38.4 reb, 20.9 ast, 8.3 stl, 6.2 blk, 14.6 to, 94.7 ppg
(after 19 games):
44% FG, 31% 3p, 76% FT, 39.4 reb, 20.5 ast, 8.2 stl, 5.9 blk, 14.7 to, 94.8 ppg

Comments:
+ Great defense
+ Point allowed has been reduced by 10 ppg
+ Opponents turnover increased
- Opponent steals increased (probably by increased pace because the Denver turnover is increased only from 13.8 to 13.9)

RECORD 15-4 (9 Home (9-0) - 10 Road (6-4))

The SOS (Average winning percentage of opponents played) in the last 19 games is of 0.509

knicksin60

Starter
Melo isn't a winner. He is probably the Michael Jordan of overrated players. Which means that he is the greatest at being overrated. I tried to defend him in the past but it is impossible to continue defending a player that has such a losing mentality and is everything that a great player is not. At this point in his career Anthony would probably be a bench player or a third scoring option on a playoff team like the Thunder. He is just as lazy and effortless as Jerome James on the defensive end, he makes all the players around him worst, when he isn't scoring he is as useless as Amar'e Stoudemire and he is robbing the Knicks with his ridiculous contract. The only thing good that Carmelo did in his career was score a lot of points and sell a lot of jerseys.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He doesn't:

Since Anthony returned on Feb. 20, the Knicks are averaging 109.8 points per 100 possessions with Anthony off the floor and just 97.6 points per 100 possessions with him on the floor.

Even worse, they are allowing 107.1 points per 100 possessions with Anthony on the floor and just 95.1 points per 100 with him off the floor.

They're also shooting 5.6 percent better with Anthony off the floor. With Anthony on the floor, opponents are shooting 4.5 percent higher. Yikes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks

iSaYughh

Starter
^ Which is why you don't knee jerk and change D'antoni.

Either Melo plays like a professional and adapts, or you ditch his ass. Just like what happened with Sloan and Deron.

edit -- and Deron was still performing elite

kinein

Benchwarmer
^ Which is why you don't knee jerk and change D'antoni.

Either Melo plays like a professional and adapts, or you ditch his ass. Just like what happened with Sloan and Deron.

edit -- and Deron was still performing elite

Agree, these guys screaming to change D'antoni refuse to acknowledge the deficiencies in Amare and Carmelo.

They also refuse to acknowledge that other teams do play defense and rebound.

The Bulls are a phenomenal rebounding team. It appears the Bucks also can send just one guy and he will outrebound our team.

It pisses me off how much Carmelo and Amare are paid and how they perform vs players making drastically less.
* not 1 D'antoni hater or blind melo/amare supporter wants to tackle that head on. They refuse to even address the lack of hustle. They don't even want to describe what 38$ million dollars is supposed to be valued on the court. a quarter of a million dollars per 48 minutes. What does it look like? is it just some shots? because I can pay steve novak 10million and get more- if we are just talking offense.

Knicks can't contend with Miami and Bulls without hustle on both sides of the ball. You can't coach desire and commitment. That has to come from within and even if you pour millions on these max cats ~ it seems nothing will inspire them - they aren't hungry like its their last shot in the NBA.

Jeremy Lin makes 6000$ a game and he hustles from the beginning to the end. He hits the ground more than any other Knick - though Chandler, Jeffries and Shumpert also hustle!!!!

I want to see what 38 MILLION DOLLARS worth of HUSTLE looks like. Because I don't see even 1000$ of hustle from the max cats.