Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ I can honestly say the Fantasy League crew have been going hard, and with all that we spend a lot of time scouting other teams for productive players. Its disturbing to see us not being as competitive as other teams we the assets are there...its a serious problem.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well I witness a lineup of Howard Eisley - Shandon Anderson - Lee Nalion - Clarence Weatherspoon - Othella Harrington making a lot of money for the Knicks. Knicks are probably one of the two or three teams in the NBA who profit from what I remember, rest of the teams lose money every year.
    So it can be me and the rest of the KO.com forum crew circle jerking each other off and the Garden will sell out.
    LOL. And it would probably be more entertaining than Stat and Melo on defense.

My point is that high profile players are often needed to make a team more entertaining to watch but in reality, you need role players to make a system work. Just look at San Antonio Spurs. Even with Duncan in wheelchairs and Gnobili barely playing, they still have the second best record in the Western Conference.

I am all in for more boring basketball JVG style.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    LOL. And it would probably be more entertaining than Stat and Melo on defense.

My point is that high profile players are often needed to make a team more entertaining to watch but in reality, you need role players to make a system work. Just look at San Antonio Spurs. Even with Duncan in wheelchairs and Gnobili barely playing, they still have the second best record in the Western Conference.

I am all in for more boring basketball JVG style.
    The Spurs style of basketball of late is pretty fast / exciting the same way D'antoni preaches. The difference is they actually execute!

Superstar

Honestly, I know people like Melo and Amar'e, and they keep defending them, but HONESTLY. Lets say, we had no knowledge of there previous seasons, or how they played in the past.. No one would EVER think they are 20 million a year superstar players based on this season. They have been flat out awful and the team played better without them. It is a joke really. We need to get rid of one of them, this duo isn't working they have zero chemistry, don't play defense and brick way too many shots. I've really given up, they have been flat out bad for so long, These games they are in aren't even fun to watch. It is just gross how we make other scrub teams look like superstars on offense because of them and their clueless defending and rebounding.

If we are unable to move amare/melo one quick fix it seems would be to find a starting SG that can consistently nail the 3 ball. Our 3 point shooting is downright atrocious this year and we just dont need to be starting guys like fields when we have amare and chandler on the boards. Seriously, almost last place in the league even with Novak's heroics. Is very painful to watch.

Lin not scared to yell at our stars, he has more balls than Dantoni

Originally Posted by FireCoachD
    If we are unable to move amare/melo one quick fix it seems would be to find a starting SG that can consistently nail the 3 ball. Our 3 point shooting is downright atrocious this year and we just dont need to be starting guys like fields when we have amare and chandler on the boards. Seriously, almost last place in the league even with Novak's heroics. Is very painful to watch.
    Kevin Martin comes to mind but now you will have three players who don't play any defense.

Man Amare looks like he's 60 years old dealing with hip dysplasia lumbering slowly around the court this season. Dude could benefit from a walker imo.

Because he was wrong, they didn't do anything wrong here.. it was freak play, unlike the play right before that , where lin threw the ball over amares head.. and cost us the game also
    There is no single 1 play that cost the game - if you look at the various analysis of the game, It was a series of plays. the Bucks scored more than 100 points. 1 play does not equal 100 points.

You have to stay within reason to make an argument.

Carmelo and Amare played POOR defense on that one - and Baron Davis also was just watching.

We got stomped on rebounds - OFFENSIVELY & DEFENSIVELY.

On that play Jeremy Lin was hustling his ass off. Compared to the baby hustle by the guys being played 20 million dollars a year.

Novak is a very solid 3pt shooter, and JR Smith was added to provide more shooting.

Shumperts working on his shooting.

Jeremy Lin is shooting 46% and higher in a lot of games.

A lot of shots Lin made last night - were 3s, if his toe wasnt on the line.

Remember Lin shooting over Gasol? Marion? Nowitzki? Toronto? Utah?

I have recordings of the last 6 weeks of games and I am actively rewatching them.

Mainly - I suggest watch for consistency over-time and improvement overtime.

The team is gelling and improving ~ I think they can learn a lot about the defensive aspect of this game - and some of the guys need to look themselves in the mirror and NOT ignore Lin when he is open.

A bit more hustle and we arent all arguing and screaming apocalypse.

This isn't really about the play exactly, Melo and Amare have consistently shown by their body language they're not into the game unless the ball is in their hands.

MELO didn't even MOVE. Thats what happens all the time. These guys are horrible playing off the ball, especially defensively.

Jennings is a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA on average...He had 25 points together, some of those were on Lin some of those were on Davis. Thats expected and thats why no one said anything.

But when Michael Dunleavy Jr goes 10-16 FG 3-6 3pt on 25 points and Ersan hits 26 points ...you HAVE to question how much pride Glenn Robinson and Whackimire take in their game. You have to QUESTION will these guys ever take a leadership role on both sides of the court because they've been offensively inconsistent and defensively nonexistant.

Players like Lin will improve throughout time, he's only had about 50 games in his NBA career. But in those 50 games, Lin showed more balls and determination to win, hustle and will to work it out with his teammates than Melo or Amare has ever shown.

Lin is not Steve Nash, Lin is Lin, a SG converted into PG who can rank up a bunch of steals, assist, turnovers and points with an improving jumpshot.

Per 36 he's averaging 20.8 ppg 8.7 assist and 2.3 steals per game.

He's at rookie of the year level of play with guys like Irving and Rubio (even though I feel Irving and Rubio are superior players and will surpass guys like Rose and Westbrook in a couple of years).

Lin is great, and he's been great for us. His collapse against Miami was due to him trying to serve to Melo and Amare.
    I agree with mostly everything you said. Melo is looking like Carmelo "Have a Contract, I'll Play Defense again in 2 Years" Anthony. Maybe he should take some looks at LeBron and what the Heat have been doing as well on the offensive end. Since Wade and LeBron decided to team up, they have improved dramatically at moving without the ball. It's a result of determination to improve their game and practice. Yes, we are talking about practice. Ever since the knicks had those "5 practices to get everything together", they have lost 4 straight games. I know everyone doubts our current coaching staff. I can't say that I know enough of what goes on behind the scenes to know if they are good for the team or not, and I don't think that anyone else does either. But, it does appear that either the players aren't making the transition from what's learned in practice to what goes on during the game. They clearly have the "natural" basketball instincts, but they really need to learn that they can no longer just walk on the court and run a play. They need to refine their skills to compensate for all of the talent on the team and the change in the number of touches. And hustle and determination, can't forget those.

/End of my rant.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by kinein
    Novak is a very solid 3pt shooter, and JR Smith was added to provide more shooting.

Shumperts working on his shooting.

Jeremy Lin is shooting 46% and higher in a lot of games.

A lot of shots Lin made last night - were 3s, if his toe wasnt on the line.

Remember Lin shooting over Gasol? Marion? Nowitzki? Toronto? Utah?

I have recordings of the last 6 weeks of games and I am actively rewatching them.

Mainly - I suggest watch for consistency over-time and improvement overtime.

The team is gelling and improving ~ I think they can learn a lot about the defensive aspect of this game - and some of the guys need to look themselves in the mirror and NOT ignore Lin when he is open.

A bit more hustle and we arent all arguing and screaming apocalypse.
    We appreciate the material you share with us, keep it coming! Its some good stuff.

We appreciate the material you share with us, keep it coming! Its some good stuff.
    Thanks! Its an exciting time to be a knicks fan!

Originally Posted by BrianMan
    I agree with mostly everything you said. Melo is looking like Carmelo "Have a Contract, I'll Play Defense again in 2 Years" Anthony.

/End of my rant.
    Haha this made me laugh. Though I'll add I do see some flashes of defense - I think he knows he needs to step up his defense. I think the entire team knows after the Bucks how badly they need some team effort - defensively and rebound wise. I just hope Lin keeps calling them out as he sees it - D'antoni made it a big point to talk about defense in his post-game.

You bet the coaches will discuss this and its going to be addressed. In this shortened season they won't get much time to practice. But just EFFORT alone will produce some better defensive results and better rebounding.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    That was an air ball that came right to Gooden and he tipped it. That happens all the time. This NY media has really hyped Lin up to the point were he thinks he can yell at guys that are proven all stars for the last decade. Jennings was lighting him up most of the game and no one said anything to him. What about when he was getting 8 or 9 TOs a game and Miami made him look like a child. Melo and Stat didn't scream at him, they encouraged him and told him to keep his head up. Lin needs to work on his handles and focus on being a pass first PG and not let this Linsanity bull**** get to this head.
    if Jeremy Lin is KNOWN to be pass-first, everybody can just do single coverage on him, and he has nowhere to pass. He attacks, to catch other's attention, and pass. and when they start guarding passes, he attacks again. like a pendulum. that's why he is successful once he gets major minutes.