Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
This isn't really about the play exactly, Melo and Amare have consistently shown by their body language they're not into the game unless the ball is in their hands.

MELO didn't even MOVE. Thats what happens all the time. These guys are horrible playing off the ball, especially defensively.

Jennings is a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA on average...He had 25 points together, some of those were on Lin some of those were on Davis. Thats expected and thats why no one said anything.

But when Michael Dunleavy Jr goes 10-16 FG 3-6 3pt on 25 points and Ersan hits 26 points ...you HAVE to question how much pride Glenn Robinson and Whackimire take in their game. You have to QUESTION will these guys ever take a leadership role on both sides of the court because they've been offensively inconsistent and defensively nonexistant.

Players like Lin will improve throughout time, he's only had about 50 games in his NBA career. But in those 50 games, Lin showed more balls and determination to win, hustle and will to work it out with his teammates than Melo or Amare has ever shown.

Lin is not Steve Nash, Lin is Lin, a SG converted into PG who can rank up a bunch of steals, assist, turnovers and points with an improving jumpshot.

Per 36 he's averaging 20.8 ppg 8.7 assist and 2.3 steals per game.

He's at rookie of the year level of play with guys like Irving and Rubio (even though I feel Irving and Rubio are superior players and will surpass guys like Rose and Westbrook in a couple of years).

Lin is great, and he's been great for us. His collapse against Miami was due to him trying to serve to Melo and Amare.

:agreed: I agree with mostly everything you said. Melo is looking like Carmelo "Have a Contract, I'll Play Defense again in 2 Years" Anthony. Maybe he should take some looks at LeBron and what the Heat have been doing as well on the offensive end. Since Wade and LeBron decided to team up, they have improved dramatically at moving without the ball. It's a result of determination to improve their game and practice. Yes, we are talking about practice. Ever since the knicks had those "5 practices to get everything together", they have lost 4 straight games. I know everyone doubts our current coaching staff. I can't say that I know enough of what goes on behind the scenes to know if they are good for the team or not, and I don't think that anyone else does either. But, it does appear that either the players aren't making the transition from what's learned in practice to what goes on during the game. They clearly have the "natural" basketball instincts, but they really need to learn that they can no longer just walk on the court and run a play. They need to refine their skills to compensate for all of the talent on the team and the change in the number of touches. And hustle and determination, can't forget those.

/End of my rant.

metrocard

Legend
Novak is a very solid 3pt shooter, and JR Smith was added to provide more shooting.

Shumperts working on his shooting.

Jeremy Lin is shooting 46% and higher in a lot of games.

A lot of shots Lin made last night - were 3s, if his toe wasnt on the line.

Remember Lin shooting over Gasol? Marion? Nowitzki? Toronto? Utah?

I have recordings of the last 6 weeks of games and I am actively rewatching them.

Mainly - I suggest watch for consistency over-time and improvement overtime.

The team is gelling and improving ~ I think they can learn a lot about the defensive aspect of this game - and some of the guys need to look themselves in the mirror and NOT ignore Lin when he is open.

A bit more hustle and we arent all arguing and screaming apocalypse.

We appreciate the material you share with us, keep it coming! Its some good stuff.

kinein

Benchwarmer
:agreed: I agree with mostly everything you said. Melo is looking like Carmelo "Have a Contract, I'll Play Defense again in 2 Years" Anthony.

/End of my rant.

Haha this made me laugh. Though I'll add I do see some flashes of defense - I think he knows he needs to step up his defense. I think the entire team knows after the Bucks how badly they need some team effort - defensively and rebound wise. I just hope Lin keeps calling them out as he sees it - D'antoni made it a big point to talk about defense in his post-game.

You bet the coaches will discuss this and its going to be addressed. In this shortened season they won't get much time to practice. But just EFFORT alone will produce some better defensive results and better rebounding.

That was an air ball that came right to Gooden and he tipped it. That happens all the time. This NY media has really hyped Lin up to the point were he thinks he can yell at guys that are proven all stars for the last decade. Jennings was lighting him up most of the game and no one said anything to him. What about when he was getting 8 or 9 TOs a game and Miami made him look like a child. Melo and Stat didn't scream at him, they encouraged him and told him to keep his head up. Lin needs to work on his handles and focus on being a pass first PG and not let this Linsanity bullshit get to this head.

if Jeremy Lin is KNOWN to be pass-first, everybody can just do single coverage on him, and he has nowhere to pass. He attacks, to catch other's attention, and pass. and when they start guarding passes, he attacks again. like a pendulum. that's why he is successful once he gets major minutes.

kinein

Benchwarmer
if Jeremy Lin is KNOWN to be pass-first, everybody can just do single coverage on him, and he has nowhere to pass. He attacks, to catch other's attention, and pass. and when they start guarding passes, he attacks again. like a pendulum. that's why he is successful once he gets major minutes.

100% correct! solid!

Lin's ability to score allows him to pass - If Lin isn't scoring then its up to the other 4 to CONSISTENTLY continue to score. Why eliminate a guy that was averaging 20+ pts a game and easily could have scored more then 40pts against the Lakers.

His aggression and ability to put the ball in the hoop from inside the paint or outside the arc - paired with his court-vision and feel for the game and teammates around him open up his teammates. They have to hustle and be ready to score when the ball finds them!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Good post.

Exactly how i felt after the tip-in..

Somebody needs to tell those two something. If Lin wants to take more of leadership role .. great.

Lin and Chandler the anti Melo/ Amare.

A n M both need a kick in the ass.

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
That was an air ball that came right to Gooden and he tipped it. That happens all the time. This NY media has really hyped Lin up to the point were he thinks he can yell at guys that are proven all stars for the last decade. Jennings was lighting him up most of the game and no one said anything to him. What about when he was getting 8 or 9 TOs a game and Miami made him look like a child. Melo and Stat didn't scream at him, they encouraged him and told him to keep his head up. Lin needs to work on his handles and focus on being a pass first PG and not let this Linsanity bullshit get to this head.
Lin has had his setbacks, but he plays with passion and works. Stat and Fatmelo have sucked since coming back. Lin had every right to call out these chumps.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Lin has had his setbacks, but he plays with passion and works. Stat and Fatmelo have sucked since coming back. Lin had every right to call out these chumps.

Yup. Melo is talented but lacks in athleticism. He needs a regimented diet and physical training program ~ You'd think after so many years in the NBA he would have gotten lean and look hungry. I'm trying to think of another "star" on another team that is as chubby and soft as him. I think he could have avoided a lot of injuries including the back injury if he had actually spent time in the gym over the last - however many years since he left Syracuse. Or someone actually track what he is eating day-in-day out offseason/onseason

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
My man Jeremy Lin!

Said a while back that he needed to learn to say No and not get intimidated by STAT or Melo but this is fantastic! Why cant Mike be like this?!

kinein

Benchwarmer
I wonder if anyone is watching the Heat v Pacers right now and watched how many times the heat passed it until someone beyond the arc was open. I think 4-5 touches for guys outside of the arc within 10 seconds. as they kept moving the ball into the paint, and back out into the arc - until the shot opened up.

If they guy didnt have the shot he would drive in - draw in the defense, and kick it out. Next guy same thing, next guy same thing, next guy same thing. until finally 1 guy beyond the arc didn't have to drive in and dish it back out - nails wide-open look 3.

We easily could have done that - once again Melo going for that desperation dunk with that much time on the clock can be contrasted by the ball movement they should be doing - like the heat just did in the final 20 seconds.

I hope MELO is watching.

Going into OT.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Lebron gives it up to Wade to pull a JLin in the finals seconds to clutch the game. when it was tied in OT. .1 seconds - GAMEEEEEEEE OVERRRR..

Once again I hope the knicks are watching. They could have learned a lot of Pacers play and how the Heat kept moving the ball - not just going for a random score but - trying to actually win the game and tie it up.

Most amusing moment.

Reading earlier someone say on a knicks thread (maybe diff knicks forum) saying that if we based our team on Lin and Chandler - that we would be the Indiana pacers and not be able to beat anybody.

If Pacers show just a little more poise, and don't pull the deer in headlights maneuver O.O - this game is their's over the heat. losses for the knicks ~ are tempering that team - they won't fizzle in the end, the numerous fights down 15 down 20 down 25 are really seasoning the guys.

Crossing my fingers that they step it up tomorrow.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The team seems to be content with just an 8th seed. They need to wake up, because there's only 25 games left. If the Knicks continue to play .300 basketball, they could easily fall to 9th or 10th place.

Carmelo Anthony is fat and depressed. He looks like Jello that was left in the refrigerator overnight. STAT's legs look like Ramen noodles. Jeremy Lin needs to stop deferring to these washed up has beens. This is his team now. SHAT and JELLO are just going to have to watch how it's done.

KingofNy

Starter
While i agree the media has gone way overboard, with this LINMANIA, lins mistake come of effort plays, while STAT gives zero effort on the defensive end, that's why most of lins mistake are given a pass, and STAT's aren't.

Most of Lin's mistakes are due to Stat's lack of hustle and hands. Stat's never in the right place at the right time and he constantly looks like Goof Troop out there. The worst part is Amare doesn't give a sh*t. He's laughing and smiling after losses while the rest of the team is holding their head down. I hope Amare gets hurt so he doesn't steal playing time from guys who want to play. F*ck Amare!

KingofNy

Starter
Defense2.gif

Defense1.gif

Wow, STAT, you just made whoever paid you the biggest dumb-ass in the world.

These are just two of the MANY times Stat kills our defense EACH AND EVERY GAME!

Our opponents have been directly going after Stat as their MAIN gameplan. Dallas beat us this way, same with San Antonio, Philly and the Bucks. Amare needs to be benches ASAP and force him to start playing D or he can be the next Eddy Curry for all I care. Dude is garbage. He is also responsible for half of our team's turnovers because he's never in position and he doesn't even try to play D, especially on the pick and roll. And why the hell isn't MDA holding him accountable. The faster we get rid of Stat and MDA, the faster this team can start winning again.