Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

Kenny Smith talking to Stephen A Smith on the Radio right now.

Jeremy Lin needs to learn to say No - To Amare to Carmelo etc..

The same thing many of us have been saying.

Originally Posted by kinein
    Chandler interview out on knicksnow.com you HAVE to listen to it. Shump speaks too!

Lin can pass more effectively when teams are freaking out over his ability to take it to the hoop and finish. Along with nailing daggers over opponents.

oh i probably should add that EVERY GAME Amare is missing the feeds to him. It isn't a fluke - he consistently doesn't seem ready to take the ball and score for 3+ plays a game at least - when his only asset is to score inside the paint ~ he is doing a piss-poor job. If he won't play defense ( from beginning to end ) - won't rebound (offensively/defensively) then he has to at least score everytime the ball is within 1 ft of his hands. He needs to take responsibility, so does Carmelo. There is ample video for us to replay over and over. Leadership demands accountability and these two aren't showing it.

The other players on the knicks are doing a good job not pointing fingers - and yes the Knicks do need Carmelo and Amare. I'm not sure for what. But they need them ... when they give 100% effort and commitment

I agree with most of your post except the portion in bold. I think the problem with our team right now is that they AREN'T pointing fingers. Someone needs to step up and call out Stat for not calling out screens or playing defense off of them. Part of this problem is due to the Knicks switching too much on D. This encourages players to be lazy and not fight through the screens. Switching should be a last resort, not the norm. Yet in our losses we switch before the screens even happen.

Also, someone needs to step out and tell Melo that he doesn't need to force the ball all the time and shoot bad shots. They need to tell Melo that if he drives and draws the double that he can kick it out for the open shot. There's not enough communication on the court for our team to be successful. You can see the frustration in Chandlers, Lin's, and Melo's face when you watch them play, yet no one says squat or takes responsibility for the problems.

How can MDA seriously go over the tape of prior games with his team and NOT call out Stat for setting screens on his own guys? How can MDA not see that J.R. Smith thinks he's Melo 2.0 and shoots bad shot after bad shot? How can he not see that we're not a 3pt shooting team like he had in Phoenix? How can he not know by now that you can't consistently win games living and dying by the long-range shot? How can he not see that Stat is causing 8+ turnovers a game? If we see all the problems that are happening, you know the players see it. Are they scared to say something to fix the problem? They probably are. They're probably scared MDA is going to jump down their throat because he can't say anything to the "real" problems. Who knows??

The one thing we all know is it's time for MDA to go, he's lost all control over this team and it's time for a change. Hopefully we lose tonight and MDA is gone tomorrow. I hate rooting for us to lose but if we beat the Bulls than there's a good chance MDA will get to hang around another 2 weeks and that will mean we'll never even sniff the playoffs. It's almost funny that the savior of our team (Jeremy Lin), ended up hurting us the most because he saved MDA's job. We can't catch a break can we?
    Last edited by KingofNy; Mar 12, 2012 at 16:36.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I agree with most of your post except the portion in bold. I think the problem with our team right now is that they AREN'T pointing fingers. Someone needs to step up and call out Stat for not calling out screens or playing defense off of them. Part of this problem is due to the Knicks switching too much on D. This encourages players to be lazy and not fight through the screens. Switching should be a last resort, not the norm. Yet in our losses we switch before the screens even happen.

Also, someone needs to step out and tell Melo that he doesn't need to force the ball all the time and shoot bad shots. They need to tell Melo that if he drives and draws the double that he can kick it out for the open shot. There's not enough communication on the court for our team to be successful. You can see the frustration in Chandlers, Lin's, and Melo's face when you watch them play, yet no one says squat or takes responsibility for the problems.

How can MDA seriously go over the tape of prior games with his team and NOT call out Stat for setting screens on his own guys? How can MDA not see that J.R. Smith thinks he's Melo 2.0 and shoots bad shot after bad shot? How can he not see that we're not a 3pt shooting team like he had in Phoenix? How can he not know by now that you can't consistently win games living and dying by the long-range shot? How can he not see that Stat is causing 8+ turnovers a game? If we see all the problems that are happening, you know the players see it. Are they scared to say something to fix the problem? They probably are. They're probably scared MDA is going to jump down their throat because he can't say anything to the "real" problems. Who knows??

The one thing we all know is it's time for MDA to go, he's lost all control over this team and it's time for a change. Hopefully we lose tonight and MDA is gone tomorrow. I hate rooting for us to lose but if we beat the Bulls than there's a good chance MDA will get to hang around another 2 weeks and that will mean we'll never even sniff the playoffs. It's almost funny that the savior of our team (Jeremy Lin), ended up hurting us the most because he saved MDA's job. We can't catch a break can we?

It is funny that Lin's saving of MDA job is hurting the Knicks now. But yea they need to fire the coach ASAP I'd do it after the Chicago game win or lose.

So we are losing because of Lin?

lol Stephen A Smith suggested he would hire a Ron Artest to Punch Faces during practice. That Melo and Amare would consider Stephen A - their worst nightmare. hahaha.

------------

Chandler was interviewed before the Chicago game that.. is starting in 10-15 minutes.

Back in Chicago, where Tyson Chandler began his career, he had a large group of media around him before the game. Asked about the Knicks, Chandler said, "We’ve got to get back and look back at what we were doing when we were winning. We had a fast-paced offense, getting up and down the floor. Our defense was getting set. We were communicating out there. I think a lot of times now we’re letting our offense dictate our defense."
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 12, 2012 at 18:47.

Anyone with a link to this that I can check out?

Originally Posted by novaman
    Anyone with a link to this that I can check out?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You got to find the Kenny Smith interview discussion.

Stephen A Smith spends a lot of time blasting Jeremy Lin and the Knicks in general and blasting melo and Amare.

I don't know if I have it in me to listen to Stephen A right now, but he was basically saying that Lin was ok but that the Knicks needed to adjust when Melo came back.

He back handedly was basically stating that Lin was a borderline scrub and that Melo was still an elite superstar. It was pretty pathetic how he was trying to backhandedly down play Lin's great play while at the same time overrate how great Melo's game.

Originally Posted by munco
    I don't know if I have it in me to listen to Stephen A right now, but he was basically saying that Lin was ok but that the Knicks needed to adjust when Melo came back.

He back handedly was basically stating that Lin was a borderline scrub and that Melo was still an elite superstar. It was pretty pathetic how he was trying to backhandedly down play Lin's great play while at the same time overrate how great Melo's game.
    I meant to add this was on that show that ESPN show First Take. Not sure who is more annoying Skip Bayless or Stephen A.

Thats not even the problem. The problem is Jeremy Lin (and the rest of the world) can't make those two play defence and hustle.

The points/shots will come in abundance if we can play better defence and force turnovers.

Now its all about 1-2 more rebounds. We got destroyed on rebounds as a team. Though I expect more rebounds from the max cats. 38 million dollars should buy us at least 10 more rebounds. I think it was like 75+ rebounds to 30+ late into the 3rd quarter or early 4th. Gibson was a gamechanger on the boards. Seen Melo walk and not rebound or try several times vs the Bulls.

So many 2nd 3rd 4th attempts cuz Bulls hustled to rebound.

I'm pretty, disappointed in the poor TO by Lin late - he went back into his shell. Easily could have kept the ball and driven in or shot outside the arc.

I'm much more comfortable seeing him shoot then Landry. I have yet to see Landry hit a 3, ever. If he did I wasn't paying attention.

Still seeing a lack of desire by Lin to keep the ball - also frustrating that Lin isn't taking more shots outside just driving in - I like the aggressive drives in - but he shouldn't give up his shot.

Now its all about 1-2 more rebounds. We got destroyed on rebounds. Gibson was a gamechanger on the boards.

So many 2nd 3rd 4th attempts cuz Bulls hustled to rebound.
    Its ironic because we would have so many more shot attempts too if we actually hustled.

Melo and Stat don't realise that do they.

I'm pretty, disappointed in the poor TO by Lin late - he went back into his shell. Easily could have kept the ball and driven in or shot outside the arc.

I'm much more comfortable seeing him shoot then Landry. I have yet to see Landry hit a 3, ever. If he did I wasn't paying attention.

Still seeing a lack of desire by Lin to keep the ball - also frustrating that Lin isn't taking more shots outside just driving in - I like the aggressive drives in - but he shouldn't give up his shot.
    I prefer Lin as the facilitator. He was doing a decent job today without forcing the pass. For Knicks to win, their PGs should not be taking too many shots.

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    Its ironic because we would have so many more shot attempts too if we actually hustled.

Melo and Stat don't realise that do they.
    I don't think so yet. Carmelo and Amare (3rebounds) were crushing me. I caught Carmelo walking and refusing to jump for rebounds.

Though I think JR Smith really screwed up our mood - with his play. turnovers for easy Bulls scores. Thats 2-3 attempts we could have scored. He gave the Bulls free points. And then he misses easy layup. so technically 2 pts for sure he missed on ez layup. and 2-6pts potentially we could have scored on offense. And minimum 4 pts surrendered to Bulls on TO.

Next to Amare's 3 rebounds and Carmelo's refusal to rebound every single damn play. there is enough fail. Though I think BD and others including LANDRY get their share in terms of rebounds - and Landry throwing up those 3pts outside the arc.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    I prefer Lin as the facilitator. He was doing a decent job today without forcing the pass. For Knicks to win, their PGs should not be taking too many shots.

I'll have to disagree.

Dallas win - Lin busting shots over Dirk and Marion - AT WILL.

Lakers - Lin busting shots over Pau Gasol like he was born to do it. Kobe demanding to defend Lin in the final 5 minutes.

Lin staring down 20,000 Raptor fans and Calderon to slide dagger into hearts of the Toronto team.

He was facilitating there and passing with ease- he is more natural when he is aggressively driving and shooting.

We played more of his pace against the Bulls today - though we started stagnating with ISO play by Melo and Shumpert.

If you noticed when we are dominating enemy teams and they are fouling like crazy we are playing with D'antoni's mindset and running on Jeremy Lin drive which is TEAMBALL. The guy doesn't care about stats- he hated the d-league aspect where the boxscore and #s were the most important. He only cares about winning.

I agree with his TEAM and WIN FIRST mindset. Whatever it takes.

Do you want a Westbrook the scores 40 pts while Durant score 50pts? or do you want to try to frame Lin into his $6,000 dollars a game salary? I just think that a lot of people need to remember that Lin is only 20+ games into his 1st year starting and he wont get the benefit of a real schedule and the # of games and the practices inbetween those games that he normally would. He has the next 10-15+ years to mature and improve his game. What kind of player do you ASSUME he will be or WANT him to be.

I think he has demonstrated killer-instinct and aggression that is rare. When he actually gets some guidance and support from the organization and confidence in being just himself and not having to live up to anyone else's expectation he will make a quantum leap.

Lin having a scary presence on the court only makes it easier for the rest of his team to score - that is what I'm getting at.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 12, 2012 at 22:47.