Knicks never should have signed JR Smith

quiggle

Starter
Friday tweeted a photo of a partially naked woman in a bed in his hotel room.

After last night’s 119-114 loss, a Knicks official conferred with Smith before he met with a small group of writers.

“I didn’t know it would turn into a big deal,’’ Smith said of the photo. “I definitely regret it. Whenever it takes away from our team, I regret it. It wasn’t the smartest move.”

Asked if he had spoken to the NBA, Smith said, “Not yet. I’m sure I will.’’
A Knicks spokesman declined to comment. The Knicks signed Smith 2? weeks ago with fears about his reputation as a character negatively effecting the locker room.

Smith is noticeable in the locker room after losses for being in jovial, joking moods. He loudly sang a rap song after the Boston heartbreaker.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...hing_but_VXEg4KTObTy0ddfLp0LctI#ixzz1ojUaFOPn

Last edited:

quiggle

Starter
JR-Smith-Tahiry-4.jpg

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Does anybody think when Knicks signed JR Smith, they were getting a Rhodes scholar? I'd be terribly disappointed if he didn't have a naked woman in his room after every game.

fender0577

Rotation player
Does anybody think when Knicks signed JR Smith, they were getting a Rhodes scholar? I'd be terribly disappointed if he didn't have a naked woman in his room after every game.
LOL, sad, but true, why do people care, as long as he shows up to practice and games on time, who cares, but Quiggle.:peace:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
We should not have signed him. The guy seems to be quite happy to lose. That is the kind of attitude that we have been trying to change. Our culture of accepting losing has been terrible.

Tyson Chandler has been changing that, now we have bought this idiot in to the roster. He hasn`t exactly been lighting it up since he joined. I`d rather see Fields playing with Shump ahead of Smith. I guarantee that Smith will be trouble down the line.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I don't understand the point of this post. He shouldn't have been signed because of what happens in his personal life??

It isn't like he is dog-fighting or selling drugs, or running guns for the Cartels.

He is twittering to his followers and this is on his PERSONAL time.

What does this have to do with the NBA. What does this have to do with his 3pt shooting or when he is practicing?

I don't understand why this is even relevant to the last 5 games.

strongly disagree, JR Smith provides energy and enthusiasm on the court- when he makes mistakes he shows his frustration. JR Smith is a keeper.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I don't understand the point of this post. He shouldn't have been signed because of what happens in his personal life??

It isn't like he is dog-fighting or selling drugs, or running guns for the Cartels.

He is twittering to his followers and this is on his PERSONAL time.

What does this have to do with the NBA. What does this have to do with his 3pt shooting or when he is practicing?

I don't understand why this is even relevant to the last 5 games.

strongly disagree, JR Smith provides energy and enthusiasm on the court- when he makes mistakes he shows his frustration. JR Smith is a keeper.

I agree with you in most respects. I don`t care about the arse picture or his personal life. I was just expressing my opinion on him in general. I think we could do without guys who have his track record of trouble. Having said that, there are lots of other things we could do without.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I agree with you in most respects. I don`t care about the arse picture or his personal life. I was just expressing my opinion on him in general. I think we could do without guys who have his track record of trouble. Having said that, there are lots of other things we could do without.

I understand where you are coming from. I initially was against it because I thought he would bring down or fragment the team with a poor attitude. But I think he honestly wants to be there and he is excited to play with the Knicks, Carmelo, Baron Davis and Lin and others.

I mean the guy was watching youtube videos during the sweet run and getting excited. Plus I follow him on twitter now and I think he is a solid guy worth giving a shot. Plenty of guys and girls go through a solid immature selfish and sometimes stupid period earlier in their lives. But most of us end up growing up and learning lessons in life that continue to resemble who we are as individuals.

By his energy, excitement, and sometimes nervousness on the floor - he's legitimate. So I discarded preconceptions as I read the flak and listened to him in interviews. He is a solid piece for the team. Should remain - If our bench can score 50 pts a game and starters just need to put up 70pts - we can average 120pts a game. JR Smith is a great piece to the puzzle. Shooting - I wish he was performing better offensively but - I think he's shown some brilliance in his sprints to the hoop for dunks, his sprints to steal the ball, and how he can set an example defensively for the "stars"

I'm also excited to see what it looks like when he connects with Lin.

So far I've seen Landry, Shumpert, Jeffries, Novak, and Chandler. REALLY Connect and solidify with Jeremy - Consistently improving and just getting better from the beginning til the end of the game.

I'm still waiting on more improvement with Carmelo + Amare + Baron Davis when it comes to Lin.

Oh and JR but I think based on the way they play speed wise, aggressiveness, and energy - everything points toward them clicking if given the opportunities. As the floor leader, tone setter, and one with the best court vision - if Lin can connect with him then that in turn means Jr can connect with everyone else that Lin is connecting with - and I'm seeing that. JR sacrificed shots to assist it to Novak others - so they could shoot and DID score because they had good looks.

That ass is ugly!

Obesity in full blow :barf:

You'd expect better from a pro athlete.

Something like this:

-5.jpg

:thumbsup:

Toney Gonzalez wife

or

image.jpg

Osi Umenyiora's ex :smokin:

The man himself: JT 91 and his bird:

image.jpg

Jason Bell (former Giants DB) likes em Barbie style :afro:

image.jpg

IDK what the hell is wrong with J.R. - hitting that ugly crack b*** :teeth:

metrocard

Legend
That ass is ugly!

Obesity in full blow :barf:

You'd expect better from a pro athlete.

Something like this:

-5.jpg

:thumbsup:

Toney Gonzalez wife

or

image.jpg

Osi Umenyiora's ex :smokin:

The man himself: JT 91 and his bird:

image.jpg

Jason Bell (former Giants DB) likes em Barbie style :afro:

image.jpg

IDK what the hell is wrong with J.R. - hitting that ugly crack b*** :teeth:

You obviously have a fetish for crackheads...or can't handle big ol' booty, too weak for it.

I'm from the ghetto n*gga, I love chicks with a lot of assssss