Commentary after Re-watching replay on Leaguepass

kinein

Benchwarmer
Watching game again.

Insert of HARRELLSON, our defense started buckling. He was running back and forth usually not covering anyone or getting there late, or jumping early for no reason - 2nd,3rd hustle needed.

Anyone else noticed he gained more fat, it looks like he gained 30-45lbs of fat. He was jumping early and lumbering because he is so much more fatter now and slower.

---------------------

1st half offensive slow-downs, when shumpert and carmelo shrank their total floor space to 10% of the half-court instead of moving the ball to Baron and spreading the floor.

Novak airball - allowed a momentum switch with fast transition scoring.. started getting Dunleavy in rhythm.

2nd quarter - Carmelo begins to start missing.

Mid- 2nd quarter, shumpert was too closer at the bottom of arc squishing Jeremy Lin and Carmelo into a small cramped space. Shumpert dribbles twice and kinda stays in place and passes to Carmelo. Poor floor spacing.

Shumpert needed to spread floor by swinging to the top of the key..

----- Still noticing guys aren't looking for Lin, knicks team eliminating him from play by not keeping him involved -----

Harrellson needs to be sent to the D-League so he can lose 30-40lbs of fat and regain his legs and lungs. He can't play defense or rebound effectively - so rusty and fat.

Announcers: The knicks aren't helping Lin at all, they are just standing and watching.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last 5 minutes – close game down by 3.
• Carmelo airball 3.
• Carmello encroachment – gives bucks another free throw shot – they score +1

Noticed landry fields can’t leave his man open – happened enough times that finally noticed, he needs to defend better the shooter – stop the passes to the shooter and also stop shooter from being wide open at bottom of arc.

Jeremy Lin hits a crunching swish at 3:15 toe on line though. 109-112. 3 pt difference same as 5 minute mark 4th.

3:00 still 3 pts. Wish the rest of the Knicks saw this.
Bucks lose it again, Davis closes gap on drive 111-112 2:40.
2:14 Baron has the ball again. – ball moved to Landry then Amare – Amare is wide-open.
Passes it back to Baron…. Miss 4/10 remember..

Jeremy Lin getting ignored ass usual when hes the hot hand all game.

1:35 Jeremy Lin some-what poor pass, but Amare should have caught it – or tried jumping .. -_- if it hits your hands, you have to catch it – it’s a basketball.
• Jeremy shouldn’t have chosen to defer, his defender was giving him space – and Jeremy has one of the fastest if fastest – releases in the NBA right now. Hot hand – should have gone for the shot, hes the only one on the team that has proven he can close out games – in the last 5 weeks.

1:20 Jeremy Lin and Jennings 1 on 1 – bucks moving ball –

Eliyasova --- PUTS BALL BACK IN 1 v 4 Knicks – And gets the foul. Hits first free throw and 2nd free throw.

This is before Lin shouts in frustration.

ARE WE SEEING A RECURRING THEME ---
Amare, Carmelo, Baron, Landry Fields NEED TO PLAY DEFENSE 100% not just some times when they feel like it.

28.7 next time. Eliyasova continues to outrebound and PUT-BACK

Bucks announcer : “HE’s NOT GOING TO GIVE UP ON THE OFFENSIVE REBOUND” ( referencing knicks )
Bucks announcers talking about Lin : we know what he can do on offense but I was going to ask you about Lin’s defense. Other announcer …. He dug in on that one.
• 23 seconds ~ travel called by ref - games on line

I wonder how much Eliyasova is being paid to out-rebound and put-back over, Amare, Carmelo, Baron, Landry. Frustrated but hopefully its something they address. Each of those players has to re-evaluate their intensity and commitment to play 100%.

Watching the final play.

Carmelo’s drive in to dunk - should have deferred to Lin. He was forcing it even though he was playing poorly for a lot of the 4th quarter. This is what we call desperation and just a hail mary – instead of trusting in Jeremy Lin.
The play wasn’t called for Carmelo to adlib like that and try to force it. I believe he should have told Jeremy Lin to get open on the 3 if Novak wasn’t open. At least that could have bought time for Novak to move again – so if Jeremy Lin didn’t have a shot he could have dished to Novak again.

BALL MOVEMENT was so good 1st half. We’ve proven we can move the ball and do it fast and find an open guy.

End game reply review.

* summary saw some clicking on offense with Melo.

Offensively starting to look better but in crunch-time I believe Melo reverts back into anti-clutch.

going to add 1 more thing. I was seeing Lin switching to cover Buck after Buck after Buck. 1 defensive series. Lin covered THREE different guys.

I'm seriously wondering where the other teammates are, and what are they doing?

Man-on-Man or ZONE defense. Lin shouldn't have to hustle to cover 3 different guys. This wasn't just once. This was multiple times.

To add insult to injury they are just watching him exhaust himself!

Baron Davis get's HALF a pass - because yes his legs were turning to Jello and so were his lungs. The guy is best leading a energized high-powered 2nd team bench SO LONG as he doesn't kill the pace. Contrasted to the last 50pt and last 40+pt performance from the Legion of Boom ( 2nd team ).

Also when BD and Lin are on the floor at the same time - BD has to treat Lin as one of the most effective scorers. It isn't like he is gambling on a shot made or shot missed. --- BECAUSE LIN WILL PASS if he sees someone open. EVEN when he should be shooting! Lin also SEARCHES for the hot-hand.

* Example NOVAK. A few weeks ago nobody knew who he was and those that did had been avidly following NBA ball and/or had prior experience when BD and Novak HAD played together. But Novak was never discussed about until Lin started looking for him.

* Extra Notes : Novak - the guy could improve his body with a solid off-season weight-training program - this would expand his game, allow him to do more.
Example : Dunleavy and the Bucks players. Novak made a little drive that I really LIKED - I think he can add more dimensions to his game-play - the innate ability and intuition is there. I think the defensive coaches need to help him out and teach him more about defense because although Novak had some noticeable blunders - there were moments when he did really well.

I notice Novak rebounding - he has presence and EFFORT. Regardless of his mistakes there is EFFORT and he is a team-player 100%

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Thanks for reading and commenting, appreciate the feedback. I probably could. Depends on if I have time. After re-watching several games - including the Heat game I finally had to stop lurking, and register an account on these forums and participate. Will see in the future. I really like a few of the other analysis threads in the forums and really think there are some insightful posters here that - are also doing some great things to add to the conversation.

metrocard

Legend
If we can get this stickyed, entitled it "Kinein's Keenes" or some corny shit. It'll we could use this kind of information.