Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STAT's game. With and w/o Tyson.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Stoudemire vs Bucks w/o Tyson: 27 points, 11 rebounds, 11/15 FGs.

Stoudemire vs 76ers with Tyson: 9 points, 5 rebounds, 4/9 FGS.

But there are those on here who wants to trade Melo...alright.
    There you go.

OK, so Stat being a defensive stop player, maybe that just a wishful thinking. I keep seeing those clips where he just basically backed off off the p-n-r and gave the gp a free open lane to the basket...

Come on Stat, you can do it! Please?

I was re-watching the game, and I see this:

Amar'e literally got in Chandler's way on that play where Evan Turner had the disgustingly open dunk. I mean people....

The fact that folks seriously wanna put so much blame on Melo while Amar'e gets an honorable "oh yea, he needs to play better too" type of mention is mind boggling.

HE STRAIGHT UP GOT IN THE WAY.

No awareness of the situation, very little clue as to where he is, and what he's doing...at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he occasionally walks to the huddle and says "hey guys, how did we all get here?....no seriously....where are we?........who are we?"

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I was re-watching the game, and I see this:

Amar'e literally got in Chandler's way on that play where Evan Turner had the disgustingly open dunk. I mean people....

The fact that folks seriously wanna put so much blame on Melo while Amar'e gets an honorable "oh yea, he needs to play better too" type of mention is mind boggling.

HE STRAIGHT UP GOT IN THE WAY.

No awareness of the situation, very little clue as to where he is, and what he's doing...at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he occasionally walks to the huddle and says "hey guys, how did we all get here?....no seriously....where are we?........who are we?"
    Yeah, I saw this too. Stat was trying to cover his man cutting down the lane but didn't realize Turner was behind him. Yep. This is bad to the point where it is just funny.

Yep...

Was he like this last reason?

I'm tired of all the excuses fans are making for Stat. The dude is playing terrible and can give 2 ****z if we win or lose. Fire MDA and get a coach that holds his players responsible and benches his stars if they don't make the required adjustments. Normally when a team has a problem the coach fixes it at halftime. It takes MDA a 5+ game losing streak and to have his head on the chopping block until he decides to make adjustments.

Watch, now that the Garden is again calling for his head he'll have some of our problems fixed tomorrow just enough to save his job. Watch. I bet we win tomorrow. MDA is a punk azz biatch and needs to get fired. Our new coach needs to bench Stat until he decides he wants to play on both sides of the court and WIN games, not stand around on D like a statue.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I'm tired of all the excuses fans are making for Stat. The dude is playing terrible and can give 2 ****z if we win or lose. Fire MDA and get a coach that holds his players responsible and benches his stars if they don't make the required adjustments. Normally when a team has a problem the coach fixes it at halftime. It takes MDA a 5+ game losing streak and to have his head on the chopping block until he decides to make adjustments.

Watch, now that the Garden is again calling for his head he'll have some of our problems fixed tomorrow just enough to save his job. Watch. I bet we win tomorrow. MDA is a punk azz biatch and needs to get fired. Our new coach needs to bench Stat until he decides he wants to play on both sides of the court and WIN games, not stand around on D like a statue.
    Lol I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

But since Melo and STAT are both almost 30 and are playing like trash their most likely not gonna be moved especially with their salaries.

So the best option would be hire a coach thats gonna hold them accountable get at Melo and Amare for not playing up to their standards. MDA seems like ok with how their playing for some reason.

But back on topic this is a pretty good thread the only solution I can think of when TC and Amare are on the floor together is to make Amare the primary PnR man and have TC clear out for some of those plays. Then in the off season demand that he put the majority of his effort into developing a low post game.

I see what the OP is saying about amare with and without TC. However, what I notice more is how our offense is no different from street ball. It looks as if there is no structure. No one has their "spots" on the court. The team would be better served with a coach that can tell amare exactly where he needs to be. You don't let a young pg figure everything out on his own.

damn did ya see Clippers vs Warriors... David Lee went in on them... wish we could trade Statue for him

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Lol I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

But since Melo and STAT are both almost 30 and are playing like trash their most likely not gonna be moved especially with their salaries.

So the best option would be hire a coach thats gonna hold them accountable get at Melo and Amare for not playing up to their standards. MDA seems like ok with how their playing for some reason.

But back on topic this is a pretty good thread the only solution I can think of when TC and Amare are on the floor together is to make Amare the primary PnR man and have TC clear out for some of those plays. Then in the off season demand that he put the majority of his effort into developing a low post game.
    I'm 1000% all for that move. His game is way to predictable and often non effective. As big as he is he often has the advantage when he has his back to the defender in a post up stance but then he screws it up by facing up and #1 increases the chance of getting stripped and #2 driving into traffic possibly getting an offensive foul.

KnicksonLIN.com

I saw Stoudemire play during Chandler's absence, and he still looks like he lost a step. He's not dominant at driving to the basket, and I didn't see that automatic baseline and free-throw line extended jump shot we saw from him last year.

STAT sucks, because he's out of shape, and his legs gave out on him.
    He's no longer going to be an elite player in the NBA.

The main problem with the Knicks is the poor coaching and the inability of Stoudemire and Anthony to coexist.

For chemistry purposes, one of these guys has to go, and one of these guys has to defer to Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler.

It's either going to be STAT or MELO.

JELLO=coconut custard aka Tembleque
    SHAT= Stool

If the Knicks make the offense run through Lin and Chandler, we can have Lin put up 18 points and 8 assists, with Chandler averaging 12 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks, and either SHAT or JELLO can average 16 points. Then, the Knicks can use a defensive minded coach and a half court offense.

I dont know where to post this but first Renaissance Man thread I see, here it goes

Whose meals are more relevant for a pro athlete?

STAT looks like an old man out there. Noah looked like the new kid on the block and having his way with the old man. They kept going back to Noah with the ball.

With that said, STAT shot seemed on point in the 2nd half. I think that's a role he can play when Chandler is in. The PG can try the PnR with Chandler and when defenders crash the paint kick it out to STAT for the open 18-ft jumper.

STAT's biggest knock is the guy doesn't find for rebounds. He's getting pushed around by younger players. I don't know if he's injured, playing through pain/fatigue or lacks the lower body strength... or maybe he just doesn't care.

I thought Melo played with hustle last night on D. But the guy needs to make more shots, especially down the stretch. He gets paid to do that and he's not doing it.

The thing is that if the Knicks kept the Bulls to half the offensive rebounds they had last night they probably would've won. I thought, for the most part, they played hard all game (minus the stuff mentioned above). Notably, Novak was non-existent all game. While the guy isn't great on D, the threat of his 3-point shot helps space the floor for an effective PnR.