STAT's game. With and w/o Tyson.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I see what the OP is saying about amare with and without TC. However, what I notice more is how our offense is no different from street ball. It looks as if there is no structure. No one has their "spots" on the court. The team would be better served with a coach that can tell amare exactly where he needs to be. You don't let a young pg figure everything out on his own.

Number3

Benchwarmer
damn did ya see Clippers vs Warriors... David Lee went in on them... wish we could trade Statue for him

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

But since Melo and STAT are both almost 30 and are playing like trash their most likely not gonna be moved especially with their salaries.

So the best option would be hire a coach thats gonna hold them accountable get at Melo and Amare for not playing up to their standards. MDA seems like ok with how their playing for some reason.

But back on topic this is a pretty good thread the only solution I can think of when TC and Amare are on the floor together is to make Amare the primary PnR man and have TC clear out for some of those plays. Then in the off season demand that he put the majority of his effort into developing a low post game.

I'm 1000% all for that move. His game is way to predictable and often non effective. As big as he is he often has the advantage when he has his back to the defender in a post up stance but then he screws it up by facing up and #1 increases the chance of getting stripped and #2 driving into traffic possibly getting an offensive foul.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I saw Stoudemire play during Chandler's absence, and he still looks like he lost a step. He's not dominant at driving to the basket, and I didn't see that automatic baseline and free-throw line extended jump shot we saw from him last year.

STAT sucks, because he's out of shape, and his legs gave out on him.
He's no longer going to be an elite player in the NBA.

The main problem with the Knicks is the poor coaching and the inability of Stoudemire and Anthony to coexist.

For chemistry purposes, one of these guys has to go, and one of these guys has to defer to Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler.

It's either going to be STAT or MELO.

JELLO=coconut custard aka Tembleque
SHAT= Stool

If the Knicks make the offense run through Lin and Chandler, we can have Lin put up 18 points and 8 assists, with Chandler averaging 12 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks, and either SHAT or JELLO can average 16 points. Then, the Knicks can use a defensive minded coach and a half court offense.

quiggle

Starter
I dont know where to post this but first Renaissance Man thread I see, here it goes

419370_10150775697758296_14676868295_11342139_1893745903_n.jpg

STAT looks like an old man out there. Noah looked like the new kid on the block and having his way with the old man. They kept going back to Noah with the ball.

With that said, STAT shot seemed on point in the 2nd half. I think that's a role he can play when Chandler is in. The PG can try the PnR with Chandler and when defenders crash the paint kick it out to STAT for the open 18-ft jumper.

STAT's biggest knock is the guy doesn't find for rebounds. He's getting pushed around by younger players. I don't know if he's injured, playing through pain/fatigue or lacks the lower body strength... or maybe he just doesn't care.

I thought Melo played with hustle last night on D. But the guy needs to make more shots, especially down the stretch. He gets paid to do that and he's not doing it.

The thing is that if the Knicks kept the Bulls to half the offensive rebounds they had last night they probably would've won. I thought, for the most part, they played hard all game (minus the stuff mentioned above). Notably, Novak was non-existent all game. While the guy isn't great on D, the threat of his 3-point shot helps space the floor for an effective PnR.