Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we miss the playoffs 2012 ?

Default Do we miss the playoffs 2012 ?

Looks like a good chance we won't even make the playoffs this year by the way we are playing, and mgmt keeping Dantoni here...look at the remaining schedule and be honest with yourselves

TBH.. I say we do only because Tyson will play through his injuries.. and Tyson REALLY covers up ALOT of the fundamental issues with this squad.. I kinda wish we would miss the playoffs becuase Dantoni would surely be gone if we do.. But IMHO we will

On second thought... we wont make it

-___________- we dont deserve the playoffs...

I dont want us to make the playoffs at this point, its time to tank it

I also think we should put the names Amare and Melo in a hat, pick one, and waive that player right now. The other one should be amnestied before the start of next season. And of course Antoni needs to go too

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3

I also think we should put the names Amare and Melo in a hat, pick one, and waive that player right now. The other one should be amnestied before the start of next season. And of course Antoni needs to go too
    We wasted our amnesty on Billups

I know Mike Woodson is licking his chops right now.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    I know Mike Woodson is licking his chops right now.
    Haha, I hope so. He deserves a chance. I mean, why not? We're 18-23 right now!

too early to tell, I'd hope not because it will lead to a long offseason of knicks haters crowing about them missing the playoffs. It also wouldn't be the first time in the NBA a team with talent but without chemistry just missed the playoffs so no one should act surprised.

Veteran

Doesn't look good. They show no signs of figuring it out yet and the schedule is not favorable. Remaining 13 of the 25 games are on the road, we play teams playing over .500 in 14 of them. So if we get beat by teams with better records than us the rest of the way we will be 10-15 and have a 28-38 season record which in the EC might still be good enough for the 8th seed and a chance to get massacred by Miami in the 1st round.

Bad thing about the Knicks being the 8th seed is we would give up our 1st round pick to Houston, maybe the best thing for the Knicks is to not make the playoffs and get a lottery pick and a new coach.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3

Dude Melo can improve on this team. Stat is going nowhere but down. It's obvious his weak knees are slowing him down and he doesn't give a sh*t about basketball anymore. At least Melo cares when we lose. Every single game during this losing streak Stat is shown at the end of the game laughing and joking around while many other players have their heads down. Total BS. Stat needs to go and take Dumbtoni with him. Two goofballs that need to GTFO NY!

Originally Posted by petescud
    Looks like a good chance we won't even make the playoffs this year by the way we are playing, and mgmt keeping Dantoni here...look at the remaining schedule and be honest with yourselves
    our only hope is firing Mike D to scare the players into playing harder and new coach to make have a tougher coaching style since the laid back "players coach" system is not working on this team of wussies.

A coach is the guy to motivate a team and punish them when they play like idiots and Mike D does neither.

I have been chanting for this clown to get out of town years ago. Please everyone WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO CONVINCE YOU THIS TEAM NEEDS TO CHANGE A COACH!

Ever since he has been here his lineups, every year, have lacked energy and simple fundamentals, they jack up shots and have no offensive cohesion, they have ONLY improved on defense because of Tyson Chandler and we all saw how Amare is downlow at Center...TERRIBLE and embarassing.

We need a change and the time is now if we want to make the playoffs.

I can't believe it has come to this. But I am not surprised either

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    -___________- we dont deserve the playoffs...

we dont deserve to be there

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Doesn't look good. They show no signs of figuring it out yet and the schedule is not favorable. Remaining 13 of the 25 games are on the road, we play teams playing over .500 in 14 of them. So if we get beat by teams with better records than us the rest of the way we will be 10-15 and have a 28-38 season record which in the EC might still be good enough for the 8th seed and a chance to get massacred by Miami in the 1st round.

Bad thing about the Knicks being the 8th seed is we would give up our 1st round pick to Houston, maybe the best thing for the Knicks is to not make the playoffs and get a lottery pick and a new coach.
    QFT nice long offseason for the players to work on their game too.

Watching the Knicks can't get much worse than right now. I thought the 2008-2010 years were bad. This year is worse. We have one of the most talented rosters in the league and are still the butt of every basketball related joke.

Scratch that we are a joke.

Originally Posted by tiger0330

You're exactly right and I hate it. I'm just flabbergasted that it's gotten to this stage.

Originally Posted by smokes
    QFT nice long offseason for the players to work on their game too.

Watching the Knicks can't get much worse than right now. I thought the 2008-2010 years were bad. This year is worse. We have one of the most talented rosters in the league and are still the butt of every basketball related joke.

Scratch that we are a joke.
    We are a massive joke. Jim Colan, you fat little ****.