Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we miss the playoffs 2012 ?

What's the point in us making the playoffs if we're only going to win maybe 1 or 2 games and bomb out in the first round.

Might as well tank it, get a lottery pick and fire D'Antoni.

I rather get into the playoffs. You can't win if you don't play.

Originally Posted by Sage
    What's the point in us making the playoffs if we're only going to win maybe 1 or 2 games and bomb out in the first round.

Might as well tank it, get a lottery pick and fire D'Antoni.
    Actually that's the one reason the try for the playoffs. Our pick goes to the rockets unless we're a top five pick and it's too late in the season for that. I personally would hate the rockets getting a decent player because they robbed the Knicks for salary dump reasons.

Veteran

Firing Dantoni before the season end....makes the Knicks the team u dont want
    to bump into in the Playoffs....and that includes Heat & Bulls.

The Knicks scouting report with headcoach Dantoni is any PnR will be successful,
    b/c the Knicks use a man to man defense that takes Tyson Chandler out of the
    picture which allow offensive-rebounds, put-backs, back door plays, and slashing
    threw the middle....the Knicks offense is stagnate with little movement from players
    and ball when forced to play a halfcourt offense 75% of the shot attempts will be
    from the peremeter.

u dont want to read the Knicks players decision-making on offense/defense....
    for reasons of a small list of players in the rotation....3 players receiving 35+ minutes,
    and 3 players receving 30+ minutes....the rotation of players stay the same when
    its the 3rd game in 4 days...

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Actually that's the one reason the try for the playoffs. Our pick goes to the rockets unless we're a top five pick and it's too late in the season for that. I personally would hate the rockets getting a decent player because they robbed the Knicks for salary dump reasons.
    Hm, good point, I keep forgetting that.

If D'antoni goes before the season ends, I'd love to see us make it. If losing means he's gone, it's a small price to pay.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Just another disappointment from the Melo deal, here we thought the roster was set and our rebuilding days were over but it looks like we sure could use a 1st rounder this year. The team needs to figure it out otherwise the Rockets may be getting a lottery pick this year.

Veteran

I don't believe in quitting so I'll rather them to play it out to the end, however, I do know the disapointments will lessen once we dump the coach. When you have your inconsistant rookie/2nd year pg shooting more than your prime proven players... you are not a good coach, period.

Why should we give a scrub player (now coach) more chances to ruin the potential of real talented players?