Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Thread: Would you trade Carmelo?

  1. #16
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    I'd never trade our stars. We need them...
    Why do we need them? So we can stay under .500 for longer?

  2. #17
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    hell no. he's a prolific scorer who's adjusting to a de facto rookie PG and a PG who came off back surgery and hasn't been anything special in a few years. it's gonna take time. all those cute wins we had with our bench players will go out the window come playoff time...you NEED guys like melo if u wanna hang around with the celtics, magic, bulls, and heat

  3. #18
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    Why do we need them? So we can stay under .500 for longer?
    we're not gonna win ANYTHING with our bench players. best off working through the slumps and hopefully finding the light. we can win some exhibition games with bill walker/steve novak starting at SF and Jeffries or whoever starting at PF, but we wont win a game in the playoffs. Stat's production last year is still a factor in the knicks front office's heads and i dont think theyll give up after 1 subpar season, and melo? yeah lets trade a prolific scorer whos trying to adjust to this offense

  4. #19
    Member cheapandcheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Trade melo away is not going to solve anything.. how about focus on improving D first before any trade talks. . lucky Knicks have Chandler this season otherwise .... smh
    Last edited by cheapandcheerful; Mar 11, 2012 at 20:07.

  5. #20
    Member gaknickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    i think before we trade anyone WE NEED A REAL COACH!!...who runs set plays ...not let players run around like chickens with out heads ....a coach who holds players accountable on defence ......wait a coach who thinks defence first would be nice.....WHEN AND IF THAT HAPPENS AND THESE PLAYERS DONT BUY INTO WHAT THAT COACH IS SELLING .......THEN START SHIPPING THERE A$$ OUT OF HERE!!! we can be 18-23 with a bunch of no names .... ok thanks end of rant!!!

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I would trade the guy completely unaware of the fact that he's blocking his teammate from the wide open lane, and the free runner behind him:




    Enough is enough.
    Oh Stat...

    I wouldn't trade Melo and Stat. I would work their asses off to earn their pay checks! They are not going to get off that easy!

  7. #22
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I would trade the guy completely unaware of the fact that he's blocking his teammate from the wide open lane, and the free runner behind him:




    Enough is enough.
    is enough

  8. #23
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hayato
    we're not gonna win ANYTHING with our bench players. best off working through the slumps and hopefully finding the light. we can win some exhibition games with bill walker/steve novak starting at SF and Jeffries or whoever starting at PF, but we wont win a game in the playoffs. Stat's production last year is still a factor in the knicks front office's heads and i dont think theyll give up after 1 subpar season, and melo? yeah lets trade a prolific scorer whos trying to adjust to this offense
    Obviously Im not suggesting we just get rid of them and have JJ and Bill Walker start. Trade them for other players that will fit in this team better, or at least one of them to get their massive contracts off the books so we can make some moves this off season and some quality players, and actually make our team better, while also being able to resign our role players that have been playing well. As it stands, we will most likely loose JR Smith, Fields, Novak Baron Davis and Shump next off season because we will have zero cap space and we'd have to use the MLE on Lin

    it would be flat out STUPID at this point to even consider keeping both these guys for any longer. They don't produce enough on offense, don't play defense, and leave us with zero options in the future. We have to make moves.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Coach had his chances, he had the roster overhaul for him numerous times too. We have proven talent on a team being coached by a player that never amounted to anything in the NBA. You don't have to be that smart to figure out who goes first.

    The coach or the proven player? c'mon, that's a no brainer.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Coach had his chances, he had the roster overhaul for him numerous times too. We have proven talent on a team being coached by a player that never amounted to anything in the NBA. You don't have to be that smart to figure out who goes first.

    The coach or the proven player? c'mon, that's a no brainer.
    Most any NBA coach would love to have the Knicks roster, and to have this level of talent and be 18 & 23 is a disgrace.

    If not for Lin and the 7 game winning streak, say those 7 games was 2 & 5, this team could easily be 13 & 28.

    Look it up, Raptors are in last place @ 13 & 28. We would be behind the Nets who are 14 & 28. !!!!!

  11. #26
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Of course you trade him. I never wanted to trade for him in the first place. I knew he was an overrated, underachieving, and overpaid player that wouldn't fit with Amare and D'Antoni. Was saying it since August 2010.

    The Knicks are 26-37 with Melo and 43-34 without him. Pretty simple. The numbers don't lie. They have been worse with him. Anybody can see it. Trade him.

  12. #27
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by gaknickfan
    i think before we trade anyone WE NEED A REAL COACH!!...who runs set plays ...not let players run around like chickens with out heads ....a coach who holds players accountable on defence ......wait a coach who thinks defence first would be nice.....WHEN AND IF THAT HAPPENS AND THESE PLAYERS DONT BUY INTO WHAT THAT COACH IS SELLING .......THEN START SHIPPING THERE A$$ OUT OF HERE!!! we can be 18-23 with a bunch of no names .... ok thanks end of rant!!!
    I've backed up D'antoni, he needed a chance with a better team and he is blowing it. D'antoni is the number one reason for lack of team play; the team looks lost. The Knicks defense is nonexistent with Amare and Melo on the floor, and the offense has 0 chemistry turning over the ball constantly.

    When a team's bench is playing better than the starters the team needs a trade. Something is not working. It's D'antoni's fault and our star player's fault.

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CLYDE
    Most any NBA coach would love to have the Knicks roster, and to have this level of talent and be 18 & 23 is a disgrace.

    If not for Lin and the 7 game winning streak, say those 7 games was 2 & 5, this team could easily be 13 & 28.

    Look it up, Raptors are in last place @ 13 & 28. We would be behind the Nets who are 14 & 28. !!!!!
    yes, we have a team of players that are great at what they do. The coach is suppose to be played them to their strenghts. Except this coach is trying to win games through the PG position, a position he couldn't play well himself, LOL

    Those wanting to give this dude more chances, or continue to trade pieces to fit his flawed system are showing clear signs of delusion. You never ever choose a consistant loser over a proven winner, only those that are used to losing will do dumb **** like that. smh.

  14. #29
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    The Knicks need a new coach as much as they need to trade players. Trading players to improve will be nearly impossible.

    Back to how the thread started, Josh Smith would make the team great defensively. I don't see the Knicks trading Melo and Amare but it would be interesting.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This trade according to trade machine won't improve the Knicks but it would make it easier to play more like a team, and improve the defense drastically.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Different version, this time it's trading Amare. It is a better trade, and not completely crazy. It's never this simple but this machine is used to experiment.

  15. #30
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Of course you trade him. I never wanted to trade for him in the first place. I knew he was an overrated, underachieving, and overpaid player that wouldn't fit with Amare and D'Antoni. Was saying it since August 2010.

    The Knicks are 26-37 with Melo and 43-34 without him. Pretty simple. The numbers don't lie. They have been worse with him. Anybody can see it. Trade him.
    Agreed.

    You guys need to stop with the nationalism. I understand a lot of you guys are Puerto Rican or from Brooklyn. I'm Puerto Rican and from New York myself, but you guys got to be realistic.

    JELLO is fat as hell. What exactly do you expect JELLO to do for us in the playoffs.

    Anthony is a perennial All Star. Stop acting like the Knicks can only get garbage for him. The Knicks could easily trade him for draft picks and solid role players or possibly even for a guy like Dwight Howard or Deron Williams.

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2013, 23:36
  2. Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2013, 23:32
  3. We Need Melo BAD. Big Time players make bigtime plays
    By Clyde & The Pearl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jan 30, 2011, 14:20
  4. Replies: 47
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2010, 05:29
  5. Replies: 31
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2010, 22:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •