Would you trade Carmelo?

red32

Benchwarmer
I would trade the guy completely unaware of the fact that he's blocking his teammate from the wide open lane, and the free runner behind him:

photo-11.jpg

Enough is enough.

Oh Stat...

I wouldn't trade Melo and Stat. I would work their asses off to earn their pay checks! They are not going to get off that easy!

Forrest17

Rotation player
we're not gonna win ANYTHING with our bench players. best off working through the slumps and hopefully finding the light. we can win some exhibition games with bill walker/steve novak starting at SF and Jeffries or whoever starting at PF, but we wont win a game in the playoffs. Stat's production last year is still a factor in the knicks front office's heads and i dont think theyll give up after 1 subpar season, and melo? yeah lets trade a prolific scorer whos trying to adjust to this offense

Obviously Im not suggesting we just get rid of them and have JJ and Bill Walker start. Trade them for other players that will fit in this team better, or at least one of them to get their massive contracts off the books so we can make some moves this off season and some quality players, and actually make our team better, while also being able to resign our role players that have been playing well. As it stands, we will most likely loose JR Smith, Fields, Novak Baron Davis and Shump next off season because we will have zero cap space and we'd have to use the MLE on Lin

it would be flat out STUPID at this point to even consider keeping both these guys for any longer. They don't produce enough on offense, don't play defense, and leave us with zero options in the future. We have to make moves.

Coach had his chances, he had the roster overhaul for him numerous times too. We have proven talent on a team being coached by a player that never amounted to anything in the NBA. You don't have to be that smart to figure out who goes first.

The coach or the proven player? c'mon, that's a no brainer.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Coach had his chances, he had the roster overhaul for him numerous times too. We have proven talent on a team being coached by a player that never amounted to anything in the NBA. You don't have to be that smart to figure out who goes first.

The coach or the proven player? c'mon, that's a no brainer.

:agreed: Most any NBA coach would love to have the Knicks roster, and to have this level of talent and be 18 & 23 is a disgrace.

If not for Lin and the 7 game winning streak, say those 7 games was 2 & 5, this team could easily be 13 & 28.

Look it up, Raptors are in last place @ 13 & 28. We would be behind the Nets who are 14 & 28. !!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Of course you trade him. I never wanted to trade for him in the first place. I knew he was an overrated, underachieving, and overpaid player that wouldn't fit with Amare and D'Antoni. Was saying it since August 2010.

The Knicks are 26-37 with Melo and 43-34 without him. Pretty simple. The numbers don't lie. They have been worse with him. Anybody can see it. Trade him.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
i think before we trade anyone WE NEED A REAL COACH!!...who runs set plays ...not let players run around like chickens with out heads ....a coach who holds players accountable on defence ......wait a coach who thinks defence first would be nice.....WHEN AND IF THAT HAPPENS AND THESE PLAYERS DONT BUY INTO WHAT THAT COACH IS SELLING .......THEN START SHIPPING THERE A$$ OUT OF HERE!!! we can be 18-23 with a bunch of no names .... ok thanks end of rant!!!

I've backed up D'antoni, he needed a chance with a better team and he is blowing it. D'antoni is the number one reason for lack of team play; the team looks lost. The Knicks defense is nonexistent with Amare and Melo on the floor, and the offense has 0 chemistry turning over the ball constantly.

When a team's bench is playing better than the starters the team needs a trade. Something is not working. It's D'antoni's fault and our star player's fault.

:agreed: Most any NBA coach would love to have the Knicks roster, and to have this level of talent and be 18 & 23 is a disgrace.

If not for Lin and the 7 game winning streak, say those 7 games was 2 & 5, this team could easily be 13 & 28.

Look it up, Raptors are in last place @ 13 & 28. We would be behind the Nets who are 14 & 28. !!!!!

yes, we have a team of players that are great at what they do. The coach is suppose to be played them to their strenghts. Except this coach is trying to win games through the PG position, a position he couldn't play well himself, LOL

Those wanting to give this dude more chances, or continue to trade pieces to fit his flawed system are showing clear signs of delusion. You never ever choose a consistant loser over a proven winner, only those that are used to losing will do dumb shit like that. smh.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The Knicks need a new coach as much as they need to trade players. Trading players to improve will be nearly impossible.

Back to how the thread started, Josh Smith would make the team great defensively. I don't see the Knicks trading Melo and Amare but it would be interesting.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7mjcev9
This trade according to trade machine won't improve the Knicks but it would make it easier to play more like a team, and improve the defense drastically.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6nbonah
Different version, this time it's trading Amare. It is a better trade, and not completely crazy. It's never this simple but this machine is used to experiment.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Of course you trade him. I never wanted to trade for him in the first place. I knew he was an overrated, underachieving, and overpaid player that wouldn't fit with Amare and D'Antoni. Was saying it since August 2010.

The Knicks are 26-37 with Melo and 43-34 without him. Pretty simple. The numbers don't lie. They have been worse with him. Anybody can see it. Trade him.

Agreed.

You guys need to stop with the nationalism. I understand a lot of you guys are Puerto Rican or from Brooklyn. I'm Puerto Rican and from New York myself, but you guys got to be realistic.

JELLO is fat as hell. What exactly do you expect JELLO to do for us in the playoffs.

Anthony is a perennial All Star. Stop acting like the Knicks can only get garbage for him. The Knicks could easily trade him for draft picks and solid role players or possibly even for a guy like Dwight Howard or Deron Williams.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
How much do you want Dwight to be a Knick?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7kemb62

The Knicks have to give up more, maybe another draft pick or money. Even without having a draft pick in the near future, Lin has potential and is a draft pick. The Knicks will still struggle but the defensive prowess of Dwight and Ty will be tough. The Knicks will still have Baron and Duhon is familiar with the system.

Baron
Fields
Melo
Tyson
Dwight

Alley oop offense anyone

As for the Magics. Its rebuilding, Amare, and improving Lin. Reminder the Magics will get more than STAT and Lin. They have a good coach and have a chance to draw players in free agency.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Those that think just getting a new coach will suddenly make this team contenders are setting themselves up for more disappointment. I'm fine with getting rid of D'Antoni but I knew as soon as the Melo trade went down the Knicks would never win a championship. Said it months before too. I am no longer disappointed in the Knicks because I saw this coming long ago.

Those that thought Melo could lead this team to greatness have never followed Melo's professional career. I have followed Melo almost his entire pro career while living in Colorado and the Nuggets being my 2nd favorite team for the last 10 years. He hasn't proven a thing in the NBA except what he'll do for us, get us to the playoffs only to be knocked out in the first round.

Melo has a 16-36 career playoff record and the Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. It's simple for anybody to see.

People say we need to have a coach that will play to his strenghts. Well, we did that. It's called iso-Melo and look how well that worked out for us. We don't have a good enough defensive/hustle/energy roster to play the iso-Melo system. We would need to trade Amare, trade Lin, fire D'Antoni, and would need to get a PG like Felton, a PF like Ibaka and a SG like Tony Allen in order to build a team around Melo.

Those that think otherwise, that just a new coach will suddenly change Melo, obviously never watched Melo before because this is the same player I watched in Denver and told you all about 2 years ago.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I refuse to trade anyone until I see what this team looks like under a different coach first. Why not loet someone else get a crack at it? We can all agree that on paper this team should be somewhat dominant.

Paul1355

All Star
It's been a while since I've posted on here but I couldn't help after watching this seasons ups and downs. I'm not one who doesn't recognize the fact that lack of chemistry and healthy playing time with a mix of basically rookie pg and pieces that keep getting played and added is not hurting us. It is.

I understand how many of you wish Amare was the one to go and it makes sense for multiple reasons but we wont get anything for him.. and in a league so short on big men maybe its not the best option..

Carmelo is still a valuable trade piece.. and although being my favorite current NBA player we might need to take offers. I'm not saying blow up the team nor am I ignoring all the stuff I mentioned first.. but I just have this gut feeling as many of you probably have that Carmelo just doesn't fit. He's clutch, he can score, he isn't causing trouble but winning is what's most important. and we're not doing so.

So if it was possible to send Carmelo Anthony to Atlanta for Josh Smith would you do it? Marvin Williams large contract would probably have to be involved as well as a piece like Toney Douglas to balance it out.

The Cavs are interested in Marvin still so a three way trade would still be possible and Josh Smith wants out of Atlanta.. They are unwilling to trade him but if you have the chance to get Carmelo back it might be interesting for them.. and I think in the end it would be great for us.

guys please stop with the trade melo nonesense....we have to get a new coach that knows how to use his players.

If we get a new coach and he still has no idea and Melo is uncoachable then maybe we trade him but that should be our last option.

We have a team of great players we just have a retarded coach with a retarded coaching philosophy

nyk_nyk

All Star

Based on your open hate for Melo, your opinion really means nothing. That's illogical to say "of course you trade him" after only ONE season. This is not some average basketball player we're talking about here. A player of his AND Amare's talent, you get someone else in here first and see what happens from there. If the next coach can't figure it out, then you begin fielding offers.

Your hate is clouding better judgement IMO.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Based on your open hate for Melo, your opinion really means nothing. That's illogical to say "of course you trade him" after only ONE season. This is not some average basketball player we're talking about here. A player of his AND Amare's talent, you get someone else in here first and see what happens from there. If the next coach can't figure it out, then you begin fielding offers.

Your hate is clouding better judgement IMO.

I was saying we shouldn't get him long before he was traded here because I have followed his career. Not because I hate him. It's an educated position.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Those that think just getting a new coach will suddenly make this team contenders are setting themselves up for more disappointment. I'm fine with getting rid of D'Antoni but I knew as soon as the Melo trade went down the Knicks would never win a championship. Said it months before too. I am no longer disappointed in the Knicks because I saw this coming long ago.

Those that thought Melo could lead this team to greatness have never followed Melo's professional career. I have followed Melo almost his entire pro career while living in Colorado and the Nuggets being my 2nd favorite team for the last 10 years. He hasn't proven a thing in the NBA except what he'll do for us, get us to the playoffs only to be knocked out in the first round.

Melo has a 16-36 career playoff record and the Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. It's simple for anybody to see.

People say we need to have a coach that will play to his strenghts. Well, we did that. It's called iso-Melo and look how well that worked out for us. We don't have a good enough defensive/hustle/energy roster to play the iso-Melo system. We would need to trade Amare, trade Lin, fire D'Antoni, and would need to get a PG like Felton, a PF like Ibaka and a SG like Tony Allen in order to build a team around Melo.

Those that think otherwise, that just a new coach will suddenly change Melo, obviously never watched Melo before because this is the same player I watched in Denver and told you all about 2 years ago.

Melo was drafted by DEN and immediately turned that franchise around. Sure they didn't go far in the playoffs except that one year but he constantly put them in position to do so by consistently making the playoffs. There were a number of factors for them not getting past the 1st round all those times.

You have no idea what this team could look like under a new coach, yet you talk like you know. We rarely run any plays so why would you think a coach with different tendencies wouldn't help?

also, who says shit like a team who has player x will never win a championship?? That's just ignorant talk.

CalBunny

Rookie
Melo is cancer to the Knicks. Number don't lie, He is 26-37 or something like that with the Knicks. 8-1 run then when he came back, we are 2-7. This is not coincidence. 40% shooting while avg the most shots on the Knicks. He is the CANCER of the team, i would trade him for a chocolate bar at this time.

quiggle

Starter
nobody here should feel bad about trading Carmelo, he means nothing to the city or the fans. if he won a couple of titles and the hearts of Knicks fans over the years, fine but soon enough he will be as memorable as Kevin Cato who did nothing for the franchise.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Melo was drafted by DEN and immediately turned that franchise around. Sure they didn't go far in the playoffs except that one year but he constantly put them in position to do so by consistently making the playoffs. There were a number of factors for them not getting past the 1st round all those times.

You have no idea what this team could look like under a new coach, yet you talk like you know. We rarely run any plays so why would you think a coach with different tendencies wouldn't help?

also, who says shit like a team who has player x will never win a championship?? That's just ignorant talk.

I would say anyone who says "we don't run plays" is as ignorant as they come. It's quite evident to anyone who actually watches basketball can see we are running plays all the time. Just because you cannot recognoze it does not mean it isn't happening.

So let's see. Someone who follows a player's career by actually watching him play, predicts a team's failures, and then those failures come true is simply hating? The Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. 26-37 with and 43-34 without. How is that hate? Those are facts. Cannot be denied.

When I go on Nuggets' boards or talk to Nuggets' fans and tell them Gallo will never be a superstar, that he may only be an all-star and never a team you build a franchise around, would you call that ignorant hate or an educated opinion?