Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55

Thread: Would you trade Carmelo?

  1. #31
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    How much do you want Dwight to be a Knick?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    The Knicks have to give up more, maybe another draft pick or money. Even without having a draft pick in the near future, Lin has potential and is a draft pick. The Knicks will still struggle but the defensive prowess of Dwight and Ty will be tough. The Knicks will still have Baron and Duhon is familiar with the system.

    Baron
    Fields
    Melo
    Tyson
    Dwight

    Alley oop offense anyone

    As for the Magics. Its rebuilding, Amare, and improving Lin. Reminder the Magics will get more than STAT and Lin. They have a good coach and have a chance to draw players in free agency.

  2. #32
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Those that think just getting a new coach will suddenly make this team contenders are setting themselves up for more disappointment. I'm fine with getting rid of D'Antoni but I knew as soon as the Melo trade went down the Knicks would never win a championship. Said it months before too. I am no longer disappointed in the Knicks because I saw this coming long ago.

    Those that thought Melo could lead this team to greatness have never followed Melo's professional career. I have followed Melo almost his entire pro career while living in Colorado and the Nuggets being my 2nd favorite team for the last 10 years. He hasn't proven a thing in the NBA except what he'll do for us, get us to the playoffs only to be knocked out in the first round.

    Melo has a 16-36 career playoff record and the Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. It's simple for anybody to see.

    People say we need to have a coach that will play to his strenghts. Well, we did that. It's called iso-Melo and look how well that worked out for us. We don't have a good enough defensive/hustle/energy roster to play the iso-Melo system. We would need to trade Amare, trade Lin, fire D'Antoni, and would need to get a PG like Felton, a PF like Ibaka and a SG like Tony Allen in order to build a team around Melo.

    Those that think otherwise, that just a new coach will suddenly change Melo, obviously never watched Melo before because this is the same player I watched in Denver and told you all about 2 years ago.

  3. #33
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I refuse to trade anyone until I see what this team looks like under a different coach first. Why not loet someone else get a crack at it? We can all agree that on paper this team should be somewhat dominant.

  4. #34
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    It's been a while since I've posted on here but I couldn't help after watching this seasons ups and downs. I'm not one who doesn't recognize the fact that lack of chemistry and healthy playing time with a mix of basically rookie pg and pieces that keep getting played and added is not hurting us. It is.

    I understand how many of you wish Amare was the one to go and it makes sense for multiple reasons but we wont get anything for him.. and in a league so short on big men maybe its not the best option..

    Carmelo is still a valuable trade piece.. and although being my favorite current NBA player we might need to take offers. I'm not saying blow up the team nor am I ignoring all the stuff I mentioned first.. but I just have this gut feeling as many of you probably have that Carmelo just doesn't fit. He's clutch, he can score, he isn't causing trouble but winning is what's most important. and we're not doing so.

    So if it was possible to send Carmelo Anthony to Atlanta for Josh Smith would you do it? Marvin Williams large contract would probably have to be involved as well as a piece like Toney Douglas to balance it out.

    The Cavs are interested in Marvin still so a three way trade would still be possible and Josh Smith wants out of Atlanta.. They are unwilling to trade him but if you have the chance to get Carmelo back it might be interesting for them.. and I think in the end it would be great for us.
    guys please stop with the trade melo nonesense....we have to get a new coach that knows how to use his players.

    If we get a new coach and he still has no idea and Melo is uncoachable then maybe we trade him but that should be our last option.

    We have a team of great players we just have a retarded coach with a retarded coaching philosophy

  5. #35
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Of course you trade him. I never wanted to trade for him in the first place. I knew he was an overrated, underachieving, and overpaid player that wouldn't fit with Amare and D'Antoni. Was saying it since August 2010.

    The Knicks are 26-37 with Melo and 43-34 without him. Pretty simple. The numbers don't lie. They have been worse with him. Anybody can see it. Trade him.
    Based on your open hate for Melo, your opinion really means nothing. That's illogical to say "of course you trade him" after only ONE season. This is not some average basketball player we're talking about here. A player of his AND Amare's talent, you get someone else in here first and see what happens from there. If the next coach can't figure it out, then you begin fielding offers.

    Your hate is clouding better judgement IMO.

  6. #36
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Based on your open hate for Melo, your opinion really means nothing. That's illogical to say "of course you trade him" after only ONE season. This is not some average basketball player we're talking about here. A player of his AND Amare's talent, you get someone else in here first and see what happens from there. If the next coach can't figure it out, then you begin fielding offers.

    Your hate is clouding better judgement IMO.
    I was saying we shouldn't get him long before he was traded here because I have followed his career. Not because I hate him. It's an educated position.

  7. #37
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Those that think just getting a new coach will suddenly make this team contenders are setting themselves up for more disappointment. I'm fine with getting rid of D'Antoni but I knew as soon as the Melo trade went down the Knicks would never win a championship. Said it months before too. I am no longer disappointed in the Knicks because I saw this coming long ago.

    Those that thought Melo could lead this team to greatness have never followed Melo's professional career. I have followed Melo almost his entire pro career while living in Colorado and the Nuggets being my 2nd favorite team for the last 10 years. He hasn't proven a thing in the NBA except what he'll do for us, get us to the playoffs only to be knocked out in the first round.

    Melo has a 16-36 career playoff record and the Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. It's simple for anybody to see.

    People say we need to have a coach that will play to his strenghts. Well, we did that. It's called iso-Melo and look how well that worked out for us. We don't have a good enough defensive/hustle/energy roster to play the iso-Melo system. We would need to trade Amare, trade Lin, fire D'Antoni, and would need to get a PG like Felton, a PF like Ibaka and a SG like Tony Allen in order to build a team around Melo.

    Those that think otherwise, that just a new coach will suddenly change Melo, obviously never watched Melo before because this is the same player I watched in Denver and told you all about 2 years ago.
    Melo was drafted by DEN and immediately turned that franchise around. Sure they didn't go far in the playoffs except that one year but he constantly put them in position to do so by consistently making the playoffs. There were a number of factors for them not getting past the 1st round all those times.

    You have no idea what this team could look like under a new coach, yet you talk like you know. We rarely run any plays so why would you think a coach with different tendencies wouldn't help?

    also, who says **** like a team who has player x will never win a championship?? That's just ignorant talk.

  8. #38
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Melo is cancer to the Knicks. Number don't lie, He is 26-37 or something like that with the Knicks. 8-1 run then when he came back, we are 2-7. This is not coincidence. 40% shooting while avg the most shots on the Knicks. He is the CANCER of the team, i would trade him for a chocolate bar at this time.

  9. #39
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    nobody here should feel bad about trading Carmelo, he means nothing to the city or the fans. if he won a couple of titles and the hearts of Knicks fans over the years, fine but soon enough he will be as memorable as Kevin Cato who did nothing for the franchise.

  10. #40
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Melo was drafted by DEN and immediately turned that franchise around. Sure they didn't go far in the playoffs except that one year but he constantly put them in position to do so by consistently making the playoffs. There were a number of factors for them not getting past the 1st round all those times.

    You have no idea what this team could look like under a new coach, yet you talk like you know. We rarely run any plays so why would you think a coach with different tendencies wouldn't help?

    also, who says **** like a team who has player x will never win a championship?? That's just ignorant talk.
    I would say anyone who says "we don't run plays" is as ignorant as they come. It's quite evident to anyone who actually watches basketball can see we are running plays all the time. Just because you cannot recognoze it does not mean it isn't happening.

    So let's see. Someone who follows a player's career by actually watching him play, predicts a team's failures, and then those failures come true is simply hating? The Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. 26-37 with and 43-34 without. How is that hate? Those are facts. Cannot be denied.

    When I go on Nuggets' boards or talk to Nuggets' fans and tell them Gallo will never be a superstar, that he may only be an all-star and never a team you build a franchise around, would you call that ignorant hate or an educated opinion?

  11. #41
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I would say anyone who says "we don't run plays" is as ignorant as they come. It's quite evident to anyone who actually watches basketball can see we are running plays all the time. Just because you cannot recognoze it does not mean it isn't happening.

    So let's see. Someone who follows a player's career by actually watching him play, predicts a team's failures, and then those failures come true is simply hating? The Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. 26-37 with and 43-34 without. How is that hate? Those are facts. Cannot be denied.

    When I go on Nuggets' boards or talk to Nuggets' fans and tell them Gallo will never be a superstar, that he may only be an all-star and never a team you build a franchise around, would you call that ignorant hate or an educated opinion?
    I agree, that's why I never say such things.

    This team is failing for a number of reasons. Remember a guy named Toney Douglas who couldn't play PG if his life depended on it??? Tyson improved the teams defense but we still don't implement a true defensive gameplan on a regular basis. Guys are always getting season or career highs against the Knicks. In game coaching awareness is often terrible. Too many 3s... etc

    Bottom line, there plenty of reasons besides 1 player for the failures for the team.

  12. #42
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Fact-Carmelo Anthony has only been passed the first round of the playoffs once, in his NBA career.

    Fact-Carmelo Anthony is a playoff choke artist. I'm not even going to go into his archive of playoff series where he shot 36% and got swept in the first round.

    Fact-Carmelo Anthony is playing worse than he did in his rookie season.

    Fact-Carmelo Anthony is out of shape and will not help this team win games unless he loses weight and reduces his field goal attempts from 18 to 12 per game.

    Fact-Antoni sucks as a coach.

    Fact-The Knicks can get a lot of value for Carmelo Anthony, because he's a perennial All Star and leads the Knicks in scoring.

    Trade JELLO, get some Royal Jelly.

  13. #43
    Newbie jaydenise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    we should trade stat first. and fast. that pic above explains why.

  14. #44
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Actually, we should steal the Nets plan before they complete it and become possibly the best team in the east.

    Trade Melo to NJ for DWill + Morrow.

    Trade Amare + Chandler + Shumpert to Orlando for Howard + Turk + Anderson.


    PG-DWill
    SG-Morrow
    SF-Turk
    PF-Anderson
    C-Howard

    w/ Lin, Fields, Novac, Jorts and Jeffries off the bench (which plays very well together as a 2nd unit)

    Goddamn! We would be serious contenders with that roster.

  15. #45
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I refuse to trade anyone until I see what this team looks like under a different coach first. Why not loet someone else get a crack at it? We can all agree that on paper this team should be somewhat dominant.
    Thank you.

    Give me a coach that will hold every1 accountable and watch how we jump up the east.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Mar 12, 2012 at 15:52.

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2013, 23:36
  2. Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2013, 23:32
  3. We Need Melo BAD. Big Time players make bigtime plays
    By Clyde & The Pearl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jan 30, 2011, 14:20
  4. Replies: 47
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2010, 05:29
  5. Replies: 31
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2010, 22:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •