What the Knicks Should do to Improve

What do the Knicks have to do to start winning again?

• Losing streaks happen to all teams. The Knicks will be fine.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Get rid of Antoni. Keep everyone else.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Dump JELLO and Antoni. Keep everyone else.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dump SHAT and Antoni. Keep everyone else.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Dump SHAT, JELLO, and Antoni.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • There's no hope.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks have 2 All Stars(Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire) and 2 potential All Stars(Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler).

However, SHAT decided to go into the season 20 lbs overweight, and JELLO decided to try out for the 3 point contest instead of playing team basketball.

The ONLY way to fix this is to do the following:
1. Fire Mike Antoni. This guy has no idea how to coach a team. He wants to force JELLO and SHAT to coexist, when it's obvious they don't and probably never will. The Melo duo experiment failed with Iverson, and it's failing with Whackmire.
2. Trade Anthony. Right now, his stock is still high, because teams are assuming he's just in a slump and will snap out of it. Many people also think he's just playing hurt or that he just needs the right system. Now is the time to shop him around. If the Knicks wait until next year, he will be an expiring contract, and teams will only offer junk to get him.
3. Make Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler the focal point of the offense. SHAT needs to squat down and watch how it's done. Then he can get his points here and there in the flow of the sewer.
4. Start Steve Novak. The Knicks need a guy who can make the defense go out on the perimeter. That will open things up for SHAT and Chandler.
5. Use midlevel exception to get a replacement for SHAT. This guy is going to finish washing up by 2014. The Knicks need a replacement.
6. Continue to develop Shumpert.

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The Knicks have 2 All Stars(Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire) and 2 potential All Stars(Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler).

However, SHAT decided to go into the season 20 lbs overweight, and JELLO decided to try out for the 3 point contest instead of playing team basketball.

1. Fire Mike Antoni. This guy has no idea how to coach a team. He wants to force JELLO and SHAT to coexist, when it's obvious they don't and probably never will. The Melo duo experiment failed with Iverson, and it's failing with Whackmire.
2. Trade Anthony. Right now, his stock is still high, because teams are assuming he's just in a slump and will snap out of it. Many people also think he's just playing hurt or that he just needs the right system. Now is the time to shop him around. If the Knicks wait until next year, he will be an expiring contract, and teams will only offer junk to get him.
3. Make Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler the focal point of the offense. SHAT needs to squat down and watch how it's done. Then he can get his points here and there in the flow of the sewer.
4. Start Steve Novak. The Knicks need a guy who can make the defense go out the perimeter. That will open things up for SHAT and Chandler.
5. Use midlevel exception to get a replacement for SHAT. This guy is going to finish washing up by 2014. The Knicks need a replacement.

What KnicksOnline should do to improve.

1.Have you leave. :crossfingers:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Fix shit like this:

photo-11.jpg

How about we don't pay people $18M to score 9 points, grab 5 boards, and have no ****ing idea of what you're doing.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
HE'S SCREENING HIS OWN ****ING MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CARMELO?!??!!? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME???????

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What KnicksOnline should do to improve.

1.Have you leave. :crossfingers:

Let's look at the facts. Melo is attempting over 18 shots per game and is making just 7. He's attemping 7 free throws per game and is making just 5.

I wanted Melo to play like a superstar, but he's looking like JELLO.

I don't want to wait until next year to trade him. By that time, he will be exposed, and noone will offer anything for him.

petescud

Starter
I agree with #1

I would give Melo a different coach and see how that goes before dumping him. On the flip side, if NJ offered Hump and Morrow or something similar, i'd jump on it

#6, i would add to develop: Lin, Harrelson, and Fields as well as Shump. I think all 4 would benefit greatly and should be part of the Knicks future

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm at a complete loss as to how people can see STAT get in his own guy's way, effectively screening him for a wide open dunk, but we're discussing Carmelo...did I miss something?

The **** is going on around here?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm at a complete loss as to how people can see STAT get in his own guy's way, effectively screening him for a wide open dunk, but we're discussing Carmelo...did I miss something?

The **** is going on around here?

SHAT is overpaid. You think teams want a guy who makes 20 mil for 17 points and 8 rebounds?

I want SHAT off the team, too, but he's untradeable. Melo has a short-term deal, and he made the All Star game this year. He can be moved much easier than SHAT.

4. Start Steve Novak. The Knicks need a guy who can make the defense go out on the perimeter. That will open things up for SHAT and Chandler.

HUH? Let me ask you:

Knicks down 1 point 10 secs left? Which one of your focal points do you want taking the last shot? Chandler or Lin?

I voted get rid of MDA by the way...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
HUH? Let me ask you:

Knicks down 1 point 10 secs left? Which one of your focal points do you want taking the last shot? Chandler or Lin?

I voted get rid of MDA by the way...

I want Lin taking the last shot. But Chandler can get dunks and lay ups, too.

I wanted Antoni off from day 1. The minute the Knicks signed him, I knew it was going to be a disaster.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
SHAT is overpaid. You think teams want a guy who makes 20 mil for 17 points and 8 rebounds?

I want SHAT off the team, too, but he's untradeable. Melo has a short-term deal, and he made the All Star game this year. He can be moved much easier than SHAT.

That's counter productive. STAT can be moved, you just might not get the kind of compensation you'd want. But if it's addition by subtraction, I'll take it.

Any team that has no problem playing small ball, and having him play center and run the spread PnR, they'll be satisfied with him. He would most certainly score more than 17 ppg in that system...they just won't be winning a chip any time soon. GSW immediately comes to mind.

Trading Melo makes no sense. STAT is the one who can't operate in a system where he isn't the primary P&R Man, what reason under the blue ****ing sky, would you trade Melo, an keep the dysfunctional duo of STAT and Chandler?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's counter productive. STAT can be moved, you just might not get the kind of compensation you'd want. But if it's addition by subtraction, I'll take it.

Any team that has no problem playing small ball, and having him play center and run the spread PnR, they'll be satisfied with him. He would most certainly score more than 17 ppg in that system...they just won't be winning a chip any time soon. GSW immediately comes to mind.

Trading Melo makes no sense. STAT is the one who can't operate in a system where he isn't the primary P&R Man, what reason under the blue ****ing sky, would you trade Melo, an keep the dysfunctional duo of STAT and Chandler?

JELLO shoots 40% and makes 20 million a year. How does it not make sense to dump him?

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
I'd trade Amare for anything that might resemble a PF.
I would even do it for Bargnani (good outside scoring, decent 1on1 defense, will know his place next to Carmelo). TOR will grab that in a heartbeat.

But even straight up without Stat:
I'd start Carmelo at the 4. Start Lin, Shump, Fields and Chandler.
Good defense, good speed, good hustle, melo can shoot. PnR Lin and Chandler.

This group was on the floor for about 2 mins last game and it did great.

And get a new coach while we're at it. Cuz this guy is catatonic.

Peace.

I want Lin taking the last shot. But Chandler can get dunks and lay ups, too.

I wanted Antoni off from day 1. The minute the Knicks signed him, I knew it was going to be a disaster.

No disrespect to Lin, but he's not that good to be taking the last shot with the game on the line day in day out. He plays scared a lot when the pressure is on.

Chandler would need Lin to pass him the ball. Teams have shut that down right now. When's the last time Lin ran a successful pick & roll with Chandler? Or STAT for that matter? I saw one today with Melo. I thought that was an adjustment that could've been used all game, but we only did it once.

Get rid of MDA and play ball...

nuckles2k2

Superstar
JELLO shoots 40% and makes 20 million a year. How does it not make sense to dump him?

Because #1) he's in a terrible system. And #2) Amar'e can not play in a system where he's NOT the primary PnR man. There's a reason why he goes for big point totals like 27 against the Bucks when Tyson doesn't play. There's a reason why he's been primarily a jump shooter, and takes those awkward drives to the rim that doesn't work BECAUSE TYSON IS BEING USED AS THE PRIMARY P&R MAN, IT'S WHAT HE DOES AS A CENTER ON THE OFFENSIVE END (SEE THE TYSON & CP3 DUO BACK IN THE DAY

So even if you get another coach, and that coach has Tyson operating the P&R, you have a problem....what's STAT doing? He's not a jump shooter (check his percentages this year), he has no post game, he doesn't get offensive boards, what does he do!?!??!??!??!?!?!??!?!??!??!??!?!??!?

So when you trade Melo, get another coach, and STAT is still getting 15-17 ppg because Tyson is still running the P&R, what are you doing then?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'd trade Amare for anything that might resemble a PF.
I would even do it for Bargnani (good outside scoring, decent 1on1 defense, will know his place next to Carmelo). TOR will grab that in a heartbeat.

But even straight up without Stat:
I'd start Carmelo at the 4. Start Lin, Shump, Fields and Chandler.
Good defense, good speed, good hustle, melo can shoot. PnR Lin and Chandler.

This group was on the floor for about 2 mins last game and it did great.

And get a new coach while we're at it. Cuz this guy is catatonic.

Peace.

The problem with that is that SHAT has 80 million dollars left in his contract. His contract is Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas scary. In this economy, most teams won't want to pay a guy 80 million, unless he's Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Durant.

The only team I could see signing SHAT is maybe the Lakers, since they're desperate.

iSaYughh

Starter
Fix shit like this:

photo-11.jpg

How about we don't pay people $18M to score 9 points, grab 5 boards, and have no ****ing idea of what you're doing.

Good lord. That is horrific.

The other gif going around showing Amarie *literally* showing the form of a seasoned matador is equally as stunning.

This guy just kills me. Even before we signed him, I couldn't handle this fools' fatal flaws.

iSaYughh

Starter
The problem with that is that SHAT has 80 million dollars left in his contract. His contract is Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas scary. In this economy, most teams won't want to pay a guy 80 million, unless he's Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Durant.

True.

But I still do think we could delude some teams into taking him on. Even just getting rid of his salary, and getting a 1st and/or a quality complimentary bench player.

Good lord. That is horrific.

The other gif going around showing Amarie *literally* showing the form of a seasoned matador is equally as stunning.

This guy just kills me. Even before we signed him, I couldn't handle this fools' fatal flaws.

I saw the play. To be fair STAT was trailing Brand (who's behind Chandler in this pic) and was overly concerned with him. His problem started when he didnt keep an eye on the man and the ball...