View Poll Results: What do the Knicks have to do to start winning again?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Losing streaks happen to all teams. The Knicks will be fine.

    3 9.68%
  • Get rid of Antoni. Keep everyone else.

    11 35.48%
  • Dump JELLO and Antoni. Keep everyone else.

    4 12.90%
  • Dump SHAT and Antoni. Keep everyone else.

    7 22.58%
  • Dump SHAT, JELLO, and Antoni.

    4 12.90%
  • There's no hope.

    2 6.45%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70

Thread: What the Knicks Should do to Improve

  1. #1
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default What the Knicks Should do to Improve

    The Knicks have 2 All Stars(Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire) and 2 potential All Stars(Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler).

    However, SHAT decided to go into the season 20 lbs overweight, and JELLO decided to try out for the 3 point contest instead of playing team basketball.

    The ONLY way to fix this is to do the following:
    1. Fire Mike Antoni. This guy has no idea how to coach a team. He wants to force JELLO and SHAT to coexist, when it's obvious they don't and probably never will. The Melo duo experiment failed with Iverson, and it's failing with Whackmire.
    2. Trade Anthony. Right now, his stock is still high, because teams are assuming he's just in a slump and will snap out of it. Many people also think he's just playing hurt or that he just needs the right system. Now is the time to shop him around. If the Knicks wait until next year, he will be an expiring contract, and teams will only offer junk to get him.
    3. Make Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler the focal point of the offense. SHAT needs to squat down and watch how it's done. Then he can get his points here and there in the flow of the sewer.
    4. Start Steve Novak. The Knicks need a guy who can make the defense go out on the perimeter. That will open things up for SHAT and Chandler.
    5. Use midlevel exception to get a replacement for SHAT. This guy is going to finish washing up by 2014. The Knicks need a replacement.
    6. Continue to develop Shumpert.
    Last edited by abcd; Mar 11, 2012 at 19:19.

  2. #2
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks have 2 All Stars(Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire) and 2 potential All Stars(Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler).

    However, SHAT decided to go into the season 20 lbs overweight, and JELLO decided to try out for the 3 point contest instead of playing team basketball.

    The ONLY way to fix this is to do the following:
    1. Fire Mike Antoni. This guy has no idea how to coach a team. He wants to force JELLO and SHAT to coexist, when it's obvious they don't and probably never will. The Melo duo experiment failed with Iverson, and it's failing with Whackmire.
    2. Trade Anthony. Right now, his stock is still high, because teams are assuming he's just in a slump and will snap out of it. Many people also think he's just playing hurt or that he just needs the right system. Now is the time to shop him around. If the Knicks wait until next year, he will be an expiring contract, and teams will only offer junk to get him.
    3. Make Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler the focal point of the offense. SHAT needs to squat down and watch how it's done. Then he can get his points here and there in the flow of the sewer.
    4. Start Steve Novak. The Knicks need a guy who can make the defense go out the perimeter. That will open things up for SHAT and Chandler.
    5. Use midlevel exception to get a replacement for SHAT. This guy is going to finish washing up by 2014. The Knicks need a replacement.
    6. Continue to develop Shumpert.
    What KnicksOnline should do to improve.

    1.Have you leave.

  3. #3
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Fix **** like this:



    How about we don't pay people $18M to score 9 points, grab 5 boards, and have no ****ing idea of what you're doing.

  4. #4
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    HE'S SCREENING HIS OWN ****ING MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    CARMELO?!??!!? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME???????

  5. #5
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    What KnicksOnline should do to improve.

    1.Have you leave.
    Let's look at the facts. Melo is attempting over 18 shots per game and is making just 7. He's attemping 7 free throws per game and is making just 5.

    I wanted Melo to play like a superstar, but he's looking like JELLO.

    I don't want to wait until next year to trade him. By that time, he will be exposed, and noone will offer anything for him.

  6. #6
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,811
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I agree with #1

    I would give Melo a different coach and see how that goes before dumping him. On the flip side, if NJ offered Hump and Morrow or something similar, i'd jump on it

    #6, i would add to develop: Lin, Harrelson, and Fields as well as Shump. I think all 4 would benefit greatly and should be part of the Knicks future

  7. #7
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I'm at a complete loss as to how people can see STAT get in his own guy's way, effectively screening him for a wide open dunk, but we're discussing Carmelo...did I miss something?

    The **** is going on around here?

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I'm at a complete loss as to how people can see STAT get in his own guy's way, effectively screening him for a wide open dunk, but we're discussing Carmelo...did I miss something?

    The **** is going on around here?
    SHAT is overpaid. You think teams want a guy who makes 20 mil for 17 points and 8 rebounds?

    I want SHAT off the team, too, but he's untradeable. Melo has a short-term deal, and he made the All Star game this year. He can be moved much easier than SHAT.

  9. #9
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks have 2 All Stars(Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire) and 2 potential All Stars(Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler).

    However, SHAT decided to go into the season 20 lbs overweight, and JELLO decided to try out for the 3 point contest instead of playing team basketball.

    The ONLY way to fix this is to do the following:
    1. Fire Mike Antoni. This guy has no idea how to coach a team. He wants to force JELLO and SHAT to coexist, when it's obvious they don't and probably never will. The Melo duo experiment failed with Iverson, and it's failing with Whackmire.
    2. Trade Anthony. Right now, his stock is still high, because teams are assuming he's just in a slump and will snap out of it. Many people also think he's just playing hurt or that he just needs the right system. Now is the time to shop him around. If the Knicks wait until next year, he will be an expiring contract, and teams will only offer junk to get him.
    3. Make Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler the focal point of the offense. SHAT needs to squat down and watch how it's done. Then he can get his points here and there in the flow of the sewer.
    4. Start Steve Novak. The Knicks need a guy who can make the defense go out on the perimeter. That will open things up for SHAT and Chandler.
    5. Use midlevel exception to get a replacement for SHAT. This guy is going to finish washing up by 2014. The Knicks need a replacement.
    6. Continue to develop Shumpert.

    HUH? Let me ask you:

    Knicks down 1 point 10 secs left? Which one of your focal points do you want taking the last shot? Chandler or Lin?

    I voted get rid of MDA by the way...

  10. #10
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    HUH? Let me ask you:

    Knicks down 1 point 10 secs left? Which one of your focal points do you want taking the last shot? Chandler or Lin?

    I voted get rid of MDA by the way...
    I want Lin taking the last shot. But Chandler can get dunks and lay ups, too.

    I wanted Antoni off from day 1. The minute the Knicks signed him, I knew it was going to be a disaster.

  11. #11
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    SHAT is overpaid. You think teams want a guy who makes 20 mil for 17 points and 8 rebounds?

    I want SHAT off the team, too, but he's untradeable. Melo has a short-term deal, and he made the All Star game this year. He can be moved much easier than SHAT.
    That's counter productive. STAT can be moved, you just might not get the kind of compensation you'd want. But if it's addition by subtraction, I'll take it.

    Any team that has no problem playing small ball, and having him play center and run the spread PnR, they'll be satisfied with him. He would most certainly score more than 17 ppg in that system...they just won't be winning a chip any time soon. GSW immediately comes to mind.

    Trading Melo makes no sense. STAT is the one who can't operate in a system where he isn't the primary P&R Man, what reason under the blue ****ing sky, would you trade Melo, an keep the dysfunctional duo of STAT and Chandler?

  12. #12
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    That's counter productive. STAT can be moved, you just might not get the kind of compensation you'd want. But if it's addition by subtraction, I'll take it.

    Any team that has no problem playing small ball, and having him play center and run the spread PnR, they'll be satisfied with him. He would most certainly score more than 17 ppg in that system...they just won't be winning a chip any time soon. GSW immediately comes to mind.

    Trading Melo makes no sense. STAT is the one who can't operate in a system where he isn't the primary P&R Man, what reason under the blue ****ing sky, would you trade Melo, an keep the dysfunctional duo of STAT and Chandler?
    JELLO shoots 40% and makes 20 million a year. How does it not make sense to dump him?

  13. #13
    Member lookgrabpull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'd trade Amare for anything that might resemble a PF.
    I would even do it for Bargnani (good outside scoring, decent 1on1 defense, will know his place next to Carmelo). TOR will grab that in a heartbeat.

    But even straight up without Stat:
    I'd start Carmelo at the 4. Start Lin, Shump, Fields and Chandler.
    Good defense, good speed, good hustle, melo can shoot. PnR Lin and Chandler.

    This group was on the floor for about 2 mins last game and it did great.

    And get a new coach while we're at it. Cuz this guy is catatonic.

    Peace.

  14. #14
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I want Lin taking the last shot. But Chandler can get dunks and lay ups, too.

    I wanted Antoni off from day 1. The minute the Knicks signed him, I knew it was going to be a disaster.

    No disrespect to Lin, but he's not that good to be taking the last shot with the game on the line day in day out. He plays scared a lot when the pressure is on.

    Chandler would need Lin to pass him the ball. Teams have shut that down right now. When's the last time Lin ran a successful pick & roll with Chandler? Or STAT for that matter? I saw one today with Melo. I thought that was an adjustment that could've been used all game, but we only did it once.

    Get rid of MDA and play ball...

  15. #15
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    JELLO shoots 40% and makes 20 million a year. How does it not make sense to dump him?
    Because #1) he's in a terrible system. And #2) Amar'e can not play in a system where he's NOT the primary PnR man. There's a reason why he goes for big point totals like 27 against the Bucks when Tyson doesn't play. There's a reason why he's been primarily a jump shooter, and takes those awkward drives to the rim that doesn't work BECAUSE TYSON IS BEING USED AS THE PRIMARY P&R MAN, IT'S WHAT HE DOES AS A CENTER ON THE OFFENSIVE END (SEE THE TYSON & CP3 DUO BACK IN THE DAY

    So even if you get another coach, and that coach has Tyson operating the P&R, you have a problem....what's STAT doing? He's not a jump shooter (check his percentages this year), he has no post game, he doesn't get offensive boards, what does he do!?!??!??!??!?!?!??!?!??!??!??!?!??!?

    So when you trade Melo, get another coach, and STAT is still getting 15-17 ppg because Tyson is still running the P&R, what are you doing then?

Similar Threads

  1. These Knicks May not be together Much Longer
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 09:03
  2. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2009, 20:23
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •