The Official "Damn Knicks..." thread

You ever wake up in the middle of the night screaming and then fall of your bed and curl into the fetal position and start weeping because you were dreaming about Paul Pierce hitting a clutch 3 and tying a game we had in the bag?

Well then this is the thread for you! These ****ing Knicks are killing me! They've been breaking my heart my entire life and my soul has been crushed so many times it's as thin as a moo-shu pancake. Yes that was a Lin pun...somehow.

Anyway damn ****ing Knicks **** **** damn damn **** ****

well, this is what happens when you celebrate like champions after having 2 good quarters against he cavs.

wait....come to think of it, thats the only two good quarters I have seen them play since the all-star break.

**** these guys. GO CLIPPERS.

kinein

Benchwarmer
n July 2009, İlyasova returned to the Bucks, signing a three-year $7 million contract.

Makes me cringe how much the "stars" are making vs the Bucks daggermaster.

He did it again tonight as well.

With Knicks "stars" making 2-3x more in one year compared to his 7$ in 3 years.

My position remains the same - Melo and Amare need to earn their salary.

wian

Benchwarmer
! They've been breaking my heart my entire life and my soul has been crushed so many times it's as thin as a moo-shu pancake.

LOL ! I dont know if you guys from The States know much about The Australian Football League over here, but thats exactly how i feel about the team i support here ! The Western Bulldogs - 1 Premiership / Championship since the competition began in 1925 !!

So sadly, i am waiting for my Football Team here and My NBA Team there to pull their F**N Finger out and bring home some more silverware ! :boohoo:

Oh well, it will happen soon i hope !

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
LOL ! I dont know if you guys from The States know much about The Australian Football League over here, but thats exactly how i feel about the team i support here ! The Western Bulldogs - 1 Premiership / Championship since the competition began in 1925 !!

So sadly, i am waiting for my Football Team here and My NBA Team there to pull their F**N Finger out and bring home some more silverware ! :boohoo:

Oh well, it will happen soon i hope !

I'M A DOGS MAN!

Sons of the West! Red, white and blue......and so on.

I'm more so a Knicks fan, but I suffered through the 90s with both teams choking. Maybe that's why I can't stop killing children?

quiggle

Starter
those who are unaware, there is another basketball team debuting in New York next season that could use a loyal fanbase. the Knicks are a lousy franchise with no proud history and bandwagon fair weathered fans. is this what you want to be associated with?

If D'ant returns next season the Knicks will lose fan support just for that very reason alone. They don't need a city rival to deplete their fanbase, he'll do that all by himself.

quiggle

Starter
I dont see any Knicks Bulls game thread yet but to pass the time and "damn Knicks" moment in history

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Knick fans have noone to blame but themselves. They demanded we gut the team for an overrated, lazy, underachieving "superstar". A "superstar" that hasn't really proven anything in the NBA, has a 16-36 career playoff record, and currently has a 26-37 record when playing with the Knicks, while the Knicks have a 43-34 without him.

Knick fans wanted this and have really no right to complain. After every loss last year, pre-Melo trade, everyone said the reason we lost was because we didn't have Melo and we needed to get him at all cost. We would start winning when we got him. The pick-and-roll would run better when Melo got here. We would be contenders when Melo got here. All from Knick fans who had never really watched Melo play except for a few nationally televised games. Had never really followed his career and only looked at how many points he scored. You got what you wanted without even knowing what you were getting. Knick fans have noone to blame but themselves.

p0nder

Starter
Are the Knicks cursed???? what the hell is going on?

Can someone explain to me how we are as bad as we were with CHEESEBURGER CURRY on the team?

I will continue to blame the coach because he isn't using Melo to his strength. Melo help Denver get to the playoffs ever year he was there. Thats good enough for me and I'm sure with the right coaching here in NY he will assist the Knicks (who are much deeper than his previous team) to go deep in the playoffs.

We fail with Melo because the coach isn't going to adapt (or knows how to). I would support our coach but he is a loser...while Melo has consistantly proven other wise....until he got here, hmmmm.

Give the Knicks a different coach, particularly one who teaches defense and I'm sure we all will see a hugh difference. This coach is just shitty, plain and simple. Just watch the games and judge for yourself. He has no power of command, can't motivate, can't stratergize, can't evaluate talent, can't recognize when to call time out and sub accordingly, can't even speak respectfully about his own players...who happen to be better ball players than he was. He's a joke and we deserve better. We don't really need anymore trades, just get rid of the obvious problem the coach. Since he's been here, we had to buy and scrap many Jersey's because he doesn't know how to coach the talent wearing them. I'm tired of wasting money on games and appareal because of this dude.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
those who are unaware, there is another basketball team debuting in New York next season that could use a loyal fanbase. the Knicks are a lousy franchise with no proud history and bandwagon fair weathered fans. is this what you want to be associated with?

No thanks.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't even think Nash and Kobe could help this team. There's nothing logical as to why this team is doing this bad. This is AFTER the All-Star break.

after the all star break we had some decent time to practice and gel, they have been worse off since. smh.

A change of the coach is the only thing we didn't do yet. We now have a team of talented players, something we didn't have in years. I'm not ready to give up on those guys knowing that they are not actually playing their style of ball. The coach has taken away most of their skill sets by trying to make them into players they are not.

fender0577

Rotation player
I don't even think Nash and Kobe could help this team. There's nothing logical as to why this team is doing this bad. This is AFTER the All-Star break.
Yes there is, even a chimpanzee would have learned by now, STAT shouldn't be playing 20+feet from the hoop all the time, LIN, shouldn't be shooting more than MELO, and switching on every play is BAD.There is just 2 much to list with this guy.:peace:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Yes there is, even a chimpanzee would have learned by now, STAT shouldn't be playing 20+feet from the hoop all the time, LIN, shouldn't be shooting more than MELO, and switching on every play is BAD.There is just 2 much to list with this guy.:peace:

Lets just make it easy for you -

Stat Melo BD JRS Chandler on one team.

Lin Novak Shumpert Jeffries Chandler/Jerome on the other team.

kinein

Benchwarmer
after the all star break we had some decent time to practice and gel, they have been worse off since. smh.

A change of the coach is the only thing we didn't do yet. We now have a team of talented players, something we didn't have in years. I'm not ready to give up on those guys knowing that they are not actually playing their style of ball. The coach has taken away most of their skill sets by trying to make them into players they are not.

Defense1.gif

What about this is the coach's fault?

------------------------
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/anthony-making-commitment-to-defense-1.3407531 - full article.

DEC 21, 2011 - THE COMMITMENT. I smell some hardcore regression from Carmelo and Amare.

Long before the arrival of Tyson Chandler, Anthony said the Knicks "can be a great defensive team'' and put himself out in front of that mission.
"I'll lead that charge,'' he said in October. "I'll take that stance . . . At the end of the day, we will be a great defensive team.''
Yes, it was a preseason game, and yes, it was against a weaker opponent in the Nets, but the Knicks still had to do something about Deron Williams and Brook Lopez for at least the first half of an otherwise sloppy game. The result was a defensive effort that produced 11 steals and 11 blocked shots -- one each by Anthony -- and limited the Nets to 82 points, including a meaningless three-pointer by Sundiata Gaines at the buzzer.
Was this something to build off for a Knicks team that has been mocked for its defensive ineptitude in the past?
"We've done a great job defensively,'' Amar'e Stoudemire said. "The offense is going to come. The defense is where we seem to be making strides."
Stoudemire also has been routinely derided throughout his career for his lack of defensive focus. But they now flank Chandler, one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, and seem to want to shake their reputations. "We know we can be a good team,'' Anthony said. "The way we talk, the way we communicate. We're going to have each other's backs all season.''

-------------------------------------

Carmelo and Amare fans should tweet their own words back to them. Remind them what they stated they would do and their old beliefs.. at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer

Suggest you read this fender.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...s-need-a-point-guard-1.3505550?obref=obinsite

Charles Barkley Excerpt:
At halftime of the Knicks' loss to the Bulls on Thursday night, TNT analyst Barkley offered this: "They need a point guard because if they don't play faster, they've got no chance."
Point guard is the Knicks' weakness. They need someone to take control of the offense, run pick-and-rolls with Amar'e Stoudemire and make sure there aren't too many Carmelo Anthony isolation plays.

This is the same analysis by other analysts covering the NBA all around the league.

Been seeing Amare dunking a lot recently. I think your 20+ ft off the board is an exaggeration.

Lin was shooting over 50% while Carmelo was in the 30% area. Only at the 18-23 wins-losses, has Carmelo finally gotten to 40%. While Lin is 45+% still.

Id rather take 45-55% at 3 shots per Carmelos 30-40% at 1 shot per --- in the same amount of time.

Lin runs a much faster scoring offense - the ball finds the open man, for example if Novak is open a lot he will get a lot of looks, too much Carmelo ISO-ball --- INEVITABLY leads to getting outscored for the most part.

Amare would have had 3-4-5 + more scoring attempts if he had paid more attention last game - he does this every game and these ARE NOT 20+ ft jumpers.

Better rebounding.

Last edited:
Defense1.gif

What about this is the coach's fault?

------------------------
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/anthony-making-commitment-to-defense-1.3407531 - full article.

DEC 21, 2011 - THE COMMITMENT. I smell some hardcore regression from Carmelo and Amare.

Long before the arrival of Tyson Chandler, Anthony said the Knicks "can be a great defensive team'' and put himself out in front of that mission.
"I'll lead that charge,'' he said in October. "I'll take that stance . . . At the end of the day, we will be a great defensive team.''
Yes, it was a preseason game, and yes, it was against a weaker opponent in the Nets, but the Knicks still had to do something about Deron Williams and Brook Lopez for at least the first half of an otherwise sloppy game. The result was a defensive effort that produced 11 steals and 11 blocked shots -- one each by Anthony -- and limited the Nets to 82 points, including a meaningless three-pointer by Sundiata Gaines at the buzzer.
Was this something to build off for a Knicks team that has been mocked for its defensive ineptitude in the past?
"We've done a great job defensively,'' Amar'e Stoudemire said. "The offense is going to come. The defense is where we seem to be making strides."
Stoudemire also has been routinely derided throughout his career for his lack of defensive focus. But they now flank Chandler, one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, and seem to want to shake their reputations. "We know we can be a good team,'' Anthony said. "The way we talk, the way we communicate. We're going to have each other's backs all season.''

-------------------------------------

Carmelo and Amare fans should tweet their own words back to them. Remind them what they stated they would do and their old beliefs.. at the beginning of the season.

They suck on Defense because they are too focused on what D?ant teaches them (offense). One reason their defense sucks is because of their positioning. The bad positioning also comes from rushed shots on the offensive end, an off shot in this system is deflating and energy draining because they are always running around...many times looking like their heads cut off.

IMO, they should be playing a zone D. This will give them fresher legs simply by commanding a certain area of the floor. Also, this will be better for Melo who is actually a better defender than most give him credit for?Stat and Melo are not those type of guys that can chase someone around in a man 2man scheme, especially for a whole game when the offense is already ran at a fast pace. Defense requires acknowledgement of your teammate?s tendencies, knowing where they will be at.

In this clip (and many others like it) you?ll see the knicks confused and oblivious to knowing where the help is coming from, or where to establish proper positioning. This is a coaching issue. A change in leadership for someone defensive minded will do us wonders. We have scorers and the simple fact that we can?t even get our scorers to do that efficiently is very telling.

When problem solving you always should try getting to the root of the issue, we have been having the same issue long before Melo arrived and now his stats are even tanking. We need new leadership b4 we go for new players. Why should we try out everyone in the NBA to play here before removing one person who was never been good in the NBA?