Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official "Damn Knicks..." thread

Superstar

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I don't even think Nash and Kobe could help this team. There's nothing logical as to why this team is doing this bad. This is AFTER the All-Star break.
    Yes there is, even a chimpanzee would have learned by now, STAT shouldn't be playing 20+feet from the hoop all the time, LIN, shouldn't be shooting more than MELO, and switching on every play is BAD.There is just 2 much to list with this guy.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Yes there is, even a chimpanzee would have learned by now, STAT shouldn't be playing 20+feet from the hoop all the time, LIN, shouldn't be shooting more than MELO, and switching on every play is BAD.There is just 2 much to list with this guy.
    Lets just make it easy for you -

Stat Melo BD JRS Chandler on one team.

Lin Novak Shumpert Jeffries Chandler/Jerome on the other team.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    after the all star break we had some decent time to practice and gel, they have been worse off since. smh.

A change of the coach is the only thing we didn't do yet. We now have a team of talented players, something we didn't have in years. I'm not ready to give up on those guys knowing that they are not actually playing their style of ball. The coach has taken away most of their skill sets by trying to make them into players they are not.

What about this is the coach's fault?

------------------------
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - full article.

DEC 21, 2011 - THE COMMITMENT. I smell some hardcore regression from Carmelo and Amare.

Long before the arrival of Tyson Chandler, Anthony said the Knicks "can be a great defensive team'' and put himself out in front of that mission.
    "I'll lead that charge,'' he said in October. "I'll take that stance . . . At the end of the day, we will be a great defensive team.''
    Yes, it was a preseason game, and yes, it was against a weaker opponent in the Nets, but the Knicks still had to do something about Deron Williams and Brook Lopez for at least the first half of an otherwise sloppy game. The result was a defensive effort that produced 11 steals and 11 blocked shots -- one each by Anthony -- and limited the Nets to 82 points, including a meaningless three-pointer by Sundiata Gaines at the buzzer.
    Was this something to build off for a Knicks team that has been mocked for its defensive ineptitude in the past?
    "We've done a great job defensively,'' Amar'e Stoudemire said. "The offense is going to come. The defense is where we seem to be making strides."
    Stoudemire also has been routinely derided throughout his career for his lack of defensive focus. But they now flank Chandler, one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, and seem to want to shake their reputations. "We know we can be a good team,'' Anthony said. "The way we talk, the way we communicate. We're going to have each other's backs all season.''

-------------------------------------

Carmelo and Amare fans should tweet their own words back to them. Remind them what they stated they would do and their old beliefs.. at the beginning of the season.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 12, 2012 at 13:38.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Suggest you read this fender.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Charles Barkley Excerpt:
    At halftime of the Knicks' loss to the Bulls on Thursday night, TNT analyst Barkley offered this: "They need a point guard because if they don't play faster, they've got no chance."
    Point guard is the Knicks' weakness. They need someone to take control of the offense, run pick-and-rolls with Amar'e Stoudemire and make sure there aren't too many Carmelo Anthony isolation plays.

This is the same analysis by other analysts covering the NBA all around the league.

Been seeing Amare dunking a lot recently. I think your 20+ ft off the board is an exaggeration.

Lin was shooting over 50% while Carmelo was in the 30% area. Only at the 18-23 wins-losses, has Carmelo finally gotten to 40%. While Lin is 45+% still.

Id rather take 45-55% at 3 shots per Carmelos 30-40% at 1 shot per --- in the same amount of time.

Lin runs a much faster scoring offense - the ball finds the open man, for example if Novak is open a lot he will get a lot of looks, too much Carmelo ISO-ball --- INEVITABLY leads to getting outscored for the most part.

Amare would have had 3-4-5 + more scoring attempts if he had paid more attention last game - he does this every game and these ARE NOT 20+ ft jumpers.

Better rebounding.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 12, 2012 at 13:54.

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein

What about this is the coach's fault?

------------------------
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - full article.

DEC 21, 2011 - THE COMMITMENT. I smell some hardcore regression from Carmelo and Amare.

Long before the arrival of Tyson Chandler, Anthony said the Knicks "can be a great defensive team'' and put himself out in front of that mission.
    "I'll lead that charge,'' he said in October. "I'll take that stance . . . At the end of the day, we will be a great defensive team.''
    Yes, it was a preseason game, and yes, it was against a weaker opponent in the Nets, but the Knicks still had to do something about Deron Williams and Brook Lopez for at least the first half of an otherwise sloppy game. The result was a defensive effort that produced 11 steals and 11 blocked shots -- one each by Anthony -- and limited the Nets to 82 points, including a meaningless three-pointer by Sundiata Gaines at the buzzer.
    Was this something to build off for a Knicks team that has been mocked for its defensive ineptitude in the past?
    "We've done a great job defensively,'' Amar'e Stoudemire said. "The offense is going to come. The defense is where we seem to be making strides."
    Stoudemire also has been routinely derided throughout his career for his lack of defensive focus. But they now flank Chandler, one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, and seem to want to shake their reputations. "We know we can be a good team,'' Anthony said. "The way we talk, the way we communicate. We're going to have each other's backs all season.''

-------------------------------------

Carmelo and Amare fans should tweet their own words back to them. Remind them what they stated they would do and their old beliefs.. at the beginning of the season.
    They suck on Defense because they are too focused on what D’ant teaches them (offense). One reason their defense sucks is because of their positioning. The bad positioning also comes from rushed shots on the offensive end, an off shot in this system is deflating and energy draining because they are always running around...many times looking like their heads cut off.

IMO, they should be playing a zone D. This will give them fresher legs simply by commanding a certain area of the floor. Also, this will be better for Melo who is actually a better defender than most give him credit for…Stat and Melo are not those type of guys that can chase someone around in a man 2man scheme, especially for a whole game when the offense is already ran at a fast pace. Defense requires acknowledgement of your teammate’s tendencies, knowing where they will be at.

In this clip (and many others like it) you’ll see the knicks confused and oblivious to knowing where the help is coming from, or where to establish proper positioning. This is a coaching issue. A change in leadership for someone defensive minded will do us wonders. We have scorers and the simple fact that we can’t even get our scorers to do that efficiently is very telling.

When problem solving you always should try getting to the root of the issue, we have been having the same issue long before Melo arrived and now his stats are even tanking. We need new leadership b4 we go for new players. Why should we try out everyone in the NBA to play here before removing one person who was never been good in the NBA?

Stephen A Smith is on the rado screaming his head off right now lol. He's pisssssed.

He said there is no reason you shouldn't at least be a .500 team with a career 25ppg and 20ppg guy on your team. I think he's about to go all in on Antoni.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Stephen A Smith is on the rado screaming his head off right now lol. He's pisssssed.

He said there is no reason you shouldn't at least be a .500 team with a career 25ppg and 20ppg guy on your team. I think he's about to go all in on Antoni.
    Someone should just shut Stephen A up.

Listening, thanks for the heads up lol.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]They suck on Defense

When problem solving you always should try getting to the root of the issue, we have been having the same issue long before Melo arrived and now his stats are even tanking. We need new leadership b4 we go for new players. Why should we try out everyone in the NBA to play here before removing one person who was never been good in the NBA?

During (Jeremy Lin’s first) eight games, against that same weak schedule and with the same depleted roster, New York allowed 93.7 points per 100 possessions. That would be the stingiest mark in the league over the full season. In simple terms: The Knicks’ defense was the driving force of their success during Lin’s emergence…

The defense has allowed 99.6 points per 100 possessions since Carmelo’s return, a better-than-average mark that nonetheless constitutes a major drop-off from the stingy number (93.7) that they allowed with Lin/without Anthony. In the long run, it’s probably a good sign, or at least not a bad one, that New York has been slightly better than average on defense in a relatively tough six-game stretch while re-integrating two subpar defenders in Anthony and Stoudemire.

Sports Illustrated Analysis.

------------------------

The Knicks are indeed pretty bad with the Lin/Anthony pairing on the floor, according to NBA.com. New York has averaged 97.9 points per 100 possessions with Lin and Anthony together and allowed 102.4, both worse than its season averages. (Note: NBA.com uses a slightly different formula than Hoopdata to calculate the number of possessions in game, leading to lower points-per-possessions numbers. New York’s season average is 98.3 by this scale, so the Anthony/Lin mark of 97.9 is fairly close to that average.)

With Lin and without Anthony, New York’s scoring jumps way up to 105 points per 100 possessions. That’s a bad sign.

Sports Illustrated - NBA.com

The Knicks are scoring an off-the-charts 116.9 points per 100 possessions with Lin and Novak on the floor together, and the only Lin lineups that have logged a decent chunk of minutes together and scored at an above-average rate all include Novak. Having an elite long-range shooter at power forward (or small forward, when two big men are in the game) obviously opens up the middle of floor more when New York runs the pick-and-roll. Anthony is a below-average three-point shooter for his career, and Stoudemire’s mid-range game has suffered this season. Both prefer receiving the ball near the elbows or on the wings, places from which it is easier for their defenders to sag down and clog the lane. This is why you often see one of them stationed in one of the corners on Lin/Chandler pick-and-roll plays.

Sports Illustrated

116 should be good enough to beat anyone - as long as we can play defense.

Our defense has CLICKED before this season - but it has NEVER clicked with Amare and Carmelo both on the floor since earlier in the season when Carmelo made the "Commitment to DEFENSE".

I'm not demanding the "STARS" be traded or benched. I'm demanding they actually put better effort into their own personal D, Rebounding, Communication. and Effort. Effort. Effort.

This doesn't look like effort or leadership when all they have to do is stand-up, clap, cheer for their teammates all 4th quarter when the guys on the floor are making a push to come-back.

They are looking ANYWHERE but at their teammates hustling and bustling.

The gap easily could have closed to tie or within 2-3 pts - during this period but JR Smith missed some easy shots on his drives.

* I'm convinced that Carmelo - CAN - play defense. But he takes breaks a lot or doesn't put in enough effort CONSISTENTLY. He gets caught slacking intermittently throughout his play ---- this leads to Fouling because he slacks off on defense.

And Carmelo speaks on Defense..
    * notice how he is in better shape and looks less squishy.
    * I am aware that in this lock-out season and all his injuries and the fact he didnt stay in shape during the lock-out ~ his overall athletic level and body has taken serious hits. Hopefully between this season and next he can train hard and get back into top Melo form.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 12, 2012 at 15:10.

Watch Carmelo's hustle in this analysis video.

I know Carmelo can play 100% he just isn't trying. The energy is not there because he refuses to give it 100% on defense.

Kenny Smith talking with Stephen A Smith right now on ESPN radio right now.

" We need Carmelo Anthony from Syracuse and 1st 3 years "

" We need Carmelo 15lbs lighter "

" We need Carmelo - that used to decide within the first 3 seconds, (not the one that is thinking about what he is going to do for 10-15 seconds)"

" Carmelo used to be considered possibly better than Lebron "

" Amare and Carmelo want to be in D'antoni's system, what player wouldn't want a system that guarantees more touches in 20 minutes than 45 minutes "

Stephen A Smith - Subbing in on the Michael Kay Show. 3/12/2012 - afternoon. 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
    Their conversation is around 345pm - 430pm. (times are eastern.. for non East Coast Listeners like me)
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 12, 2012 at 15:29.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Dam i missed it what he say, Stephen a smith is a funny a$$ dude

He's ripping into Mark Sanchez again. Lol. This is awesome.

Did it occur to y'all that Mark Sanchez needs to be pushed.

Did it ever occur to you

He needs to be held accountable.

If you stink up the joint I can bench you!

Thats all I'm asking

Nobody says he needs to be cut or thrown to the wolves

I'm replaying it now, and SAS says "forget about Phil, bring Van Gundy back!"

I'm laughing my ass off, dude is all over MDA.

Dude from Brooklyn calling ESPN is almost crying after SAS' monolog.

Originally Posted by kinein
    * I'm convinced that Carmelo - CAN - play defense. But he takes breaks a lot or doesn't put in enough effort CONSISTENTLY. He gets caught slacking intermittently throughout his play ---- this leads to Fouling because he slacks off on defense.
    The only time Melo ever plays defense is when he is/is afraid of, getting torched by his opposing number. He often plays retaliation defense which leads to bad fouls and bad shots by him trying to get one over the guy who he's guarding.